Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to make a driving video.............

Rides

I want to make a driving video.............

Much like King_js recent effort

What would I need to do this??? I dont have a video camera yet, will any old piece of tat be good enough for the job, or will I need a digi one???? Also what software will I need to be able to edit my footage on me computer????

What I want to do once I have the footage is play a piece of music that I have in my head over the top with engine noise obviously. Id also like to be able to cut stuff and fade things in and out and maybe even add text aswell. Then ill need to convert the file so I'll be able to post up on here afterwards

Also if anyone in the South East wants to take part I think that be cool too

Cheers
    Dyl.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifts_S14
    Much like King_js recent effort

I hope it will be better than that

Better off doing a trackday vid digicam would be soooooooo much easier to do
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    i think u can get vidio editing stuff quite cheep, try maplins? or somwhere like that maybe,

how will u mount the camera?? ideallyif u had1 mount it from a roll cage??

id also join in but all i have is a scabby xrpoo

Rides
    I have a digi cam with quite a good vid mode if you want

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s13_monkey
    i think u can get vidio editing stuff quite cheep, try maplins? or somwhere like that maybe,

how will u mount the camera?? ideallyif u had1 mount it from a roll cage??

id also join in but all i have is a scabby xrpoo
    You could join in with the scooby so that everyone can see a scooby getting wasted by a proper car

I forgot to mention that Im very amateur when it comes to these sorts of things (hence the post) Id imagine that if I put the camera between the seat and headrest and jam it in there then this should be adequate mountage

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty T
    I have a digi cam with quite a good vid mode if you want
    Hmmmm fancy a collaboration job?

Rides
    You could join in with the scooby so that everyone can see a scooby getting wasted by a proper car

I forgot to mention that Im very amateur when it comes to these sorts of things (hence the post) Id imagine that if I put the camera between the seat and headrest and jam it in there then this should be adequate mountage

i hate to burst your bubble but an xrpooo! is a fiesta xr2

Rides
    Hmmmm fancy a collaboration job?
    Add me to MSN and ill send you a clip i took with it, its not great, max clips of 30seconds in 640x480, or 3mins in smaller res's

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s13_monkey
    i hate to burst your bubble but an xrpooo! is a fiesta xr2
    When I saw the scabby I automatically asumed it said scooby

Rides
    i understand completely

lol

Rides
    i bought a camera mounting bracket for this very reason, it has a screw thread jobbie on one end with a swivel then the other is a G clap set up, ideal for clamping it to a head rest post i got it from Jessops camera shops (i believe they are all over the country) and cost about £15

ideall you need a camera and a machine with Firewire (IE1394, iLink) to get the footage off as USB is generally too slow...as its done in real time
    unsure of what OS yu have, but someone with a mac will be able to do it with ease as pre-insatlled is iMovie which is ace for video editing

Rides
    Cheers Ron

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Janus
    i bought a camera mounting bracket for this very reason, it has a screw thread jobbie on one end with a swivel then the other is a G clap set up, ideal for clamping it to a head rest post i got it from Jessops camera shops (i believe they are all over the country) and cost about £15

ideall you need a camera and a machine with Firewire (IE1394, iLink) to get the footage off as USB is generally too slow...as its done in real time
    unsure of what OS yu have, but someone with a mac will be able to do it with ease as pre-insatlled is iMovie which is ace for video editing
    Cheers theres a Jessops near me so Ill go take a look when I can - also found a Sony handycam on dealtime for £181. Does anyone know the difference between a flash memory vid camera and a normal digi vid camera

Rides
    Cheers theres a Jessops near me so Ill go take a look when I can - also found a Sony handycam on dealtime for £181. Does anyone know the difference between a flash memory vid camera and a normal digi vid camera
    Flash memory camera will be serverly limited - writes to a memory card/stick. Usually lower qulaity.

DV cameras use digital tapes - much better quality, and more of a standard. There are also DVD-R cameras out there now that can record direct to 8cm DVDs.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Janus
    but someone with a mac will be able to do it with ease as pre-insatlled is iMovie which is ace for video editing
    Certainly is

I've been fiddling with iMovie for the last couple of days and it's bloody excellent

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronm
    Flash memory camera will be serverly limited
    That'll be why they are so cheap then Ill have to shell out on some proper equipment after christmas then

Rides
    for the software u can use ulead media studio, pinnacle studio or adobe premiere. they are around if u search the net.

i got a digital cam a few years ago and took a few fast driving shots, my mates thought i was sad tho boooooooo

anyway easiest editing look for ulead video studio it practically does everything for u from ripping from the cam, to cutting and fades and fx then the encode which is when u encode it to either avi like divx or mpg like vcd or dvd if ya have dvd burner!

Rides
    That'll be why they are so cheap then Ill have to shell out on some proper equipment after christmas then
    I got a very lightly used JVC MiniDV camera which retailed at something like £800 a couple of years ago for £150 on Ebay. You can even get basic new ones starting from around that price if you are lucky.

Rides
    the jvc's are the dogs. I wish id got one of them instead of a dodgy sharp viewcam DV.