Thread: S13 wiring diagrams

Rides

S13 wiring diagrams

One thing that I've always been grateful for is the S13 service manual PDF that I got from Jez Horsham's website.

There's always been one thing that's annoyed me about it though - the wiring diagrams at the end are all at weird angles, upside-down, not in sequence, and on seperate pages. It's easy to understand why, it's because they were originally fold-out sheets.

So, here I present the fruits of my labour.
    Two absolutely enormous PNGs which contain the ECCS wiring diagram, and the main car circuit diagram all stitched together. There are a few strips missing which I couldn't reconstruct, but hopefully they're not that important

This is definately not for people on 56k modems unless they feel like waiting, they are 2.9 MB and 7.1 MB respectively. Even if you are on broadband, please think twice before just clicking on the links in your web browser, your machine will use somewhere between 90 and 130 MB just to load the image let alone display it. Also, they're hosted on my private server, and whilst I don't have to pay for the bandwidth, please only download them if you think you need them and please try to keep the links to the images within members only unless they really need it.

The thumbnails link to the images for you to download and open in an image viewer/editor. Right click and select save as or save target as, or if you want to stress your browser, just click on it and spend the next hour scrolling across the zillion pixel wide image

ECCS (the ECU gubbins) 7037x3076 2.9MB

Main car (everything else) 9344x3137 7.1MB

Enjoy

Rides
    is there a reason for not convrerting it to jpeg ?? slightly smaller and opens with much less fuss ??

nice pic

Rides
    Yes

JPEG is meant for photographs, not images with lots of harsh straight lines that are 1 pixel wide and was originally scanned at 1 bit per pixel colour depth. The way JPEG works is designed with this in mind and is inherently lossy. Feel free to make your own version, but I just did an experiment with a JPEG conversion, and it ended up at 3.5 MB vs 2.9MB for the same image quality, then The GIMP got killed for taking up too much memory

It did give me an idea though, I've made some GIF versions which really are significantly smaller, though do look kind of crappy because of the conversion to 256 colours, but retain their sharpness.

ECCS (the ECU gubbins) 7037x3076 1.6MB

Main car (everything else) 9344x3137 2.0MB

Rides
    hmm thats odd i loaded it into ms paint saved as a jpeg looks exactly the same is smaller and loads in a fraction of the time the png one does ?? try it ! honest it does lol