Thread: Tyre & wheel advice

Rides

Tyre & wheel advice

Hi,

I'm thinking of a set of gunmetal Rota Boost 4 stud 114.3PCD 17" x 8 wheel with an ET35 offset for my S13.

What tyre sizes could I pick from?

What other wheels do you do that could fit?

Note it's a four stud S13 and I don't want to suffer tramlining, etc so does that mean keeping a sensible width at front?

Could I have wider at the rear as I'm running 300+ bhp and have suffered lack of grip all winter.

Advice appreciated. Thanks

Lightweight Alloy Wheels Rarerims.co.uk's Avatar
    Rides
    As well as the Boost's we also have the Torque's

If you where to go for the staggered tyres, with 8" all round then 215/40/17 245/35/17 ( this is wide as you can go on a 8")

As for tramlining this combination should drive very well and indeed what we use for our own S13

These should help with your traction issues

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarerims.co.uk View Post
    As well as the Boost's we also have the Torque's

If you where to go for the staggered tyres, with 8" all round then 215/40/17 245/35/17 ( this is wide as you can go on a 8")

As for tramlining this combination should drive very well and indeed what we use for our own S13

These should help with your traction issues
    thanks...

to be clear, you are saying I can put between 215's to 245's on 8" rims? That way I can run the narrower 215's on the front to help tramlining and wider 245's on the rear for grip? Will the 245's fit in the rear wheelarches with no mods? I'm about 1-2cm lowered all around

Oh, can you PM me prices for five (5) Boost Gunmetal rims inc P&P to Aberdeen (I am a SXOC member)

Cheers
    Last edited by Mike; 26-02-2007 at 15:01. Reason: colour of wheel

Lightweight Alloy Wheels Rarerims.co.uk's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    thanks...

to be clear, you are saying I can put between 215's to 245's on 8" rims? That way I can run the narrower 215's on the front to help tramlining and wider 245's on the rear for grip? Will the 245's fit in the rear wheelarches with no mods? I'm about 1-2cm lowered all around
    Thats correct

You have PM