Rides
    WOW!!! What a great project
    Bet your neighbors love you

Rides
    cheers cliff

awesome project it is

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffb75
    Base-1: No worries! You didn't come across bad, but just thought it was worth explaining my thinking. However, I am aware I don't know everything, so am always open to listening to other peoples opinions, and then making up my own mind. I agree with you on the 'right' way to do the seat mounts, but in the end I didn't have any T45, and I did have the angle. I will get bosses welded to the back though (not nuts), and then I may actually add some lightening slots in the top where the seat mounts cover it up. TBD
    Brillotastic

I'm more than happy to share how I did things (and then get flamed for it probably )
    So true - the joys of the internet lol

Rides
    absolutley bloody amazing lookin forward to seein this project finished .Just read the whole thread you sir are a welding and fabrication god

minordan
    I joined simply to say this.

You guys have been slating the Morris Minor OC on the basis of a single comment. The vast majority of the comments about the project were the same as here, highly supportive and looking forwards to seeing the end result.

The MMOC is not, as many imagine, full of flat cap wearing pipe smoking, 60-80 year old men. Just the same (I would imagine) that the SXOC is not full of chavs and boy racers as many would imagine. The concerns were not so much of ruining a savable car (you'd have to be nuts to do this to a concourse winner after all) but more about the safety implications and how handling etc would be affected by this.

Sorry, rant over.

I think its a marvelous project and I look forwards to hopefully taking a gander at some point. And I will follow the progress with interest

Minor_Detour
    Hi Guys,
    As yet another Minor owner, member of MMOC and fan of this project, I can only appologise on behalf of the negative comment.
    Any message board will get their share of flamers and grumpy old gets so best to avoid acting the same way ;-)
    I can understand why Chris didn't like the snotty comment (I can't blame him either!) but as nearly all the replies were positive, it's not fair to see it out of context.

Having rebuilt + driven a Minor across the Sahara in the last year I can certainly appreciate the work that has gone in on this one - this is gr8.
    My ladder chassis V8 Minor project is getting nowhere fast!

I can't wait to see this at an MMOC national rally - it will be in good company amongst carbon fibre spaceframe Minors, Ladder Chassis V8's, no end of 2.0L twincam Minors et al... The green rat-look V8 always draws a crowd and I was sad not to see it this year as it has been coming for ages.
    I guess most people wouldn't expect a Minor National rally at a race track where owners get the chance to do timed laps? Been there, done that (2004)

Part of the MMOC membership is of course old, wrinkly and very conservative (not neccessarily all 3), but the club has always tried hard to cater for all tastes.

Anyway - was mainly here following the thread for the update pics as the thread on MMOC site went cold. Can't wait to see more.

Ray.

Driftwood
    we are watching this from far away, we all love it.

howdy from texas, John

Rides
    Madminor is certainly doing the rounds now.

My cousin in Malta has heard about it too

Rides
    We heard about it too, in Estonia

Rides
    no updates on this yet ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by minordan
    Just the same (I would imagine) that the SXOC is not full of chavs and boy racers as many would imagine.
    there are more every day

Rides
    Just catching up with this, awsome project, just amazing

Rides
    Hmm, MadMinor has been heard about be people all over the world. No pressure then.....

I am amazed this has taken off like this. I really didn't expect it to be so popular. Thanks to those who have gone to the effort of registering just to make a post saying they are watching. Its appreciated

Sorry about lack of updates. I have a real job, unlike Petrol (sorry Pete, couldn't resist ) so don't get much done in the week, and have had problems with phone line at home so haven't been able to upload last weekends progress. Should be able to get some more pics up after this weekend though.

Rides
    Despite being a member here, i just found this thread, it was linked from an AMERICAN car (Mopar) forum ! Well impressed with your idea and determination to pull this off, and as far as 'i would have done it differently' goes, i guess I might have picked an early 70s Datsun bodyshell, to keep it all Nissan but.. Top work!

Rides
    ok ! so you now have half the world watching you build this.

No pressure then

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by minordan
    The MMOC is not, as many imagine, full of flat cap wearing pipe smoking, 60-80 year old men. Just the same (I would imagine) that the SXOC is not full of chavs and boy racers as many would imagine.
    Actually thanks to the 200sx model s14 - most people think of us a pipe and slipper 60 year old men.

Rides
    Phones up

Some pics from last weekend. Doesn't look like a lot of progress, but all the grinding and smoothing takes time, plus I'm not the worlds fastest worker as I tend to think about things a lot rather than just getting on with it.

Anyway, inside rough smoothed and first couple of coats of etch primer to protect the bare metal

and the seat mounts cleaned up ready for welding the bosses underneath and then welding into the car

And finally a few shots of the beginnings of the new boot floor.

Still not sure whether to keep the bracing or not - I'll see how it goes when I add the sides. Although the pics don't show it too clearly, the front of this is at the bottom of the diff level. It then curves up to the rear. If my calculation is correct, I should end up with around a 12 degree exit angle, which is reasonable for a diffuser, plus a nice smooth transition. The intention is to fit a full length flat undertray to help airflow under the car, and hopefully stop it from taking off I know I'll have to think about how to keep the diff and gearbox cool, but I'm sure the appropriate re-location of coolers and naca ducts can be used to overcome this.

Hopefully will look dead cool too - a minor with a diffuser

Rides

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffb75
    Sorry about lack of updates. I have a real job, unlike Petrol (sorry Pete, couldn't resist )
    Old and semi retirement has it's advantages S13's are driven by the pipe and slippers brigade you know

Looking good. I will be interested to see what you do with the boot floor and the full length flat undertray, as will most of the world Talk about pressure

Mailed you BTW
    Pete

SXOC Member Number : 317

Observer
    Registered just to say what an awesome project, shall definitely be keeping an eye on this one

Hence my user name as someone has the one i normally use

Obs