Thread: Non turbo buying advice

Unleaded User
    Rides

Non turbo buying advice

Im just about to turn 24 and am looking into buying an S14/S14a but due to it being my 1st car am thinking about going for a non turbo to help out on insurance costs.
    Were non tubos sold in this country? When getting quotes i cant find non turbo options on the insurance websites, yet surely they were different groups?
    Also doe anybody think a 200sx is a bad choice as a first car and why?

Thanks guys - sorry to be a noob

Rides
    Any non turbo will be an import which will bump costs up again.
    You'll gain little or nothing insurance wise taking that route i'm afraid.

Unleaded User
    Rides
    damn.... thought that was a sensible plan
    oh well i guess il just have to go for a turbo!

Rides
    Do you mean this will be the first car you've personally owned, or the first car you've actually driven since passing your test?

If it's the former and you have a some driving experience under your belt, I wouldn't think the insurance would be all that bad anyway.

If its the latter then it may be slightly pricier, but as already mentioned a non turbo will be an import and probably cost more to insure anyway. For example, my 300zx was a non turbo import and actually cost more to insure than a TT uk car.

Also, why an s14/14a? s13's are just as capable IMHO and not bad looking either. IIRC there are a few younger members on here that drive s13's so I would imagine that the insurance is much more reasonable.

Whatever you decide, check out the for sale section, there's usually some well looked after examples af all the 'S' bodies in there.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Rides
    You may be pleasantly surprise diwtha turbo. My first year of insurance on a 14a was only 825 quid for a lightly modded one at 23 With 5 years no claims though.