Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: My black s14a build diary

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
    I dont suppose you had any problems with relocating the PAS bottle in a lower position than it was before? Also did you end up just replacing the piping with some fuel/oil piping off ebay or something?
    I never got round to running it like that, as I wasn't happy with how the pipe ran, as ideally the power steering pump flange needs to be span around so it points directly at the bottle rather than away from it (going to look at this over the winter overhaul). The PAS bottle is still higher than the pump so I can't see it being a problem.

Also made it as a wedding car over the summer, (the brides dad wasn't impressed with the room in the back!)
    Last edited by Davus200; 12-11-2013 at 13:06.

Rides
    Lovely looking example buddy. What boss did you use with the Nardi out of curiosity?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie200sx View Post
    Lovely looking example buddy. What boss did you use with the Nardi out of curiosity?
    Cheers man, I bought the cheapest one on ebay I could find as a stop gap as wanted an NRG slim boss/ QR set up. But so far it hasn't given me an grief so keeping it for now!

Rides
    Looks fabulous dude, very tough and discreet. If I had to return to stock body I'd absolutely want it to look like that.

Rides
    My Favourite car on here! Well done buddy

Rides
    I miss seeing this car. Update required Mr Davus. Has it changed much in 5 years?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    It’s changed a bit. Uses it as a drift car now too.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    It’s changed a bit. Uses it as a drift car now too.
    It was so clean as well.

Rides
    This is weird, I had a look back at my thread earlier to see how long ago I last updated!

As Chris said, yea in 4 years it has changed some what! I'll collate some photos and update soon...

Quote Originally Posted by BLAKTOOTH View Post
    It was so clean as well.
    Just because its a drift car doesn't mean its not as clean... I still have my 12 stage polishing process and I wash my hands before touching the engine

IMG_7111
    Last edited by Davus200; 01-06-2018 at 11:08.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Davus200 View Post
    This is weird, I had a look back at my thread earlier to see how long ago I last updated!

As Chris said, yea in 4 years it has changed some what! I'll collate some photos and update soon...

Just because its a drift car doesn't mean its not as clean... I still have my 12 stage polishing process and I wash my hands before touching the engine

IMG_7111

Rides

My black s14a build diary

Where’ve you relocated the expansion tank to?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    When did you sort the bay? Looks good.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    Where’ve you relocated the expansion tank to?
    For the rad one I got a different tank which fits down to the left hand side of the rad under the slam panel. The power steering res is in the same place but on the right hand side. I'll grab some pics

When did you sort the bay? Looks good.
    Its taken quite a while stripping out all the stuff that isn't needed and relocating bits but finished it off last year... I'm not great at keeping this updated

Rides
    I've always been a bit behind in updating this.... I though I'd update now to show where the SX got to in my ownership as I've made the heart breaking decision to put the SX up for sale at the end of the month

I've owned it since 2009, and its going to be very hard to let go, but its time for a new challenge.

Starting with the heart:

I stripped out a lot of parts which weren't needed and a general tidy up to make it as easy as possible to work on.

Had a pin hole water leak under the inlet caused by a jubilee clip, which led to the head gasket going. So sent the head off to DY Engines for a proper refresh. Head skimmed, valves lapped and new valve stem seals and a lovely 1.2mm Siruda head gasket which felt too good to shove between too blocks of metal!

Also one of the best mods I made, 2 way diff built by Garage D, which really helped with track work... I'll come onto that in a bit.
    Last edited by Davus200; 01-07-2020 at 21:30.

Rides
    The idea behind the SX was to have fun in it and make it bomb proof... So spent the last few years doing drift and grip days, who said a drift car couldn't be clean!

And of course it had to be my wedding car:

Last edited by Davus200; 01-07-2020 at 21:35.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Sad times mate, hope things are good

Rides
    Sad times mate, hope things are good
    Its bitter sweet mate, I love the SX but I'm exciting about the replacement as its totally different! If I had the space I'd 100% keep the SX but 4 cars in the household is excessive especially as I don't drive to work!

How are things with you? You're fiesta track car looks like good fun!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    All good here mate, look forward to seeing the replacement the fiesta is turning in to the new money pit believe it or not...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Davus200 View Post
    I've always been a bit behind in updating this.... I though I'd update now to show where the SX got to in my ownership as I've made the heart breaking decision to put the SX up for sale at the end of the month

I've owned it since 2009, and its going to be very hard to let go, but its time for a new challenge.

Starting with the heart:

I stripped out a lot of parts which weren't needed and a general tidy up to make it as easy as possible to work on.

Had a pin hole water leak under the inlet caused by a jubilee clip, which led to the head gasket going. So sent the head off to DY Engines for a proper refresh. Head skimmed, valves lapped and new valve stem seals and a lovely 1.2mm Siruda head gasket which felt too good to shove between too blocks of metal!

Also one of the best mods I made, 2 way diff built by Garage D, which really helped with track work... I'll come onto that in a bit.
    That engine bay is the stuff of dreams!! Sad to hear you’re sell her. Whoever buys it will be getting an awesome car. What’s she been replaced with?

Rides
    come over to the kit car DARK SIDE!!!!

lol