Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Group buy suggestions? What do YOU want??

Rides
    Apexi PFC's?

Rides
    subframe bushes?

Rides
    seats / alignment kits and strut braces

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Math View Post
    agreed, but bushed not rose joint please
    Out of interest guys, why do you want bushed suspension arms??? We've had a couple of enquiries about them from SXOC members lately and it thoroughly confuses me. All our arms are 3 peice teflon lined bearings with rubber boots to keep any crap out, so they're self lubricating, don't need any maintenance, and do a much better job than a bush.

FYI we've never had one single failure of any of our suspension arms, and we've sold literally thousands. ALL to the UK and Europe, so they've pretty much all experienced road salt, dirt, grime, etc. It's not a matter of rosejoint VS bush, it's a matter of QUALITY. How many other manufacturers can say they've never had a failure??

If it's because of refinement, I challenge someone to compare a bushed arm and rosejointed arm and tell me they can tell the difference. With the bushes in the hub, subframe bushes, interior soundproofing, heatproofing and carpet, I 100% guarantee you won't notice the refinement difference.

Aside from that, keep the suggestions coming, we're taking them on board and will do something soon.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by stueywalls1 View Post
    seat, subframe and harness would be perfect
    Yep, yep, yep

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon Bon View Post
    Out of interest guys, why do you want bushed suspension arms??? We've had a couple of enquiries about them from SXOC members lately and it thoroughly confuses me. All our arms are 3 peice teflon lined bearings with rubber boots to keep any crap out, so they're self lubricating, don't need any maintenance, and do a much better job than a bush.

FYI we've never had one single failure of any of our suspension arms, and we've sold literally thousands. ALL to the UK and Europe, so they've pretty much all experienced road salt, dirt, grime, etc. It's not a matter of rosejoint VS bush, it's a matter of QUALITY. How many other manufacturers can say they've never had a failure??

If it's because of refinement, I challenge someone to compare a bushed arm and rosejointed arm and tell me they can tell the difference. With the bushes in the hub, subframe bushes, interior soundproofing, heatproofing and carpet, I 100% guarantee you won't notice the refinement difference.

Aside from that, keep the suggestions coming, we're taking them on board and will do something soon.

thanks for the info, my general opinion of the rose joint is that its nosier joint and that some in general just dont last tbh and at the price adjustable suspension parts are cant justify having to replace every year or two.

but if your assuring quality i can argue with that would like to see camber arm GB and poly bushes

Rides
    id go with seats/frames. or no jus seats an frames

Rides
    fmic, i knew there was sumthing else

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon Bon View Post

i dunno about anyone else but my cars my daily driver and sees a bit of fast road action occasionally, with the state of the british roads i assumed bushed arms were more reliable and thought the rosejointed arms may have a good record on track but not necissarily as reliable on road, however this was just my assumption as iv got no experience of dw arms.

Rides
    I think Seats and frames and also some Nice Cheap Rotas would be good
    But give it a few months (when i get some money)

Rides
    I can assure you our arms have seen some very hard road and track miles on our own cars and customers cars.

Bushed arms are a much cheaper, vastly inferior product to a good quality rosejoint arm. Think about how much a good quality bearing properly manufactured to sufficient standards to support a car going sideways at over 100mph costs compared to a peice of rubber! To me there's just no point in buying a cheap, poor quality adjustable arm with a peice of rubber in, when you could have something that will actually last and be a significant upgrade. The reason rosejointed arms have managed to get a bad name is a lot of manufacturers don't spec their arms with bearings designed for automotive use, it's very easy to cut costs by speccing cheaper bearings, but it's just not worth it.

Put the simplest way, if bushed arms were so great, we'd just sell them and cash in. But for our long term business we only sell products that are of a high enough standard to carry our name, I know that if I sell you one of our suspension arms then a couple of years down the line your car will still be going strong. Over the last few years we've worked hard to develop our products and business to a stage where we can honestly say that we feel they're the best available on the market.

Rides
    not slating your products at all and it sounds like you have some tops peices there

would you only recommend a rose jointed arm for drifting/track use then and bush for road and occasional track or just rose FTW?

Rides
    No I understand, it's just it's easy for there to be confusion, I get the impression from various phone enquiries and this thread that the bush vs bearing argument has got a lot of people rather confused.

On a 200SX a good quality bearing/rosejoint arm is better than a bush in all circumstances. Honestly, from years of 200SX/Skyline tuning & motorsport use it's our opinion that bush arms are just a very budget way of getting adjustability. The bushes that are retained in the hub end will always leave you with enough tolerance to maintain refinement.

As a practical example.. My fully track prepared Chaser has a fully rosejointed front & back end, even on the hubs as they're a proper balljoint as standard rather than bushes, and I still drove it to every event we attended and back, including Scotland and back, in comfort! Albeit with my extra silencers fitted to the exhaust...!!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    solid gearbox mounts
    +1

Rides
    Whats 'road and occasional track use' are you telling me driving home from work (math) you don't kick the arse out and pass scobbys!

That reminds me i should check my tyres!

Im up for rose-jointed Arms.

Rides
    I would go for rose jointed arms

Rides
    Cheaper tea and burgers at events?....or im always after 56mm rads and oil coolers as seam to wreck them......peace my brothers from another mother!

Rides
    Suspension arms What with them being the shiznit and all, spread the word.

Rides
    Pots of Driftwork's "special" paint.

Oil Filter / Cooler Relocation GB would be good.

Rides
    dw suspension arms all of them...
    dw coilovers

Oil Filter / Cooler Relocation
    sparco monza
    dw seats

get a finance option guys...