Page 84 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2554

Thread: My S14a build

Rides
    Running? nope lol. Did I wave back? lol.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Running? nope lol. Did I wave back? lol.
    You looked like you were all fingers and thumbs messing about with something inside the car so I wasn't sure if you saw me.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAKTOOTH View Post
    You looked like you were all fingers and thumbs messing about with something inside the car so I wasn't sure if you saw me.
    Ah, sorry dude .

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    A quick shot and edit last night on my way home from a mates house .

Nice shot. How exactly did you do the lighting?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Puts camera on a long expsure with the appropriate settings not to over saturate, then runs about with a flash gun

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Really? How long are we talking? Guess it's pretty dark at this point?

Sorry to go off topic daz but I love the effect
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Yeah, the car generally needs to be in total darkness. I know the theory of it, I don't know the details of settings and the likes. I've seen my mate do it on a few shoots.

Rides
    I couldn't possibly give away all my secrets lol.

Rubix is bang on the mark. Long exposure (above was 15seconds), lightsource (my iPhone, not a flashgun), then the tricky bit is getting the light lines in the places on the bodywork that you want them. It's great fun and I'd highly recommend anyone to give it a go.

The above is about 15 different frames with some merging and editing in photoshop. Total time for this was about an hour and a half including editing and shooting .

I like the fact that it makes the car look clean. It hasn't been washed since the day I left for LeMans .

Rides
    Wow... awesome build thread dude!!

lol bet that screamer pipe coming off gave you a scare!!! Great to see the recent Le Mans pics... I've got mates who go every year including Sean who has a nice blue 14a

The long exposure pic you took at night using light from your iPhone has come out really sweet. I've also got a Nikon D300 (I'm usually the odd one out with everyone else using Canon!) and my workhorse is the Sigma 24-70 f/2.8. However, when I get the chance I always try and use my f/1.8 50mm prime. Super sharp and awesome contrast/colours

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by James_S15 View Post
    Wow... awesome build thread dude!!

lol bet that screamer pipe coming off gave you a scare!!! Great to see the recent Le Mans pics... I've got mates who go every year including Sean who has a nice blue 14a

The long exposure pic you took at night using light from your iPhone has come out really sweet. I've also got a Nikon D300 (I'm usually the odd one out with everyone else using Canon!) and my workhorse is the Sigma 24-70 f/2.8. However, when I get the chance I always try and use my f/1.8 50mm prime. Super sharp and awesome contrast/colours
    Thanks James .

Well, we drove off the ferry and I got stuck on a speedbump and literally had to drag the car off of it so when the screamer pipe fell off, I thought it was the exhaust system lol. I was a bit happier to see it was just the screamer pipe lol.

I had a chat to Sean on the Sunday night I think it was, nice chap and his car is looking really good now too .

I did another long exposure last night so will post that up later too. The iPhone light is far far too dim though. The other light I use is much much better .

Yay, D300 owners, whoop whoop. Canon's for show, Nikon's for a pro haha. I'd love to get a 24-70 f2.8 but don't have the monies for that. My daily lens is the Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 which is such a nice lens. Needs to be sent off to be cleaned as it's got a massive dust spot inside it which shows past f8 . 50mm f1.8 is a must have lens isn't it. I love using that for portraits , super super sharp.

Rides
    Iphone works surprisingly well as a light source, I'll try that next time I'm doing lightpainting!

Rides
    Yeah Sean's a top bloke... his 14a is pretty immaculate!!

Know what you mean... there's so many awesome lenses out there especially the fast ones!! I'm a bit of a purist so would rather get the right lens instead of using massive amounts of Photoshopping. I borrowed a mate's Sigma 10-20mm f/4 which is a wide-angle jobbie and it was so cool getting almost fisheye effect at 10mm. However, had to give it back in the end and really miss using a wide-angle one for car shots These still fetch a lot of money and eBay used versions aren't much cheaper than brand new?!

Nifty fifty is simply superb. Just a shame with the D300 you have the crop factor and effective 75mm focal length but hey, it's still awesome using this bit of kit. I wasn't sure if I'd get my money's worth buying the f/1.4 version so stuck with the f/1.8

Shame you're based in Essex fella otherwise we could have met up for some photography!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by hi_im_fil View Post
    Iphone works surprisingly well as a light source, I'll try that next time I'm doing lightpainting!
    Just make sure you find a nice dark spot as the light isn't that powerful. .
    Yeah Sean's a top bloke... his 14a is pretty immaculate!!

Know what you mean... there's so many awesome lenses out there especially the fast ones!! I'm a bit of a purist so would rather get the right lens instead of using massive amounts of Photoshopping. I borrowed a mate's Sigma 10-20mm f/4 which is a wide-angle jobbie and it was so cool getting almost fisheye effect at 10mm. However, had to give it back in the end and really miss using a wide-angle one for car shots These still fetch a lot of money and eBay used versions aren't much cheaper than brand new?!

Nifty fifty is simply superb. Just a shame with the D300 you have the crop factor and effective 75mm focal length but hey, it's still awesome using this bit of kit. I wasn't sure if I'd get my money's worth buying the f/1.4 version so stuck with the f/1.8

Shame you're based in Essex fella otherwise we could have met up for some photography!!
    I can be a bit of a purist with shots sometimes but I really love making my images as I want them and how I want others to view them. I like to show things that people can't see with their own eyes more than anything.

I've got my eye on a Sigma 120-300 f2.8 but certainly don't have the monies for it. As for the sigma 10-20mm f4. I've got one of those and I love it . I mainly use the 10-20 for landscapes and architectural photography.

My favourite lens though is my Sigma 70-200mm f2.8, works well for portrait, automotive, motorsports, and even the odd landscape shot too.

My mate has the 50mm f1.4 and it's better but I don't think it's really worth the extra money.

It's a shame I'm in Essex as the scenery is dreadful lol.

Rides
    Dreadful scenery in Essex? Surely not?? I want to take a photo of that BASILDON sign as you drive past the place on the A road to Southend lol

Wow I can see you're getting top results with the Sigma 10-20. I really need to get one as it's so versatile!! Love the pier shot with moody shadows

Sorry everyone if this build thread has digressed to photography?!

Rides
    Dreadful scenery in Essex? Surely not?? I want to take a photo of that BASILDON sign as you drive past the place on the A road to Southend lol
    I hate that bloody sign lol. £95k they spent on that lol.

Wow I can see you're getting top results with the Sigma 10-20. I really need to get one as it's so versatile!! Love the pier shot with moody shadows
    I'm not sure I'd call it versatile, it's a cracking lens but versatile, not sure on that.

Sorry everyone if this build thread has digressed to photography?!
    Don't apologise, it's my build thread haha .

Rides
    And here's another shot of the car .

Rides
    Very, very nice picture Daz

Rides
    So, a while ago I bought a couple of defi gauges which have sat in my room. Nash kindly offered to make up a gauge pod for me the same as the one he's got in his car.

I ordered some universal 60mm gauge pod holders to be cut and fitted into the dash.

Nash text me some pictures today to check the fitment and position and I love it. Big thanks to Nash for doing this for me .

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross. View Post
    Very, very nice picture Daz
    Cheers Ross

Rides
    Time for another small mod .

Rear numberplate LED lights .

Old Vs New

Yuck!!

Needed to put the old plug on the new wiring to make it fit .

Joining.

All soldered

All done.

How they look.

I also decided it was time to paint the strut brace ends.

Before

Partway through.

A closeup of before.

and during.

Waiting for paint.

Forgot to take some with the paint on. The paint is now drying so I'll refit the strut brace tomorrow night.