Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie's Gentleman sil80

Rides
    Lol Cheers bro, thanks for your help finding the damn clip. I used stiff wire in the end remember. I knew a cable tie wouldn't last long in that area.

Anyway made some more progres tonight:

Here is the finished "repair" of the bumper with free ex-midges.

Cross stitched lol!

I picked up and s13 bumper support bar from a local scrappy and have set about cleaning off the rust.

Then gave it a test fitting....and hit a snag

Am going to have to cut a lot out of it. I knew I would, just not this much. I think this is beyond my dremel's range. Am going to have to take out most of the middle and the bits that jut out of the corners as they foul the bumper.

I also removed the grill as I'm planning on getting it sprayed to match the car as the plastic is a little faded.

Removed the side lights aswell as the sealant has perished and they fill up with water. Anyone know how to safely remove the lens so I can clean and reseal them?

Rides
    Very nice mate

Have to agree with some of the others - not really liking the zip tie look. Just seems a total waste to me, spending money on decent aero, then drifting it and smashing it up!!

Liking the decepticon sticker seeing quite a few of those recently!

Rides
    fcuk the bumper dude, with or without cable ties it looks badass, its ur car and just because its a gen kit, theres no reason to wrap it up in cotton wool.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Sorry dude, but thats a travesty drifting a genuine IG kit. Theres no point buying a beautiful car like that then knackering it first time out

Cable ties look shit. Sorry if I sound harsh, but youve broken what was potentially one of the best looking S13's in the country
    Ive had a rethink

Sorry man, but that was harsh - its your car, you can do what you want with it. I cant knock a man for going out and enjoying his car - Ive killed enough myself

If/when you get a new bumper, take it off next time you go drifting though eh??
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    ^^^^^^^^ yeah never listern to docwra unless its about jdm rims and rare stuff.

quality looking car. i like the look

Rides
    Ive had a rethink

Sorry man, but that was harsh - its your car, you can do what you want with it. I cant knock a man for going out and enjoying his car - Ive killed enough myself

If/when you get a new bumper, take it off next time you go drifting though eh??
    No worries mate. I'm defo getting a new one and it defo coming off first lol.
    Honsetly it was the
    potentially one of the best looking S13's in the country
    bit that I paid most attention too.

I'm just dead chuffed so many people like it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    No worries mate. I'm defo getting a new one and it defo coming off first lol.
    Honsetly it was the bit that I paid most attention too.

I'm just dead chuffed so many people like it.
    It's a shed

nah you know what I think, I really like the car only thing I am not to keen on is the alloys, but then you know that as well

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Removed the side lights aswell as the sealant has perished and they fill up with water. Anyone know how to safely remove the lens so I can clean and reseal them?
    I believe you can pop them in the oven on a very low heat for only a few mins which will soften the sealant enough to pull them apart. Don't leave them in too long or they will melt!!

RE: bumper repair. Remove the cable-ties one crack at a time, stick some duct tape over the crack to hold everything in shape and get a fibreglass repair kit Lay the mat over the cracks inside the bumper and put on lots of resin. Leave it to dry overnight and (if you feel like it) repeat for extra strength. You can then smear p40 over the cracks on the outside, sand down and p38 filler it. Sand down again, prime and paint. Cheaper then a new bumper!!

I did this recently and if it wasn't for my non-existant lacquer application skills (paint went on fine but I screwed up on the clearcoat) it would look good enough for daily use. Not show-quality but thats not what my car is for - some may not believe this as mine is usually immaculately clean and polished but I just don't have the time to spend on it now our 1st baby has arrived. I'd like it to look perfect and fresh again but it would take some work (thanks to careless people in car-parks etc )

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou-Lou View Post
    Noooo .. stunning looking car... well was

Nice cars should not be drifted

Get yourself some random shed instead!
    Correction. Nice cars should be drifted. But not on your first ever drift attempt

Buy a shitter so you have no fear of smashin it up. Then once you get good, you can tart it up (or drift a nicer car) with less risk of making it look like this one
    Quote Originally Posted by TAS View Post
    I thought Matt_S invented SXOC
    Quote Originally Posted by 30PSI View Post
    Matt_S is the SXOC. They're the same entity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty2Fatty View Post
    Some say that he remembers when the whole planet was just a field & that his body is held together with cable ties and duct tape, all we know is, he's Matt_S

Rides
    Epr have a front bumper on its own, if you still need one. Yes its a copy, but its such a good copy its has all the genuine stickers and looks to me like its from the same factory.

Don't repair the broken one it looks ace I would have it off you all laced up

The only things I would change on your car is the ride height and the colour, apart from that I think its spot on.

Rides
    Cheers mate

I'm going to get a totaly different but very similar bumper to replace the smashed one. It will solve a few problems as the IG one is very restrictive for airflow and has no receses for indicators.

I cant be bothered trying to fix the old one more, it's now a perfect drift spare.

I love the colour, there are only a couple of other colours I would have wanted and they would not be cheap to do.
    As for the ride it. Atm its al low as I can really go at the back due to the wheels. However Stephen has offered be wider fenders in compensation for all my troubles (when he can afford them that is), I just dont know what type to go for I like Type 2 for the rear as I think it will suit the squared front end.
    Once I have them I'll butcher the rear arches and get it as low as I dare (to many pot holes and speed bumps in Scotland).

@Big Yin: I know you dont like the wheels but the only ones I'd have instead would be Eurolines or Meister S1's.

Funnily enough before I went on the track my mate and I were talking about buying an old omega or the like to practice in.....I think I was tempting fate with that one.

Rides
    Got some work done at the weekend, even though I was working most of it
    Strangely I've been getting more work done since I started this topic than normal, probably should have started it ages ago lol

Got the lights apart. One fell apart without much persuation, the other was more stubborn.
    So now I have lights that dont fill with water, WIN!

but I cracked this one a bit getting it apart

still...it dont leak now so its all good.

I did as much hacking up of the bumper as I could. Bearing in mind that I've never really used an angle grinder before I'm more of a wood work/furniture man myself.
    before:

after:

corner bits had to come off as they fouled the inside of the bumper

bits removed:

and as it is now

I did a quick test fit and all seems good

East Central Scotland Rep tinnysteve's Avatar
    Rides
    jamie when you have your new bumper pass the old one to me i will fibre glass and fill then you have a spare to drift that dont look gash
    steve

Rides
    lol cheers steve

You around this weekend? I'm wanting to pass on the grill and rear kouki panel to get it repainted.

Rides
    Whoops..its been a bit of a while since I updated this.
    Loads of thing to add later this weekend but I thought I'd post of a teaser shot to see if anyones interested...
    as it stands it looks like this:

But its all change as today I picked up this.....

Rides
    Nice but i think i prefer the damaged one.

Rides
    Instant bunny is gonna look baller

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmini View Post
    Instant bunny is gonna look baller
    LOL new project title! I knew you'd like it kev. I've got the numbers of a couple of body shops to try. Fingers crossed it'll be done for next weekend. Now I just need to find the right indicators.

Rides
    To me theres something cool about that smashed up bumper and i usually prefare the a more well presented finish lol will look nice though with that new front bumper on though

Oh and by the way your Work wheels are VS-SD same as mine

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LewyS14a View Post
    To me theres something cool about that smashed up bumper and i usually prefare the a more well presented finish lol will look nice though with that new front bumper on though

Oh and by the way your Work wheels are VS-SD same as mine
    LOL arrrgh your not all supposed to like the smashed one I'll be keeping it as a drift bumper.

I know they're the same mate.....I was willing to offer kev just about anything for them when I saw he was bringing the over lol. I hate you just a little bit for having them (joke) but knew I'd never get the money in time. I just wanted the fronts to put on the rear of mine so I could run staggered stance...If you ever sell them...........DIBS!!!!