Page 78 of 84 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1678

Thread: 'Ellie'/Project Panda - My FD

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    All fair points, but there's a tiny human arriving at our house in March, and he's going to get everything he possibly needs in life - Those relatively small running costs could buy an awful lot of very useful stuff for him, and mean my other half won't have to go back to work as soon
    Congrats dude

Every new father needs an escape from it all - and you have it in the garage And he/she will think you are the coolest dad ever when you take him/her to playgroup/school in it

PS. Bonus points if you can get a rotary related name for him/her too

Rides
    Congrats on the forthcoming money pit, shame about the car but these things take priority... you've certainly got your head screwed on.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
    Congrats on the forthcoming money pit,
    Lol and how true that statement is.
    Congrats si. .

Rides
    Speaking from personal experience (not kids; RX7's ), my FD has sat where it is now pretty much since Dec 2010 I think it was road legal for 1 week I was back in the UK for later that year, so it got a couple of hundred miles on it. That was it. I've not had any insurance on it and its all been fine. You know how to look after it, so you dont need me telling you. But with all you have coming your way, you wont even notice the time fly by

Congrats to you and Nat once again, and I look forward to meeting Si Jnr in May

Rides
    Congrats on the incoming baby. Kids are great......most of the time.

Rides
    Cheers y'all I'm proper chuffed - does mean my google targeted ads have now changed from car parts and tools to pushchairs and Mothercare My life has changed... After discussions, naming Rex, ****el or Felix isn't appropriate, apparently :/

Nothing car wise to report, except for how chuffed I am that a rather splendid gent presented me with these, custom made by one of the UK's premium car manufacturers to match my interior, from big scottish bovine My other half loves how they smell like posh handbags, apparently.

Pimp.

Rides
    From the guy on ebay?

I thought about buying one for the 205, but didn't know what the quality was like.

Rides
    Nah, not him, will chat to you about it at the pub

Rides
    Unless things have changed in the past few years you should be able to get Fire & Theft Only cover for ~£100.

Rides
    yeah, competition car insurance do laid up insurance that is about that price.

Rides
    Well, failed at not spending money. Ah well.

NRG short hub so I can fit the wheel with a QR without having to steer with my teeth.

Unfortunately, it seems it requires quite a lot of butchering, a hairclip, and a safety pin to make it fit - nothing like the lovely straight fit hub that was on there. Grrr.

Also, next part of cluster. Take hard to get hold of matching gauge.

Swallow brave pills, apply screwdriver.

Erk. Now I've found it's possible, I'm going to have to do the same to the boost gauge to tidy up the cluster. Eck.

Also, I had a nerdgasm when I found these on DanDan's car.

How neat is that?!

Rides
    Congrats on the upcoming arrival

I'll look after Ellie until 2014

Rides
    Cheers man

Thanks for your kind offer, but I'm going to have to direspectfully decline

Urgh, I hate this bit. Stripped down current setup

Brutalised the boost as, as you can see from the above photo, I'd previously fitted it with the bezel still on.

Wow, I have teh shakes.

Looks like I'm going to need to do some more trimming - the low coolant light is going to need some creative thinking too, as that was previously part of the OEM coolant gauge, and I want to retain that warning. Going to have to figure out how to tap into the feed for it on the flexible circuit bits behind.

Also trying to work out how to DIY a Defi warning light, if anyone has some sort of wiring diagram? Surely it must just be a simple LED affair?

Rides
    with the low coolant bulb is there not a holder in the flexible circuit board? if so, I'd do solder wires to the bulb holder rather than mangle the flexible circuit board.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Hmm, I did wonder if I could get away with that - yeah, they are the little twist in doobries - will investigate, ta!

Rides
    Oh very fancy, admire your handy work and attention to detail. Good to see instead of zip-ties and the like.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Hmm, I did wonder if I could get away with that - yeah, they are the little twist in doobries - will investigate, ta!
    I'd do it that way then fill with epoxy or hot glue (if you want something removable) to insulate either side.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Well, cluster kinda done.
    I'm not 100% happy with the rest of it as the faces sit a little firther forward than I'd like and the finish isn't great, but I don't think I can do much better.
    Better than trying to make the simple clean interior look like a flight control deck in my eyes.

I need to figure out what to do with the low coolant warning light though (as it's integrated into the OEM gauge that I've removed) - I don't want to lose it, so I may try and graft it in to just light up one of the redundant lights in the cluster - airbag/ABS/cruise/all three. I'll use Alan's cunning idea and graft from the original holder, as I don't fancy cutting into the tracks on the flexible board thing.

Also, boring old cylindrical gearknob becomes lovely smelling padded cow handle, courtesy of DanDan and the trimmers at Aston.

Oh, and also, **** you, Android camera integrated Google Goggles

Last edited by Si; 11-03-2013 at 11:31.

Rides
    Clocks look fantastic, can't wait to see them back in the car

Rides
    Clocks look fantastic, can't wait to see them back in the car