Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Road & Track RB S13 Project

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
    you need a hand? im off during the day and would love to help? :wink:
    Just don't expect him to fetch you fish and chips , or turn up if he doesn't fix the water leak on the oil heat exchanger

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by fry View Post
    Just don't expect him to fetch you fish and chips , or turn up if he doesn't fix the water leak on the oil heat exchanger
    right thats it...... monday night im bring you fish and chips as im sick of you cryin about lol
    Last edited by Ricey; 08-08-2009 at 12:00.

Rides
    Ha ha,

Cheers for the offer, I was out at 7 in the morning yesterday and finally got finished at 9. Firstly I apologies for not getting any pictures, it was a long day and I was so greased up I would have almost certainly ruined the camera.

I couldn't remove the front sub frames as I had previously welded these on at the anti roll bar mounts, when I made them spacers, was a seriously tight fit with these in place.

So yesterday was spent, removing the head, all timing gear etc, polishing up and replacing the gasket, rebuild the head, new timing belt then onto be-building everything back up.

Pas pump, suspension, rack, alternator, water pipes, wiring, afm, new turbo setup, larger injectors, exhaust, anti roll bar, oil cooler etc etc etc.... I wont bore you any further.

Eventually everything was back up, and I am very pleased to say it started first time! This wasn’t without problem tho as I put the heater matrix hoses on the wrong way, doh. All the water just backed up and didn’t circulate around the block, causing it to heat up rather quickly, not good with a new gasket. Thankfully I noticed my mistake and changed them around. Now the heater matrix doesn’t work!

On the drive home from SkylinePart the temperature sat at a constant 81 degrees so I’m happy with that. Turbo spool seems crazy however it needs a map first before I do anything other than cruise along. Can’t wait!

Massive thanks to Scotty once again for letting me use his lift and for supplying some parts! Top bloke! Gud luck with the JDM all stars, bdc and Pro Drift. The Rocket Bunny is unreal!

Now for mapping!
    Ian
    Last edited by Ian200sx; 08-08-2009 at 10:45.

Rides
    cant wait to go out in this ian

Rides
    The time will come mate, going to hopefully hit a few more shows and tracks when its mapped on saturday! Hopefully all will go to plan, bit nervous now!

Rides
    Well couldn't adjust the clutch to save my life, had it off 4 times, shortened and lenghtened the threded bar into the master cylinder and it made no difference at all, still right at the top, works tho sooo meh.

Wish me luck for tommorow

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian200sx View Post
    Well couldn't adjust the clutch to save my life, had it off 4 times, shortened and lenghtened the threded bar into the master cylinder and it made no difference at all, still right at the top, works tho sooo meh.

Wish me luck for tommorow
    were you going ? for mappin? fancy some company ? Iwanna see pd and have a word!

can you change my sig for me?

oh and GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited by Ricey; 15-08-2009 at 08:43.

Rides
    Well bad news already, Dave from pd rang me last night to say that he had a stupid amg merc on his rollers, and the dyno has spat a bearing. He is trying to fix it today and get me in on Sunday!

Got a couple people comming down with me to keep me company already I think, pd-tuning is just thro the tunnel, not far from you I dont think. Could come thro and have a butchers I suppose.

Oh and yeah can change ur sig, just let me know what u want done. nIm a bit of a photoshop pro.

Ian

Rides
    Well the guy who was going to map it has 'it would seem' gone AWOL!
    Stuck now and slightly pissed off.

Had a go at maping it a little myself, got the air flow meter and injections correct but nothing else will be, it at least dives now without missfiring all the time.

Desperate, dont really want to travel down to London, and dont want to pay £600, why is the North East utterly poo for tuning and motorsport!

Rides
    it isnt.....The Racing Line in halifax are good blokes

its a lot closer than london lol carl_s13 has his rb25'd s13 there being mapped as we speak. weve also had several RR days there if you wanna ask in the NE section for other peoples opinions of them
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    Hi All,

Managed to get it mapped for the time being at Motorscope northalerton, its running alright but still going to get it done somewhere else just to make sure.

Here is one of the graphs I took on the day, havn't scanned the paper copys in yet. The actuator needs bracing as it is flexing, then going to try for 17psi plus.

Its running at about 10.7 AFR at 15-16psi.
    Max torque at 331.9 lbft at 4.683 rpm
    Max Power (Flywheel) at 374.4bhp @ 6.361 rpm

To help with some of the overheating problems I lifted the bonnet up with some spacers, abot 10mm - probably makes no difference but I was bored on the day and it gives the engine a bit more clearance. Was fouling on the BOV previously.

Was at creamfields festeval the other week and paid £12 for secure parking with make believe CCTV, after the event I went back to the car and found this. Someone had tried to break in via the roof lining, daft fookers, waste of time and spoilt the car! I recon it was the staff.

The car has developed a strange idle now. See the vid below, its stupidly annoying, especially when parking up at night, neighbours think im a right tw@.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6PkZEnrdHs

Ian

Rides
    that break in cack sucks - someone in the NW had something similar, fact that they're cheeky enough to try and then to do it badly... idiots

with the idle - vacuum leak i'd say.

check all the little vac pipes to make sure there's no splits/hoses come off.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    the car is looking good mate.
    too bad about that misfortune at the event... I simply can't understand why someone would do that type of things...

anyway, can you post a closer pic of the bonnet lift spacers fitted? a friend of mine wants to make something like that on his car. is it just put some washers between the hood and the hood bracket, on the lower bolt (when the hood is up) ?

Rides
    id say that idle is due to it being too rich on the map down there, mine is doing the same at the moment since ive raised the fuel pressure.

get the laptop out and lean off the idle areas a little and see how that helps,

Rides
    I simply used two 5mm spacers at each bolt hole, longer bolts needed obviously. Take the bonnet off, place the washers down and put the bonnet back on. Really simple, will get u a pic when I get a chance.

Cheers M.D> pretty sure thats what it is, smells rich too. Unfortunately I dont have the gear or knowledge to lean it out, got a fc commander on it but not exactly sure what I am doing. Needs done properly, have no faith in the guy who did it.

Cheers Mate
    Ian

Rides
    Just a little update,

Well its still going, completely ruined all 4 tyres so looking for some new ones at the moment. Need more drift days up North, its good fun aint it!

Not happy with the bump steer the car has, going to try and sort that next, weight of the RB up front and i'm not sure if the springs are right for the job either. Going to do tyres, some sort of mod on the rack and get it aligned properly.

Ian

Rides
    Drift days are the bollocks

Iam in the process of sorting bumpsteer, think I have it sussed now.

What front springs are you running? Iam running 10kg springs and its pretty good

Rides
    Oooooo, do spread the knowledge? lol, I'm not sure what springs they are, just the Apex fast road coilover ones. Bought them 2nd hand. I'm sure the majority of my bump steer problems have been made worse by a tight fitting arb, I spaced it down to clear the sump. What problems did you have? Cheers, Ian

Rides
    Bit of bad news people, Engine has gone! Poor mapping finally raised its head! Should have listened to you lot earlier and got it done properly.

Hit 80 knock on the power fc and got sever detonation, also hit 112degrees temperature on a top speed run the other day, good news is that I made 170mph before hand @ 6852rpm in fifth!

Here is the pictures of the damage so far. Car lost all power and threw clouds of smoke everywhere, burnt all 5litres of oil!.

Spark Plug One

Spark Plug Two

Spark Plug Three

Spark Plug Four

Spark Plug Five

Spark Plug Six

Cylinder 3

Cylinder 2!!

Going to take the engine out (Again) and see if I have holed any pistons, 1.5cm of plug missing so that must have went somewhere. Cylinder 2 with the oil in, plug seems ok there, valve steam oil seals? What do you think the damage is?

Winter project....
    Ian

Rides
    Mate you should do a compression test before you strip it down. You may have got a away with melted plugs.

Not good news though.

Oh and 170 is badass welldone. Are you using s13 or skyline diff?