Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RB25 into S14/S14a wiring guide

Rides
    Thanks for the updated link. Top work on the guide. Just saves us lazy sods from doing too much thinking!

Rides
    obviously as said ur too busy to make these up but u think by now with the amount of broken liners and s bodys knocking about that some kind of company would of made exact harnesses to just plu and play conversion ??? or am i not looking in the right places to find these lol this is the only thing that puts me off the rb conversion mechanical side im fine with lol

Rides
    it is possible to make a harness adaptor for the plugs in the engine bay and the plug by the drivers footwell.. you just need both parts of each loom

Rides
    Its not really worth while.

I have made a couple for people keeping the abs etc so they are plug and play looms but it takes a while to do a good job and most people dont want to pay for it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulsx View Post
    Its not really worth while.

I have made a couple for people keeping the abs etc so they are plug and play looms but it takes a while to do a good job and most people dont want to pay for it.
    as a loomer... lol i appreciate precisely what your saying..

Rides
    how much u looking at to make up a loom so everything works right suchs as revs speedo im not too bothered about things like aircon its the only thing putting me off an rb conversion also im assuming u swap the s14a ecu for a rb ecu

Rides
    Yes your basically installing the whole rb loom and ecu. The f4 connector is the vehicle to engine interface connector and it has the abs and aircon bits in it.

If you want to do away with aircon and abs its easier and there are already pinouts on the web for that but as i found out some of it is wrong and it has some bits missing.

The looms i made had the pins moved in the connector rather than cutting and splicing but its much harder to do if your a novice at it.

Frrom memory it took me about 1 day to make a loom from the 3 doner ones but then i am very fussy and it looked stock and was plug and play.

When soemone asked me to do another they only wanted to pay peanuts and it's just not worth the hassle.

Rides
    When someone asked me to do another they only wanted to pay peanuts and it's just not worth the hassle.
    plus 1 on that point.. mine are P'n'p or not at all..

Rides
    what kind of price are you looking at for a plug in loom s14~rb26 ?

Rides
    yh id be interested in that too

Rides
    If you want someone to do you a loom, PM them and ask - they're not allowed to plug on here .
    Plus this was supposed to be a thread about a Do-it-yourself guide (RB26 will follow - working on that now )

And, no, I don't do them . I realised I don't have enough free time to even do stuff for myself, and if it were to make pocket money from spare time then technically I should be charging over £200+ a harness

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bennett View Post
    And, no, I don't do them . I realised I don't have enough free time to even do stuff for myself, and if it were to make pocket money from spare time then technically I should be charging over £200+ a harness
    Welcome to my world lol. and even at that price your not making much if any lol. If you told soemone £300 plus the 3 looms they would just laugh but they dont see how much work has gone into it.

The guide is very good and better than the others kicking around. The first one i did involved checking through every wire to identify it and you have saved people an awful lot of work. If you cant do it from you guide then you are going to struggle full stop

Rides
    Welcome to my world lol. and even at that price your not making much if any lol. If you told soemone £300 plus the 3 looms they would just laugh but they dont see how much work has gone into it.

The guide is very good and better than the others kicking around. The first one i did involved checking through every wire to identify it and you have saved people an awful lot of work. If you cant do it from you guide then you are going to struggle full stop
    Yeah, I underplayed the cost 'cos I didn't want to sound like a rich-git (I'm not), but it's so easy to undercharge compared to what you could do in consultancy

I'm chuffed you like the guide Of course, any errors and suggestions are always appreciated.

Rides
    To be honest there is only so much you can do.

If you cant understand the guide and the fundimentals of soldering and de-pinning connectors you have to ask yourself if you should really be doing it.

Rides
    hhhhhahahha.. thats a nice way of putting it... put the tools down chumps! lol

JB an RB26 loom connectors are identical??????????

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by martinbattye View Post
    hhhhhahahha.. thats a nice way of putting it... put the tools down chumps! lol

JB an RB26 loom connectors are identical??????????
    Are they?
    I've been looking at an R32 harness (with the 6 plugs) and I was approaching it from the 6 loom plugs, noting which wires you need from them all (like the dropper resistor wires) and which wires you bin. Thought it might make things simpler for people than just telling them to hack off all the plugs and then hunt for coloured wires.
    I've not actually compared it at the ECU end to an RB25 - I will now though (might save me some work )

Rides
    ahhhh. r32 is certainly different.. i assumed r33.. which ever the model the vehicle plugs are same.

the ecu end is very similiar. you dont need to worry about that end tho. and essentially the engine runs off the car loom.. so all fundamental wiring is identical.

an rb20 and r26 (r32 loom) should pretty much have the same connectors car side.

Rides

Rides
    It's easier to understand if you know how components under the bonnet work.

There's not much under there really.

Rides
    I know its and old thread but is there an up to date link for this guide? RB25 into a S14