Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oil Filter Relocation/Cooler Kit

Rides
    Excellent, thanks for the heads up Ian. I will definately have one of the braided clutch lines. Phil, I presume your slave cylinder is a bigger version like the Nismo jobbie. Might be interested in one of those as well

Rides
    yeah it's the bigger capacity slave cylinder

I'll let you know about the braided line asap, I'm stuck doing bodywork all weekend as I bashed up the car pretty bad again last weekend

Rides
    oh dear

Can I phone you for the clutch hose trying to get the car sorted as quick as I can? I cant find the item on the website, or a phone number, although I can understand you not putting a number up.

Rides
    sure, our number's 0121 62 44 707 and we're here 9:00 - 5:30 Monday to Friday
    James

The Driftworks Control System 2. In Stock Now!-------------------- What is Drifting?

Rides
    How are things going with the clutch hoses?

Rides
    I'm on the case with the whole clutch thang this weekend, as I destroyed the clutch racing some Japanese people at the weekend .
    I'll let you know where were at with the line as soon as I can

Rides
    LOL

I will await monday

Rides
    I am seriously temptd by this kit (the quality looks superb[as much as you can tell by looks ]), but my car is mainly a road car with (hopefully this year) a fair bit of track time, so i do a fair few small journeys in which time the oil struggles to get up to heat as is and im a little concerned that it wont beable to with this cooler, Is there any chance you can supply this with thermostatic control??

And will the standard ca18det oilf filter fit it?

Thanks

Tom
    Last edited by TomK; 29-06-2006 at 21:04.

Rides
    Any luck, I will ring tommorow (not persistent at all lol)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by TomK
    I am seriously temptd by this kit (the quality looks superb[as much as you can tell by looks ]), but my car is mainly a road car with (hopefully this year) a fair bit of track time, so i do a fair few small journeys in which time the oil struggles to get up to heat as is and im a little concerned that it wont beable to with this cooler, Is there any chance you can supply this with thermostatic control??

I was thinking this the other day, as mine is purely a road car its gonna take even longer for the oil to get up to temprature

If that thermo thing can sort the problem that would be great as this kit looks so cool

Rides
    Does this kit come with fitting instructions?

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pdh14a
    Does this kit come with fitting instructions?
    Mine didn't, but it's fairly self explainatory looking at the pictures on Driftworks

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepower
    Mine didn't, but it's fairly self explainatory looking at the pictures on Driftworks
    ! Thanks Jay

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    We'll get some instructions drawn up for the next batch. As long as the pipe that goes from the remote filter to the block adaptor goes to the corresponding hole, the rest is pretty simple. By this I mean centre hole on the block adaptor to centre hole on the remote filter OR off centre hole in the block adaptor to off centre hole in the remote filter. This ensures the oil goes the right way through the 1 way valve in the oil filter.
    You have 1 long hose and 2 slightly shorter ones in the kit. It seems to work out best when you use the longer one for the block adaptor to oil cooler join.
    Any questions, just ask
    James

The Driftworks Control System 2. In Stock Now!-------------------- What is Drifting?

Rides
    Guess thats a no go on the thermostat then?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by TomK
    Guess thats a no go on the thermostat then?
    Inline thermostat is available, we have some custom hoses to suit them on the way to test the whole setup, it will work out at between £100-£150 extra with basic -10 hoses, and a bit more for the nice aeroquip hoses

Rides
    Ok well as soon as thats available can you give me a solid price for it with the nice aeroquip hoses please (the sooner the better )

EDIT: Just to clarify that will still have everything the original kit did (i.e. gauge take off points?) just with a thermostatic plate.

Thanks for your help

Tom
    Last edited by TomK; 03-07-2006 at 18:34.

Rides
    Here you go Tom all in stock and ready to go. please bear in mind that this is an addition to the oil filter relocation/cooler kit, so will require a little more fettling to fit as a whole. The result should be well worthwhile though, and I will be doing the same to our S14 as soon as possible

Inline thermostat for oil cooler (-10)

Rides
    Cheers phil, you're a legend

I'll be calling up in the very near future and ordering this.

Just one more quick question, i did ask earlier but cant see it answered, will my s13 ca18det oil filter still fit this?

Rides
    Hi, sorry Tom missed that one, no it won't I'm afraid, but you can use the S14 filter