Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: my s14a project thread :)

Rides
    Very nice Nash. The car is awesome and keeps getting better and better

Rides
    awesome

hope mine ends up looking like that.

Rides
    really gone about this the right way Nice 1!

Rides
    right last few bits to sort out before the weekender.

lambda sensor turned up as the old one was fooked.

had the lambda sensor thread retapped on the downpipe and also put some new heat wrap on

thought id give the exhaust system a bit of a clean up before being put back on the car.

before

and after.

downpipe and full system were then fitted back on car.

with one week left before the weekender i had to get tax, mot, full geometry setup, oil change and spark plug change, and then good clean.

luck was on my side and the car past the mot on the monday, tax was then sorted on the tuesday aswell as driving the car down to my mates garage to get the geometry sorted. the garage was a good 20 miles away and the car felt awful crabbing, rubbing, clonking and various other noises were coming from the car. on the wednesday i picked the car back up with low expectations of how the car would drive/handle. it took my mate a full 4 hours to properly set it up with the settings i gave him.

when the car arrived the settings were as follows

front left right
    caster 7.88 7.28
    camber 2.58 4.11
    toe 0.99 1.01
    rear
    camber 3.40 3.63
    toe 0.93 0.31

i done a post on here asking for what peoples setups were and this gave me a rough idea of how i wanted the car to drive/handle. so the settings are as follows

front left right
    caster 7.74 7.76
    camber 2.32 2.40
    toe 0.01 0.00
    rear
    camber 1.90 1.90
    toe 0.01 0.00

theres still room for a little improvement but the car handles so much better, and the grip has really improved. before i was still wheelspinning in 3rd but now im getting minimal spin in 2nd

so on the friday we done an oil change and fitted the new plugs and she was ready for the weekender. the car still isnt 100% finished, but for now she was fit enough to go to the weekender.

spent most of saturday cleaning, claying and polishing the car then she was ready.

the drive there and back she was good as gold. was a little nervous on the hill climb as i hadnt driven the car for 6+ months but more importantly the car handles completely different from before. first couple of runs i tried in low boost, mainly to get used to the car and track. and towards the end i was doing it in high boost. was definitely not driving the car or track at full potential but that didnt bother me i was just out enjoying the car finally. and finally the car was awarded 3rd best s body at the weekender what more could i ask for

couple pics from the weekender. will post up some more along with vids in a bit.

Last edited by nash`s; 14-07-2010 at 18:28.

Rides
    Love the Car Nash.

Here's the vid I took whilst passenger :Thumbs:

Rides
    ha ha cheers mate. its a noisy ****er aint it. you got your hearing back yet from when i blasted you on the motorway

Rides
    hats off to you andy.... absolutley stunning example. one of my favorite 14a's

Rides
    Great work, car looks very well and sounds awesome too, what turbo is that????

Rides
    dude when you said to me couple of months ago you had a few things to do you werent lying, car is looking pristine my friend, now come round and take me out in her lol. Is that the gauge pod you was making for me?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddS14A View Post
    dude when you said to me couple of months ago you had a few things to do you werent lying, car is looking pristine my friend, now come round and take me out in her lol. Is that the gauge pod you was making for me?
    it would have looked identical to that yes mate. will have to meet up soon mate and take you for a spin

Quote Originally Posted by gregs14a View Post
    hats off to you andy.... absolutley stunning example. one of my favorite 14a's
    g`day mate. cheers for the comments mate, when you going to be back on the xbox mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Sideways Simon View Post
    Great work, car looks very well and sounds awesome too, what turbo is that????
    cheers mate. turbo is a greddy td06 20g mate.
    Last edited by nash`s; 14-07-2010 at 18:08.

Rides
    another short vid from the weekender.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Loving the car as always Do you have any issues with your bonnet vents in the rain??
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    really love your car, nice work... keep it up/ From Sweden

Rides
    awesome sounding, super clean, amazing all together

Rides
    cheers for the comments guys

Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Loving the car as always Do you have any issues with your bonnet vents in the rain??

yes mate its a pain in the arse. its not to bad when moving as the wind blows it straight over the vents, and any water that does go through usually evaporates pretty quickly from the heat of the engine. but at a stand still the water does go through and its bloody annoying. tbh though the car rarely gets driven in the wet unless i get caught out

Rides
    Just read this thread Nash, truely awesome car mate, the underneath is lovely mate and the sound of the car is gorgeous, u still got to take me out for a spin in it yet , keep up the good work tho matey

Rides
    Cheers matey. Will take you for a spin next time I see you fella. Got a couple updates to do actually, nothing to special. Looking forward to getting it back on the road now as it's been broke since October

Rides
    Your car is fast and loud and super awesome.

The chassis is MINT!

Rides
    Thanks quail. Shame we never got to meet up last year, wouldn't mind seeing yours in the flesh.

right been a while since the last update. mainly because there hasn't really been too much change, but here goes anyway.

first new purchase was back in august, i wanted to give the back end a slight change so opted to buy a spoiler. i didnt fancy drilling holes into my carbon boot and to be honest i much prefer the spoilerless look so a roof spoiler was chose instead

wanted to opt for carbon spoiler to match with the bonnet and boot, but it would seem the carbon ones are much harder to come by than the frp models. in the end i settled*for an origin spoiler. couple weeks later i had a nice parcel from japanland

not the easiest of things to fit, and in fairness the fitment was crap, was a good inch out when placed on the car. would like to say thanks to ANDYRED for the contact with origin europe and for coming round to help us fit it. i still owe you a drink mate i ain't forgotten. andy advised me to use a ratchet strap and a shit load of tape to hold it in place whilst the glue sets.

left it for a good 24hours for good measure and gave it a good pull to make sure it was secure. was then a case of just adding silicone around the edge.
    only pic i have of it finished.

shortly after fitting this i was attending the london tunnel run, when i manged to crack my manifold pretty bad. luckily got the car home safe and the car has now not moved since october lol. part of it down to laziness and partly down to the crappy winter weather. before xmas abbott came round to give us a hand to take it all apart.

few pics from that day. got to love a turbo with no air filter

will give the tubby a bit of a clean before she goes back on

finally got the mani off and started to remove all the heat wrap off, was only expecting it be a small crack. but when all the wrapping was removed, this bastard of a crack was unveiled

dont you just love 200`s
    Last edited by nash`s; 06-02-2011 at 21:41.

Rides
    Just read through this what a build nice work! I the roof spoiler looks ace