Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: S14/S14a stage 1a ECU upgrade is finished

Rides
    Thanks for sorting my car out. Its completely transformed!!!
    So much more low down power and pulls like a train. Fuel economy is fantastic compared to before.

Just want to test it out on the track now!

thanks again!!!

Rides
    What happens if the chip is fitted before the other mods?

Rides
    Depends which mods - what were you planning on doing?

Rides
    Stage 1a chip with all the needed parts. I have them all hear but no time to fit at the moment. Was going to be passing by a few times before/after Christmas and thought I could use the opportunity to purchase and have the chip installed. Failing that, post the ecu. But I only have the fuel pump, air filter and free flow exhaust fitted. I know I won't have a chance to fit the Fmic or a ebc/mbc anytime before march.

Rides
    I'm replying late to this thread. But went on the first long run with the Stage 1a chip fitted and over 300miles I got 33mpg! never seen that figure before! And the low end torque is unreal.

Just a question Jez, I am running an AVCR. Should I set it to run 1.2 bar and then drop to 1bar at 6500 rpm? What would you recommend?
    I see on the original setup graph that the boost starts trailing off to 1bar from about 4500rpm. Should I set the AVCR to drop to 1bar then?

Thanks and great chip! :-)

Rides
    Just a running report really. Two and a half years on, my car is still running the 1a map and hasn't been a spot of bother.

Engine hasn't been touched for anything except servicing and still pulls strongly.

Rides
    My update on the Stage 1a chip. I just had the AVCR setup properly on the rollers with a new actuator and she is making 310.6 bhp and 303 ft-lbs of torque! Fueling, etc. is totally safe.
    I was hoping for 270/280 horses so am totally surprised to break the 300bhp barrier! Great chip!