Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RB25 into S14/S14a wiring guide

Rides

Lightbulb RB25 into S14/S14a wiring guide

Ok, early first draft, probably not the easiest guide to follow and there may be some errors but hopefully it's of some use to someone. I'll update it sooner rather than later, hopefully.

www.ianm3igb.plus.com/rb25-S14.pdf

S13 guide to follow soon (it's a lot simpler, for what it's worth ).

Rides
    thats class, you should offer a harness conversion

Rides
    that guide must have taken like five times longer than it does to actually do the loom lol

Rides
    Good work mate... and thats something I wouldn't fancy attempting.. I'd get about 10 mins in, get all confused and give up

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by martinbattye View Post
    that guide must have taken like five times longer than it does to actually do the loom lol
    Sounds about right . It's not so hard to do, but I was thinking 'how the f**k do I describe this to someone else? . It's all because of the damn abs and wipers being in the S14 harness that it gets all wordy

Quote Originally Posted by dano View Post
    Cheers, although the idea of the guide was that people could do it themselves (there is people offering conversions, but it gives half-confident people a chance to have a go themselves). At the moment I've not really got the time (just done a couple of harness for local mates).

Quote Originally Posted by BaldyBastard View Post
    Good work mate... and thats something I wouldn't fancy attempting.. I'd get about 10 mins in, get all confused and give up
    Get an RB and try it out, I need feedback
    Last edited by John Bennett; 17-05-2009 at 10:08.

Rides
    Its still an option to get an RB in mine as its still off the road... if I was going to attempt it, don't fret, you'll be getting involved

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dano View Post
    If John could work out how to squeeze another 24hrs into each day I'm sure he would be up for it

As above and It probably took ricey longer to take the loom out the car than it did for john to work out how to convert it.

Rides
    Cheers, although the idea of the guide was that people could do it themselves (there is people offering conversions, but it gives half-confident people a chance to have a go themselves). At the moment I've not really got the time (just done a couple of harness for local mates).

sure you and fry have been going a grand job for ricey and the guide will no doubt help alot of people out.

If John could work out how to squeeze another 24hrs into each day I'm sure he would be up for it

yep never enough hours in a day...

Rides
    really good that you/ people do things like this.

only had a quick scan of it but arent 14s and 14a pin locations different?? and theres differences with the spec 1 and 2 rb's?? so this cant cover all of them can it??
    SLIDEMOTORSPORT - Find us in the traders section or call 01977 647277

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT2OOSX View Post
    really good that you/ people do things like this.

only had a quick scan of it but arent 14s and 14a pin locations different?? and theres differences with the spec 1 and 2 rb's?? so this cant cover all of them can it??
    Hi, the S14a and S14 may have different ECU pin locations, but they've got near-enough the same pinouts for connector 'F4' - the lever connector just by the ECU. As we only care about 'F4' for this conversion (the SR ECU connector goes in the bin) they're the same
    I've got two RB harnesses here, which I presume are spec 1 and 2 (one has the PTU on the top of the engine, the other has the transistors inside the coil packs) and I think I covered all the differences in the guide - will update the guide if I find any more though.

Yeah, regarding doing harnesses for money, spare time is more precious than money these days

Rides
    Arhh dammit,

Could have done with this 6 months ago.

Will have to compare my workings out with yours now

Bloody good work though

Rides
    Well do let me know if theres any mistakes . I'm already thinking of bits that could do with a re-write for clarity

Rides
    Your guide has been invaluable to me already thanks

I think there is a minor typo in your F4 wiring table - PIN 5 is listed as going to ECU pin 5 but the ECU table lists the speed sensor on pin 53

Rides
    IMHO the best way for someone wanting to do there own conversion wiring is to get diagrams and understand where the wires are going and their function.. gives a proper understading of what you are doing then.. rather than join x to y and viola. that gives no chance of future fault finding..

Rides
    IMHO the best way for someone wanting to do there own conversion wiring is to get diagrams and understand where the wires are going and their function.. gives a proper understading of what you are doing then.. rather than join x to y and viola. that gives no chance of future fault finding..
    That was why I named/described all the connections in the tables and even put in the RB25 diagram for reference - to try and make people think, just a little bit . I might even take the brave step and ditch the numbers and just put words like in the S13 SR20 guide

There's plenty of scope for a guide that says take the red wire and join it to the blue wire, with pictures (which would probably explain the RB25 to S13 loom that I spent 3 hours re-wiring yesterday because someone had totally arsed it up after following some net guide. ).

(not trying to sound too defensive, I am planning a re-write).

Rides
    i totally wouldnt even know where to start in trying to write a guide so youve done a better job than i would.. !!!

Rides
    The link is broken I wanted to double check the consult wiring on mine as it doesnt work

Rides
    Is there a new link John?

Rides
    I've been looking for this but the linky no worky.

Rides
    http://media.sxoc.com/contributors/s...S14_Jul_09.pdf

I'm picking through a (bloody filthy) RB26 harness at the moment, so maybe I'll sort a guide for that too at some point.