Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: t28 bodgery lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Noz View Post
    IIRC, the highest power on stock bottom end was circa 400bhp. Think it lasted a month before bending a rod.
    think it was more like 3-4 months. LakeS13 was the guys username, ran in excess of 400 on totally stock bottom end. searched a few times but can't find fook all now

and now i search again it takes me 1 minute to find
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=54770
    Last edited by Sideways Danny; 25-08-2007 at 00:47.

Rides
    well im deffo not going for that much power, traction is a serious issue at 300bhp and i dont just want to be spinning everywhere with too much more power,

was going to get one of those rads, does he still sell them??

on the hunt still for a turbo lol, oh and if anyone has an egine spare close to plymouth im getting fed up of waiting for mine to turn up at the moment

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by m.d. View Post
    well im deffo not going for that much power, traction is a serious issue at 300bhp and i dont just want to be spinning everywhere with too much more power,

was going to get one of those rads, does he still sell them??

on the hunt still for a turbo lol, oh and if anyone has an egine spare close to plymouth im getting fed up of waiting for mine to turn up at the moment
    traction a serious issue???

not havng a go but how?!?! i had no traction issues in mine at over 300 running 225/16 f1's.
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    i have eagle f1s too, and it spins in 2nd easily.

edit, 235/40/18s

i used to get a lot of tramping when i was at stage 1, now with stage 3 i just light wheels up, ive had 3rd spin before too,

im hoping that with all the new bushes and an allighnment check i will sort it
    Last edited by m.d.; 25-08-2007 at 16:06.

Rides
    did the housing swap at the weekend to prove it to myself as I'd never done one before, the backing plate for the comp housing needs swaping over too, which involves removing the very large circlip. noot sure when of even if the turbo will get properly put together and used on anything, so dont hold your breath for benefit results from me

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    traction a serious issue???

not havng a go but how?!?! i had no traction issues in mine at over 300 running 225/16 f1's.
    I have traction issues on 245 Falkens in a straight line, in the dry, in third gear

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    I have traction issues on 245 Falkens in a straight line, in the dry, in third gear
    honestly that amazes me...........

as i say noz went out in mine and am sure will agree there was no traction issues and it pulled like a train.
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides

as i say noz went out in mine and am sure will agree there was no traction issues and it pulled like a train.
    Alignment is more important than some people realise. Had minor adjustments done to mine last week and it drives like a totally different car.

Lowering the car puts negative camber on it and reduces the surface area resulting in loss of traction. Adjustable arms are a life saver. Well worth the money since the standard adjustment is pretty much useless.

Rides
    i have all adjustable arms and poly bushes now so when it gets allighned ill see how it perfoms,

still having a nightmare getting hold of a good bottom end thats close to me at the moment, aaaaaaaahhhh

Rides
    i dont have any adjustable arms at the rear but it isnt that low....only on apex springs and kyb shocks....resulting ion not that much neg. camber

Rides
    you will prob find that having softer suspension than me helps you more than anything,

im going to take a standard set of rear shocks and slightly lower springs to a drag day with my next month to see what difference it makes to launches,

well i have found an engine block to build now, next i just need to get either a pulsar turbo or the gt28r that i have been asking about in the other thread

Rides
    ai the softer springs could be a factor.....we'll find out soon

Rides

If you felt the accelleraton I don't think it would surprise you

On standard suspension too, so no silly camber resulting in a reduced contact patch, also nice and soft damping and longer suspension travel which should give better grip.
    Last edited by Chris B; 30-08-2007 at 12:17.

Rides
    i appreciate the acceleration is quick and i dont wanna get into a mines bigger than yours argument but as i think my rr results proved....mine wasnt axactly lacking in the ability to accelerate quickly

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Noz View Post
    Pulsar T28h has a 60 trim comp wheel in a .42 A/R T3 compressor housing, 79 trim turbine wheel in a .86 A/R turbine housing.

Standard S14 T28 has a 60 trim comp wheel in a .60 A/R T04B compressor housing, 62 trim turbine wheel in a .64 A/R turbine housing.

So, same comp wheel, different comp housings, totally different rear end.

Smaller comp, large turbine for top-end power (but laggy). Large comp, small(er) turbine for response (but run out of steam).

Fitting a T28 .60 T04B comp to a pulsar CHRA & turbine housing would make a FCUKING SHIT HOT cheap-ass turbo IMO.
    FYI I fitted a pulsar t28 to my car over the weekend and the compressor housing is identical to the s14 t28. They are both .60 A/R housings

Rides
    Just in case anyone is interested...

Here is the map of my Pulsar T28 powered SR20 with a .60 A/R compressor housing.

Fitted Nistune engine management.

The actuator was rubbish and kept dropping boost to 1 bar.

Steve reckons with an Electronic Boost Controller it should make another 15-20 bhp.