Page 15 of 122 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: My constant work in progress 14a with added jdm'ness!!!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Been playing with ride heights again today. Having a few issues as I cant get the fronts very low at all because of the arch liners The rears can go crazy low if I wanted tho

What are the cons to removing the arch liners and do you have to remove the entire liner or does it come out in sections??

I was going to go for a similar stance to what daz has on his damson 14a
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Tbh, and this is gonna sound gay coming from me, removing them is a pain in the ass!!

There is lots of holes that road water and salt comes up through and ruins your engine bay. I wash mine down with an oily rag all the time but its still rusts from the salt.

On martins shell we have filled holes and only made holes where we need them. I'll do the same on mine when the engine comes out for power mods.

Kev

Rides
    i used to run without them mate, but then i had a corrosion problem on the arch loom with water ingress. and to be honest, the road noise from stones and grit, made me put them back on.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Cheers for that mate. I may have to go quite sensible then. Would a lower profile tire help avoid the arch? Don't really fancy more stretch then I have at the moment.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by eloise View Post
    i used to run without them mate, but then i had a corrosion problem on the arch loom with water ingress. and to be honest, the road noise from stones and grit, made me put them back on.
    Cheers mate. Looks like their staying. Wonder If I could mod them for clearence

Rides
    you could try a heat gun and remould them further into the arch, but tbh, i dont think there that sort of material. see where they interfere, and cut bits off out of the way.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    We'll see. I think your right tho. I may be able to cut them back a bit but not sure thats much better than removing them tbh.

Rides
    Your car is starting to look really nice now Chris

Some shiny rocker cover bolts would look good in the bay, my old strut brace is looking rather snazzy

When you get the rest of the parts on and the car aligned up for fast road you will be amazed at how well it will handle, I was when I did mine.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Cheers martin. Yeah the strut brace has come up quite nicely Did you keep the arch liners on your s14 or are they different?

Will prob try and fit the rest of the stuff next week if I can find the time

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides

My constant work in progress 14a with added jdm'ness!!!

Been playing around with ride heights again today and I am almost happy with it now. Might possibly need to go lower at the front but that can wait

While I was at it I test fitted my new skirts and spats

I'm loving the look so far

Found some surface rust on the sills which I have now treated, was hoping they would be spotless

Rides
    Looking good mate and im liking the Navan/Zenki on S14a

But i think them skirts need to be closer to the ground IMO

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LewyS14a View Post
    Looking good mate and im liking the Navan/Zenki on S14a

But i think them skirts need to be closer to the ground IMO
    Not really possible seeing as it's a daily (want to keep the arch liners etc: And that my local shell has a nasty slope to get in

Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    Liking that Chris
    Cheers ben. I did say it wouldn't be ott

Rides
    looking good chris. personally, i wouldnt bother with painting the skirts and spats, they look awesome! haha. its coming along !

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Cheers mate. Think I'll definately be getting them sprayed tho

Rides
    OH GOD that looks lovely, im saving for the HR's after deciding not to go with the TT's, and i also have a saphire kouki, and every time you post a pic of it lowered i get a bit more excited to get mine down low

Rides
    looking good. i want your navan spoiler

take the grill out the front and get a srb front splitter and she will be complete

Rides
    LOWWARRRRR!!!!

Mine a daily, im running lowness and TBH it needs to go abit lower. Just man up.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Kouki View Post
    OH GOD that looks lovely, im saving for the HR's after deciding not to go with the TT's, and i also have a saphire kouki, and every time you post a pic of it lowered i get a bit more excited to get mine down low
    Good choice, they look so much better when lowered

Quote Originally Posted by crouchy View Post
    looking good. i want your navan spoiler

take the grill out the front and get a srb front splitter and she will be complete
    Ha ha the spoilers staying Might so something with the grill, don't like the no grill look tho tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by James_H View Post
    LOWWARRRRR!!!!

Mine a daily, im running lowness and TBH it needs to go abit lower. Just man up.
    We'll see

Rides
    Really taking shape now mate! will lookk awesome with the bits sprayed and fitted!

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!