Thread: My S14a Revival :)

Rides

My S14a Revival :)

Just thought i would include some details of my black s14a revival after it sitting in my drive for a couple of years looking miserable...

All thanks to DI Racing in Cambridge, Damian is doing some sterling work in getting it all sorted for me, and excellent advice to progress it to where i want.. Cannot recommend highly enough...

Test fit of skirts now all welding been done and underside fully cleaned and sorted

Last edited by DarkHorse; 04-08-2011 at 22:24. Reason: spelling

Rides
    I originally bought it around 5 years ago now, and unfortunately was not a member on here at the time, so had no idea what i was buying..

Within the first month, the engine blew (literally) out the side.. So after a few months of negotiations, and help on here for what i was doing, I sourced a new engine with the help of APT in Norwich.

Originally....

I then got an Apexi FMIC, Exedy Clutch, lightened flywheel, cold plugs, Walbro, and APT fitted everthing to get it back on the road..

I was then pondering what to do next, and looked for inspiration on here, and so de-spoilered the boot, sourced some Advans (i know, love or hate) Apexi lowering springs, clear indicators, and started fitting electronics, HKS turbo Timer, HKS Boost controller, AVR, and gauges.. I also wanted it less recognisable, so changer the rear lights and badging...

I was then using it as my daily driver, so i had to remove the straight thru exhaust, and got a mongoose to quieten it down.. After a few months it started to blow smoke, but I had a company car by then, so decided to play it safe, and take it off the road until i could get it fixed (after previous engine issues!)

Unfortunately I have not really had any funds since, but decided to bite the bullet and get it in to get some tlc...

I realise the newest pics are at the top and a bit ass about face.. But now currently got the new rims on (ultralites from P555ben ) and all the welding work has been done underneath, cleaned and treated, rear spats and skirts getting ready to go on, and next will be proper coilovers, check the smoking issue, then get the Nistune done.. So thats it so far... Thanks for reading, will update once more is done..

Rides
    I left my black s14 outside for a little over a year. It rusted, badly! Took ages to get it all welded and rust protected. Good to see another one being done up.

I like the Advans, but in needs lowering, and whats all the stuff on the dash?

Rides
    Yeah my front wing has suffered quite badly, as has underneath, but now all getting sorted.. I have now removed the advans, so looking at either keeping them for drift wheels or selling them.. think the ultralites make it look much more purposeful, and better fitment.

lol, there are just boost / oil / tacho on the dash (tacho in car has dodgy solder) but I always have a road angel to watch speed (under the mirror) and it has radar / laser sensor on it.. Gauges were a temporary fix, but will probably go in a pillar pod soon..

Rides
    Just some additional shots of the underneath after a bucket load (literally) of rust removed and now treated..

Now looking for coilovers and potential replacement turbo, then Nistune....

Rides
    Just a brief update, skirts now fitted, and ready for paint, Damian from DI Racing working hard to get it all sorted... Now looking at coilovers and replacement turbo

Rides
    Now skirts are sprayed and fitted, underneath all sorted, and booked in for Nistune

Its even had a polish after 3 years! New wings and clear front indicators on the way...

Rides
    and we all know what happens when you go round a corner in an 200,,best of luck with that dude,,one other thing.COILOVERS...;-)

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Nice that, I like the wheels too.

Not sure about the hairy bloke working on it or the shonky looking white S13 next to it though ........
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go