Thread: wheel offset

Rides

wheel offset

am i rght in thnking that if i have a et 30 alloy and put a 5mm spacer on that ths wll make it an et35?

Rides
    No, ET25

Rides
    Whats the ideal offset for a s14a?

Rides
    as low as possible and then bash the arches to fit

Rides
    hmm well my work vs xx are et29 and they just hit the calipers any idea what size spacer i will need? on a r33 gts-t they needed 25mm so the same?? there 19x8.5

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by 96dennis96 View Post
    as low as possible and then bash the arches to fit
    well said

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymbob View Post
    hmm well my work vs xx are et29 and they just hit the calipers any idea what size spacer i will need? on a r33 gts-t they needed 25mm so the same?? there 19x8.5
    well if they only just hit the calipers get a slip on spacer! Or, be a man, get some 25mm spacers and make them fit

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JulesS14200 View Post
    well if they only just hit the calipers get a slip on spacer! Or, be a man, get some 25mm spacers and make them fit
    lol if i put 25mm on the front would i have to on the back too?? because they only just fit atm without any on the back

Rides
    sorry for sorta stealin the thread lol but any ideas?

Rides
    ?

Rides
    If they just hit the caliper then a 5mm spacer should sort the clearance issue out and that's the biggest you can really go without longer studs

Rides
    okay thanks wookie but i have a strange feeling im goin to need a big spacer.. as i couldnt even really get the wheel on without it hitting................... like i say needed a 25mm on a gts-t r33? reckon id just need the same.. (suppose dont know unless i try them all) just im trying to buy hubcentric ones.. no matter if there bolt on or slip on..

Rides
    Well not being able to get the wheel on is not "just hitting the caliper" 25mm spaces will be bolt on items and not slip on

I'd go for the "blue" driftworks jobbies as it gives you a load of different combinations so that you can find the best to suit your needs Sounds like your problem is the spoke design of the wheels rather than offset

Rides
    hmmm they arnt hubcentric are they? just doesnt seem to me to be a good idea to just be able to keep putting discs on.. or maybe there safe as fk and im just chattin a load of waddle lol

Rides
    The first 15mm of them are hub-centric and the additional slip on sections do not have elongated holes like the majority of cheapy cheap cheap slip on spacers, so I can't see there being a real problem with vibration

But if you think you need 25mm jobbies then go for it and hope the wheels don't catch

I would try and work out exactly you need otherwise it's like pissing into a gale force wind

Rides
    okay hmm

Rides
    I spoke to driftworks today and i was under the impressed (as i asked them) that even the 15mm ones arent hubcentric at all. I asked them that if i were to get a set of these spacers for the front of my s14a, would i notice any rattle or vibrations coming from the front. They recommended that i use them for the backs. They said you can use them for the fronts but some people have complained but dw said it's usually down to that persons setup.

If you give dw a call tell them what wheels you have and if u have any overfenders they will tell you what spacers u need. Buying 25mm bolt on's now from them.