Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HSD's do 8:25 full lap at the Nurburgring

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilMorrison View Post
    I've done the Ring once in my M3, and I can't wait to get back. Everyone always asks what was your time, and my answer is: "I don't give a fcuk, I was to busy crapping my pants" .
    i may rock that as a sig quote

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilMorrison View Post
    He describes them as just normal summer tyres, not sure what brand, but no semi slicks.

I've done the Ring once in my M3, and I can't wait to get back. Everyone always asks what was your time, and my answer is: "I don't give a fcuk, I was to busy crapping my pants" . The place makes you feel completely and utterly insignificant, and I won't be timing myself there any time soon. I think if you wanted to though, a vid cam is a very good way to do it, as you're not actually looking at a timer.
    Most definitely, checking a clock could be pushing your luck and trying your hardest to get a good time is best left to those who know the Ring like the back of their hand Consistent smooth laps, gradually building pace is the way to go. Bec drove around last year and she thought it was the scariest thing she had ever done and so far, doesnt want to drive there again she would be perfectly happy on a normal track and driving my car in sub zero and horribly wet conditions, so I suppose that says something
    Currently scrabble powered - Leon Cupra 280

Rides
    Going to the "ring" next week to learn the track a bit more and get some tips from Sabine Schmitz herself. Can't wait...

Rides
    Back from the Ring and my time in my friends stock Evo 8 which I haven't driven before is 9:59. So my first lap ever under 10 minutes, I'm happy

Rides
    Makes my runs look complete sh1te but... I stayed on the track, it was October, damp, i'd never driven a track befor and enjoyed it so so much and cant wait to get back over there now that my car has had alot of bits done...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d4XN...e=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqSqI...e=channel_page

Rides
    This was a lap in which Sabine Schmitz in front was showing us the line, the times were around 11 minutes:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvZT8VXJEZU

Rides
    Just saw this, I've always thought the a 290-300bhp sx could do 8mins (BTG) or a smidge under with decent suspension and good tyres - good to hear I wasn't far out.

Recon he'd get about 7:55 (BTG) with r888's or similar. I always time when I'm there (using a stopwatch) but have never had a clear lap like that that's for sure

My spec for ring trips is 10psi on a t28 or t25 on CA18DET (maybe about 220bhp at a guess?) but have never used coilovers or good tyres either tho, mostly std 15" wheels on cheap 195 width tyres I get around the 9min mark best being a 8:55. From that 8:02 from a 300bhp car on coilovers (and probs a better driver!) seems about right imo.

It's mostly about knowledge of the track more than anything else tbh.

Good lap, wasn't going to goto ring this year but am now LOL!

Dunc.
    Last edited by dunc; 09-05-2009 at 19:21.

Rides
    Since the car is LHD, I take it has passed a TÜV inspection and can go on the Sportauto lapboard?

Rides
    On a similar note, a BMW CSL (roadcar) that is faster at the Ring that a Zonda Clubsport... 7.22 full lap, so a sub 7 BTG at a guess 600 bhp, but still

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgMR9OVEDIY
    Currently scrabble powered - Leon Cupra 280

Rides
    Not sure on the Sportauto lapboard question really, I assume the car had passed a TUV inspection but it's not ours so I couldn't confirm for sure.

The Loaded CSL is INCREDIBLE! Someone bought that car for a few Euros when it was raffled off... lucky bastard.

Rides
    Quality drive and he barely looked like he was trying, very few corrective steers that I could notice.

Got to say big up to Driftworks as well for getting such a great set of coilovers available for the SX.

You don't do VR-4 bits do you or am I really going to have to buy another 200

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon Bon View Post
    The Loaded CSL is INCREDIBLE! Someone bought that car for a few Euros when it was raffled off... lucky bastard.
    Pardon for asking, but when was this?
    As far as I know (and according to the website), the guys at Loaded are working hard to get the car ready for the 24h of Nürburgring.

On topic: great lap, fun too see a Silvia on the great Nürburgring.
    Last edited by xevz; 13-02-2011 at 11:52.