Thread: Messenger auto-blocking files

Rides

Messenger auto-blocking files

Well this is pissing me off a lot. Messenger 7.5 is blocking access to files sent to me, specifically .mp3 and .wma (two files I've had test sent to me). The files send ok, but then you click the link to launch them and some pissy little ****tard box pops up marked Security Centre, saying the files have been blocked because they could be a SECURITY RISKKK!111!

So then I go into explorer and ... err where's the file?

I get another test file sent to me, this time a .WMA - I have my received files dir open, I see the file being created. When I click to launch it in the MSN window, up pops Mr Security blah blah, click Continue and .. yep it's deleting the ****ing file!

I can't find anywhere to turn this shit off. I'm sure 7.5 never used to piss about like this, but to delete the file which transferred really takes the piss.

Anyone know how to 'fix' this stupidity ?

Rides
    ahh

Ahh there we go,

This fixes it:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pol icies\Associations

String: LowRiskFileTypes
    Data: .exe;.bat;.com;.cmd;.reg;.vbs;.inf;.msi;.htm;.html ;.swf;.js;.mp3;.mp2;.ape;.apl;.flac;.shn;.mpc;.mp+ ;.wma;.ogg;.mp4;.aac;.voc;.mid;.mac;.cda;.kar;.mid i;.rar;.zip;.wav;.jpg;.gif;.png;.bmp;.jpeg;.doc;.x ls;.pls;.pub;.dat;.html;.htm;.avi;mpg;.mpeg;.nfo;. txt;.torrent;.diz;.ppt;.m3u;.sfv;.tar;.htt;.mht;.a sp;.aspx;.tiff;.rtf;.ini;.cab;.ico;.icl;.ip;.ipthe me;.msstyles;.theme;.dll;.psd;.vbs;.swf;.php;.xaml ;.iso;.bin;.cue;.xml;.par;.par2;.ace;.arj;.lzh;.7z ;.gz;.bz;.uue;.bz2;.jar;.z;.ade;.adn;.adp;.aia;.im g;.date;.aip;.ait;amf;.ani;.aob;.asf;.csv;.fla;.px r;.wmv;.nrg;.mov;.sav;.xhtml;.php5;.pxr;.m4a;.qxr; .h;.cpp;.pdd;.rle;.dib;.eps;.jpe;.pcx;.pdp;.raw;.p ct;.pict;.sct;.tga;.vda;.icd;.vst;.tif;.tpl;.log;. prx;.cdf;.nls;.ax;.msc;.cpl;.EXE;.BAT;.COM;.CMD;.R EG;.VBS;.INF;.MSI;.HTM;.HTML;.SWF;.JS;.MP3;.MP2;.A PE;.APL;.FLAC;.SHN;.MPC;.MP+;.WMA;.OGG;.MP4;.AAC;. VOC;.MID;.MAC;.CDA;.KAR;.MIDI;.RAR;.ZIP;.WAV;.JPG; .GIF;.PNG;.BMP;.JPEG;.DOC;.XLS;.PLS;.PUB;.DAT;.HTM L;.HTM;.AVI;MPG;.MPEG;.NFO;.TXT;.TORRENT;.DIZ;.PPT ;.M3U;.SFV;.TAR;.HTT;.MHT;.ASP;.ASPX;.TIFF;.RTF;.I NI;.CAB;.ICO;.ICL;.IP;.IPTHEME;.MSSTYLES;.THEME;.D LL;.PSD;.VBS;.SWF;.PHP;.XAML;.ISO;.BIN;.CUE;.XML;. PAR;.PAR2;.ACE;.ARJ;.LZH;.7Z;.GZ;.BZ;.UUE;.BZ2;.JA R;.Z;.ADE;.ADN;.ADP;.AIA;.IMG;.DATE;.AIP;.AIT;AMF; .ANI;.AOB;.ASF;.CSV;.FLA;.PXR;.WMV;.NRG;.MOV;.SAV; .XHTML;.PHP5;.PXR;.M4A;.QXR;.H;.CPP;.PDD;.RLE;.DIB ;.EPS;.JPE;.PCX;.PDP;.RAW;.PCT;.PICT;.SCT;.TGA;.VD A;.ICD;.VST;.TIF;.TPL;.LOG;.PRX;.CDF;.NLS;.AX;.MSC ;.CPL;

sorted