Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie's Gentleman sil80

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    LOL arrrgh your not all supposed to like the smashed one I'll be keeping it as a drift bumper.

I know they're the same mate.....I was willing to offer kev just about anything for them when I saw he was bringing the over lol. I hate you just a little bit for having them (joke) but knew I'd never get the money in time. I just wanted the fronts to put on the rear of mine so I could run staggered stance...If you ever sell them...........DIBS!!!!
    yeah i like it and it does look cool lol but it will look much nicer with a new bumper on there though

haha i seen them offsets, dish and style and thought i have to have them they don't really fit my car but i don't care ill give you a shout if i sell up mate

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LewyS14a View Post
    yeah i like it and it does look cool lol but it will look much nicer with a new bumper on there though

haha i seen them offsets, dish and style and thought i have to have them they don't really fit my car but i don't care ill give you a shout if i sell up mate
    lol cheers mate.

Yeah I saw the pics and almost fell off my chair....defo give me a shout...I dont know what I'll have to trade......dont suppose your in need of an older sister are you?
    plus I've kinda agreed to buy a 32gtr brake setup this month and a t28r later in the year.....I need a better job lol

Rides
    The IG kit is the only one i would have for my 13, love it. Car looks great btw

Rides
    I like the rocket bunny you baller you lol...

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Nice one buddy. Looks good

Rides
    cheers guys. Its certainly taken long enough....how come now I want to start phoning body shops right now lol.

Rides
    Cracking looking car mate, seen this a few times at Crail etc but dont think i have met you yet. But i will!! lol.

Love the car, my opinion is........ drive it and if it gets damaged like that then its only minor and another bumper can be bought, like you have done!

Cheers Aj

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Glad you've got a new bumper TBH, I'm not a fan of the frankenstien look. Be interesting to see how the new one matches up to the kit. Mix 'n' match kits FTW!!

Rides
    rocket bunny and IG are virtually the same so iam sure itll be fine. in fact the skirts are actually identicle and the rear bumper just has a lip bit thats different. I used to like the rocket bunny bumper alot more but now i think i prefer the IG

Rides
    If I'm honest I dint think it looks quite right. It will prob look awesome once its painted though.

I had a bit of a panic this morning during test fitting. It refused to go on right, one side would but the other refused to slip into place. After much headscratching and nailbiting I removed the bumper support bar and it went on perfectly.
    Test fit pics:

Rides
    Awesome. Cant wait to see it all painted up

Rides
    Looks awesome! Lovely car you've got there dude. Oh and as you once said "Decepticon Sil80 crew FTW" lol

Rides
    I'm not so sure to be honest but then I'm not a big fan of kits in general. Really liked the old one though, had a classy look to it and suited the car very well imo.

Rides
    Lol I'm holding final judgement for when its painted. The old bumper isn't going anywhere, already had offers to fix it up. Plus I get the feeling the RB bumper would not be particularly hard to sell on lol.

Rides
    Right. I got it back today.....and I love it. To quote my best mate "I think you just made your car". Just needs lowering and lewy's wheels lol.

Many thanks to bob for painting it and removing the dent in the wing for an amazing price.

I'm lowering the front tomorrow and trying to get a hold of a mate who'll roll the rear arches.

Rides
    You know, the more I look at it, the more I think it might just be one of my favourite s13's

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnstormer View Post
    You know, the more I look at it, the more I think it might just be one of my favourite s13's
    Wow...thanks mate. That means a lot!

Rides
    Overdue update and not a good one.

Well......I'd planned on this being a new more new parts fitted/lowered etc post but the car had other ideas.....I have an array of shiney nismo, Uras, Apex parts to fit but no way of moving the car to do it.

Just over a week a ago I took the car to get a suspension issue looked at....the result of which was the discovery that all 4 of the shocks in my coilovers have seized
    Car was still drivable and after a few e-mails I organised to sent the shocks back to the supplier to be looked at.
    A week later I got a hold of spare coilovers (thanks "Marteh") and set about fitting them. rears took about 20 mins, then another 10 for the drivers front...the pass however decided to f##k my life up even more. The bolt had seized into the hub, to get it out we had to remove the whole hub and in doing so destroyed the steering rod end of the Tein Tied rod.
    Application of a large hammer got the mangled bolt out, then frantic phone calls got saw replacements supplied by "sxowner" and these where fitted at about 10.30pm
    First thing next morning I order replacement ends (car still jacked up half blocking my best mates next door neighbours drive). Ordered thurs morning....friday..no parts....phone supplier and get "sorry they were out of stock...we'll have them on monday, Great...well I need to cancel then". Ordered another set from a different comp but could not get guaranteed sat delivery....monday defo....

So thats where I'm at.....kinda f##ked. Handing over the shocks the morra at JDMallstars and hoping for the best. Thankfully the guy next door to my mate is on a track holiday in Europe. Fingers crossed we can sort it on monday, though I'm not sure how to change rod ends....

Rant over....good updates soon...I hope.

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Thats not good Hope it all gets sorted soon. Unfortunately I've also learned from bitter experience its not a case of buy new shiny bits and fit them. Things go wrong

At least the shocks are being looked at and fingers crossed for replacements to be sent asap.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggers View Post
    Thats not good Hope it all gets sorted soon. Unfortunately I've also learned from bitter experience its not a case of buy new shiny bits and fit them. Things go wrong

At least the shocks are being looked at and fingers crossed for replacements to be sent asap.
    Cheers mate.

Aye fingers crossed. They're out of warranty (18 months since buying, prob 15 on the car, only 10k miles and not been on the road in winter), but we'll see how it goes. I got told the price of new shocks.....