Thread: best film ever!!!!!!!!

Rides
    Originally posted by Blue
    Blazing Saddles

I downloaded this just last night

Rides

Re: Re: Re: Re: best film ever!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Jeedai Hunter
    Does anyone else find that when they compare american to UK dvds, theirs have more extras and they cost less as well including P&P! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Both xXx and The Road To Perdition (last 2 dvds I bought online) have more on the region 2 release than on R1.

Best 2 films would prolly be Demolition Man and um.... Mad Max 2. The Fifth Element, Total Recall, From Dusk Till Dawn, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Saving Private Ryan and Aliens are all excellent too.

I got The Sum Of All Fears recently too, which was not exactly amazing. Can't even remember what it was about...
    Last edited by voodoo_melon; 19-04-2003 at 19:11.

Rides
    Has anyone seen the french film Taxi by Luc Besson about a white Pug 406 taxi driver.

This has got to be one of the best and funniest non-english films I have ever seen.

A few quick mods and a standard 406 saloon turn in to a street racer with an engine to back it up! If you haven't seen it, you can probably rent it from Blockbusters or buy it for about 5 - 6 quid. A must for car film fanatics!

For those of you who have downloaded the Re***TA3 patch for GTA3, the Pug looks like the replacement taxi in the game.

Rides
    I've got taxi on DVD, its like £5 from Play. Heat is another excellent film, and no-ones mentioned The Great Escape yet! Classic film.

Rides

Re: Re: Re: Re: best film ever!!!!!!!!

I've seen all of them except Clerks - I'll be buying the american special edition dvds when I have a bit of money as they have loads more extras than their british counterparts.
    Clerks is ok but i never felt the need to buy it. There are loads of references to it in the other films (the quick stop for example) and its basically autobiographical. Dont know about he extras on the american DVD's but i have an american Chasing Amy DVD and the quality is awful - sound and picture. it looks like its been recorded from VHS!

Rides

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: best film ever!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Ashworth
    Clerks is ok but i never felt the need to buy it. There are loads of references to it in the other films (the quick stop for example) and its basically autobiographical. Dont know about he extras on the american DVD's but i have an american Chasing Amy DVD and the quality is awful - sound and picture. it looks like its been recorded from VHS!
    My mate has the american version of Dogma and that is on 2 desks ( 1 for the film and 1 for the extras) whereas I have the british version (just 1 disk for the film with no extras)

Rides
    Godfather, and gotta agree with david_t on the good the bad and the ugly.

Loved withnail and I and dogma.

What about best car movies, like american graffiti, two lane blacktop or the original versions of gone in sixty seconds and vannishing point.

Rides
    What ???

Am I the only one to have seen Leon?

Its a class film, specially if you have the USA non cut version.

Film boards cutting class films down to a shadow of the former self. bsards.

Cutting bits of film out is implying we cannot decide what is reality and fiction.
    Not being able to decide reality and fiction is a way of diagnosing mental illness. Therefore the film classification board are saying we are all mentally ill.

Thank you bill Hicks for bringing that to my attention.

Rides
    Originally posted by Darksurfer
    What ???

Totally agree Leon is the best film I've ever seen and is my #1

Oh and #2 I think is A.I.
    SXOC Member #62SXOCCar Gone & ZX-12RPS4 - AFKAN
    Pessimists are people without dreams. dhún an doras ar do bhealach amach...Wii - 2031 7909 3288 5367
    Gamers Read This...

Rides
    Pulp Fiction
    Event Horizon
    Boogie Nights
    Swordfish
    American Pie 2 (for laughs)

It a real shame they didn't do a girls version of Pearl Harbour and a blokes version with all the slushy 5h1t love story cut out and more bits of dogfights and action scenes to keep us happy. It was potentially a brilliant action movie ruined by a crappy love story. Kate Beckinsale could stay tho!!

Rides
    Originally posted by Zenki

Event Horizon
    Good movie for trippin

Rides
    Originally posted by Darksurfer
    What ???

Its a class film, specially if you have the USA non cut version.

Film boards cutting class films down to a shadow of the former self. bsards.

Cutting bits of film out is implying we cannot decide what is reality and fiction.
    Not being able to decide reality and fiction is a way of diagnosing mental illness. Therefore the film classification board are saying we are all mentally ill.

Thank you bill Hicks for bringing that to my attention.
    Yep, this is a fantastic film, seen it many times. But what are the differences between the US and UK versions? Did they cut scenes out or just a couple of shots on someones head exploding or something? Does it make a significant difference to the film? If so, it looks like I'll be having 2 versions of the film soon.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    Originally posted by SteveCarter200
    Yep, this is a fantastic film, seen it many times. But what are the differences between the US and UK versions? Did they cut scenes out or just a couple of shots on someones head exploding or something? Does it make a significant difference to the film? If so, it looks like I'll be having 2 versions of the film soon.
    Big changes, not just a couple of cut scenes....

The film bourd thought that the original was too strong for the US audiance.
    Massive pressure from film fans managed to get the full cut released, Yaaah !!!

You get more story, Matilda offering to sleep with Leon if he will teach her the art of cleaning. you get to see Matilda learning how to be a hitman/girl. Capping a few targets.

All I can say is beware of small girls knocking at your door and you find bubble gum stuck over the door spy hole.
    You gonna get your ass wooped !!!

The full cut of the film is called Leon the proffesional.
    Its only available as region 1 DVD disc.
    Last edited by Darksurfer; 23-04-2003 at 11:10.

Rides
    Has anyone seen the french film Taxi by Luc Besson about a white Pug 406 taxi driver.

This has got to be one of the best and funniest non-english films I have ever seen.

Have you seen the sequel? It is absolutely brilliant! 406 versus a trio of black yakuza Evo VIs through Marseille and Paris! And his girlfriend is a-maz-ing!

Speaking of French films, has anyone seen La Haine? This may be my second favourite film of all time.

Rides
    Originally posted by BanjoMaster
    Have you seen the sequel? It is absolutely brilliant! 406 versus a trio of black yakuza Evo VIs through Marseille and Paris! And his girlfriend is a-maz-ing!
    Not sure about the car's wings Looks a bit dodgy!

Banned
    Rides
    Leon
    Predator

OR

This is Spinal Tap
    Conan the Barbarian

Rides
    Oh my god im going to have to find Leon the Proffessional now.
    Fav film of all time has got to be ALIENS. absolute genius. i been looking for the special edition for about 4 years now, finally got it on DVD, they re released it.
    T2 is also awesome, but there are sooo many films that could be no.2 in my choice, a lot of them been mentioned already.
    And the film TAXI made me want to get a white 406!!!!

For about a minute. but is a well good film.