Page 5 of 128 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: My S14a build

Rides
    Oh by the way:

How much did you pay to get all your body work done? I'm going to be getting a similar thing done soon.

Really wanted GTRs on my damson too, but don't really want my car to look identical to your beauty. Would you mind?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by rdougan View Post
    Oh by the way:

How much did you pay to get all your body work done? I'm going to be getting a similar thing done soon.

Really wanted GTRs on my damson too, but don't really want my car to look identical to your beauty. Would you mind?
    What do you mean by getting the bodywork done? the resprayed front end or the arch's?

Its upto you what route you take with your car. mines gonna change more in the future. I wouldn't mind at all if they looked identical

Rides
    You said at the start you got the bumper, bonnet and a few other things painted; just wondering how much it cost you.

I think I will end up getting bronze GTRs, they look stunning. Thought gunmetal/black would look okay, but not really:

Rides
    Think they look better in gunmetal

Purplepower had the best looking Damson S14a on here (until he sprayed it white ) but Daz's is coming along nicely

You coming round tomorrow Daz to fit those arms? I guess it will be around midday
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    You said at the start you got the bumper, bonnet and a few other things painted; just wondering how much it cost you.

I think I will end up getting bronze GTRs, they look stunning. Thought gunmetal/black would look okay, but not really:
    Ah right, well I had the following work done for that repair.

New driver side wing,
    New Front splitter,
    repaint front bumper,
    repaint drivers door,
    repaint drivers wing mirror.

I then paid for the bonnet badge to be removed and the bonnet repainted and blended into the passenger wing. I paid £175 for that. The rest was on the insurance due to the knock.

hmm, GTR's in gunmetal. Well if Mark wants to let me fit one of his wheels I'll take a shot to see what they look like , not keen on the look by the chop though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Think they look better in gunmetal

Purplepower had the best looking Damson S14a on here (until he sprayed it white ) but Daz's is coming along nicely

You coming round tomorrow Daz to fit those arms? I guess it will be around midday
    The question is will mine ever be better than purplepower's one when it was damson lol.

Yeah I will be coming round, will try and get over as early as I can. I need to be back home by 3pm before coming out for the meal (sams collecting some stuff).

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Ah right, well I had the following work done for that repair.

New driver side wing,
    New Front splitter,
    repaint front bumper,
    repaint drivers door,
    repaint drivers wing mirror.

I then paid for the bonnet badge to be removed and the bonnet repainted and blended into the passenger wing. I paid £175 for that. The rest was on the insurance due to the knock.

hmm, GTR's in gunmetal. Well if Mark wants to let me fit one of his wheels I'll take a shot to see what they look like , not keen on the look by the chop though.
    Ah I see. I'll need a few things painted soon and was just interested in the price.

Not keen on the gunmetal GTRs either, but a picture would be great if both of you guys have time. Bronze would be awesome for a photo shoot together. Pity I'm in NI.

Rides
    Ah I see. I'll need a few things painted soon and was just interested in the price.

Not keen on the gunmetal GTRs either, but a picture would be great if both of you guys have time. Bronze would be awesome for a photo shoot together. Pity I'm in NI.
    The total repair price was £1600 i think but you'd get it alot cheaper than that I think.

Didn't manage to get a photo with mark's wheel on my car though I'm afraid.

Rides
    Time for another update.

Head over to Mark's last saturday to fit my adjustable front tension rods and they took no time at all. Just need to get them to the right angle now though lol.

Random photo of the car covered in snow at work this week

I'm still waiting on a Traction arm from Apex as its on back order so when I got a delivery note I thought "brilliant they've turned up well ahead of time". However, to my utter delight I was handed this box from the post office a full 6 weeks after ordering it. It's been on back order from OMP Italy for all that time lol.

OMP Corsica in leather

Would like to say a MASSIVE thanks to GregS14a for the Steering wheel boss he dropped round at the start of january .

I just need to get some allen head bolts to fit the wheel to the boss and get it in the car. Found this link for fitting the wheel aswell (incase it helps anyone else).

200SX S14a Steering wheel fitting guide

More pics to come once I fit the steering wheel

Rides
    Gorgeous wheel! I just followed that same online guide, and built the same horn adaptor to fit my momo, drifting, the only difficult bit was the tamper proof bolts holding the air bag in, so i just used a dremel to grind the centre pins down then a normal torx

Good luck though, what are you going to do about the air bag light after you've disconnected the OE wheel, i'm still undecided?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Kouki View Post
    Gorgeous wheel! I just followed that same online guide, and built the same horn adaptor to fit my momo, drifting, the only difficult bit was the tamper proof bolts holding the air bag in, so i just used a dremel to grind the centre pins down then a normal torx

Good luck though, what are you going to do about the air bag light after you've disconnected the OE wheel, i'm still undecided?
    The wiring is the bit that is confusing me so far, even the horn part is confusing me, will make sense once i'm doing it I would of thought.

Not sure how to do the airbag light yet. Once I sort it i'll post on this thread as to how I did it

Rides
    The wiring is easy, basically there is one plug just beside the ignition barrel and to make it easy for me i chopped the wires to the air bag, and left the one for the horn. I put the horn wire on a screw that holds the bit of bent brass as shown in that on line guide (its so you have connection all the time without wires twisting round), the only other wire is the one from the OMP horn button to the metal circle on the back of your boss.

So you press the horn button and allow the electricity to travel down the wire to the metal ring on back of boss, then to the bend on that bit of brass, up the brass onto the original horn wire, and HOOOONK, bobs your uncle and f*any's your wife!

Obviously you could put a button on the dash which would take 5 seconds but i like the centre horn.

As for the air bag light ive heard you can put a resister in line to make it think its still there? The reset doesn't work as it senses its missing every time. I took my dials out to take bulb out, but its a soldered in one and not removable so i just put some black tape over it for now!

It will all make sense when its apart im sure

Rides
    The wiring is easy, basically there is one plug just beside the ignition barrel and to make it easy for me i chopped the wires to the air bag, and left the one for the horn. I put the horn wire on a screw that holds the bit of bent brass as shown in that on line guide (its so you have connection all the time without wires twisting round), the only other wire is the one from the OMP horn button to the metal circle on the back of your boss.

So you press the horn button and allow the electricity to travel down the wire to the metal ring on back of boss, then to the bend on that bit of brass, up the brass onto the original horn wire, and HOOOONK, bobs your uncle and f*any's your wife!

Obviously you could put a button on the dash which would take 5 seconds but i like the centre horn.

As for the air bag light ive heard you can put a resister in line to make it think its still there? The reset doesn't work as it senses its missing every time. I took my dials out to take bulb out, but its a soldered in one and not removable so i just put some black tape over it for now!

It will all make sense when its apart im sure
    Ah cool, makes sense then. I just need to decide what bolts to use to fit the steering wheel to the boss,

These (will these be too weak being Aluminium?)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Anodised-Alu-C...item3ca60e7eba

or these (bit stronger being Stainless steel)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/S-S-SOCKET-COU...item3351b99dc3

Rides
    Ally ones will be fine theres loads of them, but not only did my boss come with a set, but my momo came with a pack also?

Rides
    Ally ones will be fine theres loads of them, but not only did my boss come with a set, but my momo came with a pack also?
    Well the boss I got was second hand so not bothered about not getting the bolts with that.

Bit surprised I didn't get any with the steering wheel though

Rides
    Lovely steering wheel!!

Rides
    Updates are looking good mate! Top work so far, keep it up. Car looks great!

Cheers Aj

Rides
    looking good daz. lovelly looking wheel too.

Rides
    Wheel looks absolutely gorgeous. Don't know if I would get a leather one though if I switched. My hands sweat like crazy.

You need a lovely bucket seat in there now.

Rides
    Cheers guys, Bucket seat is on the list for the future just can't decide on what one lol, I like the Bride seat you've bought but I'm not that rich lol.

Will be buying a new little toy later on aswell

Rides
    nice update daz , i just need a boss now for my new wheel , and that link will be most useful