Thread: For anyone interested in pirate software etc etc...

Rides

For anyone interested in pirate software etc etc...

Have a look on here

http://www.pir8forums.com/

There's a wealth of info on were to get chipped consoles, games, apps films.

Rides
    Hehehe, I copied my first DVD this morning.

Rides
    call me a boring to55er if you want, but I'm really thinking of the sxoc here... if we discuss pirate software etc won't the club get in trouble?

btw i don't give a to55 about pirating personally, and when they claim copying music is like stealing out of the shop it just doesn't make sense. Frankly I don't mind if someone copies my car if they want one too as long as they leave my version on my drive
    Last edited by shadowninja; 30-10-2002 at 11:42.

Rides
    Errrm, no, as we are only making copies for backup purposes only - in exactly the same way that we only exceed 70mph on private roads

Rides
    lol, yeah, just go steady guys Only make 1 back up copy please.

Rides
    Originally posted by shadowninja

btw i don't give a to55 about pirating personally, and when they claim copying music is like stealing out of the shop it just doesn't make sense.
    Sod the shop, what about the artists? How would you like it if someone was downloading your wages?

Cheers,
    Billy.
    (Not a Metallica fan, before you say it... just an ex-muso.)

Rides
    Sorry, my two cents:

I'd happily pay whatever the artists get paid for a CD sale these days (less than £1 per album ? I don't know). I just don't want to pay the middlemen when I'm happy to download...

Also obviously happy to pay sound engineers, recording costs etc...

Rides
    Originally posted by Billy

Sod the shop, what about the artists? How would you like it if someone was downloading your wages?

Cheers,
    Billy.
    they arent. they are making a copy of wages you're not losing any money at all. you're just not gaining. just like I dont win the lottery every week.

you have to remember that its not actually your version/money that they're taking. they are just making a copy of it. anyone can photograph my car if they want. they can even photograph the money in my bank account. they just cant have my version

anyway if i think an artist is worth it I buy their CD. if I don't i go without. *shrug*

as for games, i wait til they are going 2nd hand in EB/Game unless the game is exceptionally good/worth the 40quid (not usually)

Rides

they arent. they are making a copy of wages you're not losing any money at all. you're just not gaining. just like I dont win the lottery every week.

you have to remember that its not actually your version/money that they're taking. they are just making a copy of it. anyone can photograph my car if they want. they can even photograph the money in my bank account. they just cant have my version

So you've never heard of "Intellectual Property" then? Or "Copyright", or "Patents"?

How would you feel if you made your living by selling photos of your car? Would you still park it in full view?

I think not....

Rides
    Billy.
    What's wrong with Mettalica?

Rides
    Originally posted by Billy

So you've never heard of "Intellectual Property" then? Or "Copyright", or "Patents"?

How would you feel if you made your living by selling photos of your car? Would you still park it in full view?

I think not....
    well of course i've heard of them. should get a proper job eh

and its not likely to happen (selling photos of my car) *snigger*

anyway irrespective of it all, they should drop the price if they want people to buy things. easy. like that programme about fake fuel. drop the tax and it puts the dodgy people out of business.

Rides
    Originally posted by *****

What's wrong with Mettalica?

Mr Hetfield and Mr Ulrich get a tad upset at the thought of people downloading Metali tunes.

And I would not wish to upset Mr Hetfield, would you???

Rides

, they should drop the price if they want people to buy things.
    Indeed!!

£40 for a game is fuking ridiculous, specially if its cr@p.
    As far as downloading music goes, I've got loads of mp3's on my PC that I never would've bought anyway. If I download something that I really like I will then go out and spend some dosh not before.

I don't come to work every week and get paid up front, why should the music/software industry?

Rides
    Metallica are shyte IMO, and I find it ironic that possibly the richest band in the world should whinge about losing a few quid here and there. They are in it for the money.

Whilst on the other hand, most decent bands are more interested in getting their music listened to by many people and condone/promote the use of mp3's etc.

Personally if I hear of a band and think I might like them I usually download some tracks or the CD listen to it, if it's any good I buy it. If it's crap I never listen to it again. I have stacks of CDR's that I've never listened to more than once.

Copying of copyrighted material has always happened and always will, just the medium of it will change.

Rides

Talking PS2 games

I gotta be honest, if I'm paying £40-£45 for a game like GT3, GTA, FFX or MGS2 then I'm happy to pay it.

I've probably spend over 100hrs on GT3 and I STILL play it regularly(99.0 % complete). That's bloody good VFM I think.

I don't think I've ever bought a bad game (except possibly Timesplitters!) and I agree that if it's sh*te then it's not worth £40+, I'd probably take it back as 'faulty' I.E. it's sh*te and no good to me.

I can't be bothered with the aggro of getting y PS2 chipped and trying to find the games on the cheap. (I don't have a CDR drive)

That's my tuppence ha'penny, oh yeah I LIKE Metallica too

Rides

Re: PS2 games

Originally posted by *****
    I gotta be honest, if I'm paying £40-£45 for a game like GT3, GTA, FFX or MGS2 then I'm happy to pay it.

I've probably spend over 100hrs on GT3 and I STILL play it regularly(99.0 % complete). That's bloody good VFM I think.
    too right. I bought the ps2 purely cos GT3 came out. makes for a rather expensive game but still well worth it!

Rides

Re: Re: PS2 games

too right. I bought the ps2 purely cos GT3 came out.
    heheh, glad I wasn't the only one!

Rides
    Ill take whatever i can get to make stuff cheaper! DL'd music, software etc etc. We pay such a silly amount for everything else in this country i have to save money where i can!

Rob