Thread: Quote please...

Rides

Quote please...

Hi APT

Im looking to get some work done and would like a quote to fit the following bits and pieces in the future.

I would also like an estimate of the time taken to do the whole shebang as well

All parts I have and would be supplied

1 x bren stainless manifold (incl new gasket set) to be heatwrapped too
    1 x Dano designs 3'' front pipe and decat
    1 x Bren 3'' double silencer single exit huge jap can exhaust

Set of uprated plugs (not decided brand/level of tune - advice please)
    1 x Walbro pump
    1 x Apex FMIC type 2
    1 x electronic boost controller

1 x Seibon bonnet (foil wrap underneath?)
    1 x set front and rear strut braces - after a full alignment of wheels (if you do this?) if not - then obviously can do this meself.

Possible adjust fuelling to take advantage of this - how - whats recommended here - Jex chip - if so can get injectors plus z32 AFM and filter? If not - can you dicker about with the stock ecu via a consult or something - I dont know what your facilities are - would you need apexi fuel comp or something?
    Quote please - and my eta would be May - is this ok with your schedule or whats your lead time?

Cheers me dears

Rides
    Hi......

The labour for the above would be around £700. Full manifold wrapping is very labour intensive, do you really think you want the whole thing done? We very often wrap a section of the manifold simply to protect the intake hose.

If you do want it done, then a roll of Manifold Wrap at approximately £50 would be needed. If not, let me know and I will revise the labour quote.

What Boost Controller is it? Not that this would make much difference to fitting cost. Regarding the Spark plugs, NGK Iridium's would most probably be our recommendation there.

We cannot carry out the alignment, but can forward you on to a place that can if required. It is fairly local to us and would work to our guidelines, but you would have to physically take it there yourself.

As always, we recommend the Apexi S-AFCII right up until around 350bhp, where a PFC would be our recommendation. We can supply/fit and Map this for around £450. (this isn't included in the above labour figure).

Sometime in May would be fine, we would ideally need the car for a few days. Perhaps Saturday to Saturday?

Rides

Hiya..

That sounds all very reasonable -

If the labour, fitting/mapping is including VAT then sounds ideal to me.

Dont believe the whole manifold would need doing then - your advice sounds good - with better vented bonnet might not be so needed also perhaps

Undecided on boost controller - probably keep the whole shebang Apexi I think. Will go NGk's if this is your preferred plug of choice for setting up fuelling etc.

Think I will be on course for May for this.

Cash may be tight for fuelling computer purchase and fit/map.

Would this mean the car is undriveable if all parts are fitted?

If so I would rather wait longer and get the shebang done properly the following month June. In which case more work can be done - larger AFM and filter, bigger plugs etc.

Whats your opinion please?

Many thanks

Rides
    Yes, the guide price I gave does include VAT.

Apexi AVC-R would be our choice of Boost Controller.

I wouldn't suggest fitting all these parts without provision in the spec for fuelling control/adjustment, so if that mean's waiting until June, that's where our advice would be.

Thanks.

Rides

Nice one

Thanks CnB - much appreciated for your help pointing out the bits and bobs needed for you to progress my build.

OK - will get in touch nearer to June then - will also indicate full list of parts to be fitted.

NB. Equipment to be fitted will be the following:

1 x Apex type II intercooler
    1 x Walbro fuel pump
    1 x set NGK's (grade tbc with yourselves)
    1 x metal head gasket plus stud set (thickness tbc with yourselves)
    1 x Apexi AVCR
    1 x Apexi SAFC
    1 x Manifold
    1 x Down pipe
    1 x De-cat
    1 x Rear exhaust system
    1 x Seibon bonnet plus bonnet pins

PS - car will be fully mot'd with Nissan stealer beforehand...

I am not looking for a specific power figure - just the max that you can get with the parts and the status of my engine and car - WHILST being reliable and not damaging to the engine etc.

This is a prelude to the next stage of 550 injectors, z32maf and filter and larger turbo kit and mapping at yours - I realise more work will need done at that stage... so will discuss this when I come in for my stage I in June.

Many thanks - see ya then