Thread: growly CAS holder

Rides

growly CAS holder

http://www.growly.com.au/products.html

anybody running a CAS holder on their ca18?

I modified the factory cover in the past so it only utilized 1 dowel pin and I ruined 2 camshafts and 2 CAS over a 1 year period. Drove me near up the wall diagnosing the problem as well.

Yes the growly piece is much thicker, but it still only centers with 1 dowel pin and that worries me greatly. It was actually a tomei CAM that I ruined the splines in but was able to weld a bolt to the worn nub, rip it out with a slide hammer and salvage an OEM cam for the fresh splines

Rides
    We're still testing one ourselves, though it has held up fine so far

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ks13 View Post
    http://www.growly.com.au/products.html

anybody running a CAS holder on their ca18?

I modified the factory cover in the past so it only utilized 1 dowel pin and I ruined 2 camshafts and 2 CAS over a 1 year period. Drove me near up the wall diagnosing the problem as well.

Yes the growly piece is much thicker, but it still only centers with 1 dowel pin and that worries me greatly. It was actually a tomei CAM that I ruined the splines in but was able to weld a bolt to the worn nub, rip it out with a slide hammer and salvage an OEM cam for the fresh splines

good going on the cam repair!!

seems to be a solution.. but personally i prefer the far cheaper and more solid option of modding a belt cover to be able to be removed/replaced quickly (waterpump pulley fouling) then pull it on and off a few times...
    it would really only take you a few dyno pulls to decide on most advantageous cam timing for your setup.. then re fit a full stock belt cover.... noone likes debris in the cambelt.!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by awretham View Post
    We're still testing one ourselves, though it has held up fine so far

how long has it been fitted to the engine, and what turbo/boost pressure/power estimate are you dealing with?

do you regularly take the engine to its rev limiter?

Im thinking about asking growly to do me one utilizing 2 dowel pins instead of 1 and forget about it.

Rides
    im thinking that only relation to the items performance is rpm and alignment.. power/boost etc has no influence

Rides
    As i posted in yout thread on NICO i have done 5000km's with my CAS bracket (the first one that we made) including a fair few trips to the track and i have not had a single problem.

Here's some pic's of my CAS and cam keyways after 5000km's (3125 miles);

Other happy customers in this thread;
    http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothrea...ley-cas-holder

Last edited by D_Stirls; 23-12-2009 at 18:42.

Rides
    hello, a person here could re make the case bracket ? because i still broken the camshaft and cas

Rides
    You can cut/modify the oem cover so that it still utilizes both dowel locators.