Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Driftworks Super low side mount seat subframes

Rides
    *edit* i guess the super duper new ones will allow me to slide the seat back n forth and the cheap ones are fixed?
    Last edited by Evo5man; 30-03-2006 at 01:06.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evo5man
    *edit* i guess the super duper new ones will allow me to slide the seat back n forth and the cheap ones are fixed?
    basically the new super low ones bolt into the car on the standard mountings, you then bolt a seat into them and it can slide backwards and forwards. Job done

If you go for the side mount brackets, you will have to work out a way of bolting them into the car so they are level (cos the floor of the car isn't) which usually involves a bit of bodgery Then once they are in, they're fixed.

Hope this helps,
    cheers,
    James
    James

The Driftworks Control System 2. In Stock Now!-------------------- What is Drifting?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    basically the new super low ones bolt into the car on the standard mountings, you then bolt a seat into them and it can slide backwards and forwards. Job done
    How much slide is available?

Just wondering if you could slide the seat forward enough to get in the back seats really?

Ive only had people in the back twice in the last year but you can gurantee the moment I get a pair of buckets I'd need to use the rear seats

Rides
    I think if you have 2 fixed back bucket seats in an S14a, you'll really struggle to get all but the most flexible people past them and into the back seat. Even if they go miles foward till they hit the dash, there won't be enough room to get people behind them, so you'd need to push one right the way forward and one right the way backward and see if people can squeeze through the gap inbetween. Not really practical at all...
    James

The Driftworks Control System 2. In Stock Now!-------------------- What is Drifting?

Rides
    Cheers for the info James

I thought it might be awkward and like I said its rare I use the back seats, just would have been handy if needed

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilMorrison
    We are on the case with the left hand side ones, it's a bit more difficult though so I can't give you a finish date just yet I'm afraid..

Phil
    How long do you think it will take?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilMorrison
    Click the picture for more info and ordering

Not working for me

Rides
    Probably all gone?

Rides
    Yep, sold out

Rides
    Hi guys, you are correct, our whole stock of these frames has gone, we have more arriving in 2-3 weeks, so you can pre-order if you like . Sorry the link didn't work, it was because I renamed it as we have left hand ones available for pre-order now too.. All fixed now ..

Left hand seat rails

Driftworks 200sx super low side mount seat subframe (Left side)
    £109.50

Cheers

Phil
    Last edited by PhilMorrison; 30-03-2006 at 16:19.

Rides
    Phil,

How about the dutch 200sx ? Does this fit also?
    When changing rails offcourse?

Rides
    Hi . It should fit all left hand drive Euro 200sx's.. If there is enough people interested on the dutch sxoc we can do a good deal

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by James

If you go for the side mount brackets, you will have to work out a way of bolting them into the car so they are level (cos the floor of the car isn't) which usually involves a bit of bodgery Then once they are in, they're fixed.

Hope this helps,
    cheers,
    James
    thanks for that. So will Corbeau Sprint seat fit these perfectly then?
    cheers. Will probably be ordering both seat and subframe soon.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JulesS14200
    How much slide is available?

Just wondering if you could slide the seat forward enough to get in the back seats really?

Ive only had people in the back twice in the last year but you can gurantee the moment I get a pair of buckets I'd need to use the rear seats
    Get a fixed bucket for the drivers seat, then a sports recliner for the passenger side. You then have nice comfy support in both seats whilst still having access to the rear seats . Passengers dont need as much support anyway cos they have grab handles .

Rides
    oh another question can i still use a normal seatbelt with that seat and frame? dont want to fit a harness.

Rides
    Hi Evo5man, the Sprint should fit fine, we used the Corbeau Pro series as a test model for this frame.
    The frame has a normal seatbelt buckle mount as part of the frame, but I'd advise using a harness when using a bucket seat personally, as a normal belt will have to go over the sides of the seat and won't hold your hips down..

Rides
    Hey phil, how do i go about reserving one of these mate? i just need a drivers side (RHD, UK) one...so these bolt into the original holes in the floor?

Rides
    Yup, they bolt into the original seat mountings, so no cutting or bodging. Just a simple bolt in replacement

we're expecting the next batch to be with us early next week, the best way to be absolutely sure of getting one is to place an order via the website, then we'll get one sent out as soon as they're here
    James

Rides
    excellent cheers James

Rides
    Just had word that customs and excise permitting, we should have the next load with us tomorrow
    James