Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New onboard Mini Camera

Rides

New onboard Mini Camera

Anyone interested in or thinking about getting themselves an onboard camera kit for there car or motorbike should have a look at these.

I bought 2 of them a few weeks ago and i've only just got round to having a look at them today, found an old MicroSD card and fully charged one of them.
    After a little play with them in the office i was quite impressed but i needed to know how good they were with high speed footage. i've seen ATC2K cameras and they are utterly crap. i should also mention i did have a full onboard bulliet camera kit for my bike and it cost me £320 for it all.

anyway before i tell you the cost of these new mini cameras i bought here is a photo of them next to my NATS fob.

These little bad boys cost £8
    The plan is for me to place one on the front bumper and the other on the rear bumper, they will provide some great footage i'm sure when i eventually get round to doing a drift or trackday.

I did try a little test of the camera today on my way home from work.

What i didn't realise is how mush the bumper vibrates, reason for this is the bottom half isn't secured to the car because of the FMIC.

You can view the test footage on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnF5mXG9IAQ
    or you can download a better quality version of the video from here
    http://www.urbanracing.net/200sx/test.wmv

For £8 you really can't complain, if you want to see the quality of a £320 bulliet camera setup then look here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqaZH3UeOKY

you can buy these cameras from this ebay seller
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=150410036677

PLEASE NOTE...

Monkey's Camera FAQ

Spy Camera FAQ: for the person ^^^ who has been quoted with this, yes you, all this information was gained from THIS thread in 15 mins of skim reading, or looking at the badly translated instructions.

Q; how long will it take to arrive, I WANT MINE NOW !!!!! one
    A: up to 2 weeks, the cameras are in Hon Kong, and it seems that every man woman child and hamster has order one since the first posting, so I think the man at the other end of EBay is a bit busy at the mo, be patient it will arrive.

Q: what memory cards will it take
    A: Micro SD (HC (high capacity) it say on the website up to 16gb, but to my knowledge 16gb hasn’t been tested by anyone on SXOC to see you can buy Micro SD from most places online or in a real shop, a good reputable place on line is http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SD not the cheapest but quick delivery etc.

Q: how long will a 1/2/4/8GB card last?
    A: some people have experienced up to 100mb per min, that will give 10 mins per 1 GB of space.

Q: how do I fit the Memory card
    A: The camera needs to have the buttons facing up (away from your feet) with the contacts of the card (the gold stripes) facing up, you WILL need to use a finger nail to get it to "sit" properly, if your finger nails are too short ask a girl or get a small (very small) screwdriver to push it in.

Q: it doesn’t work help!!
    A: it will be you don’t have a memory card in the camera or you need to plug the camera into a computer for a min 3 hours, the orange light will illuminate during this. of the orange light is still on get a pin (pencil is too big, also a stylus for a touch screen phone is too big, just get a pin, or paper clip that works, but a thin one) and press the reset button on the side.

Q: How long does the battery last?
    A: up to 2 hours on a 3 hour charge

Q: is the camera compatible with Windows 7?
    A: not at the mo, possibly because certain driver are not ready for it, XP it works fine, and when plugged in via USB (universal Serial Bus) it will be recognised as a "removable drive" like a card reader with no extra software required. If you do plug it in to a Win7 machine it will hang the camera and press reset will sort it out.

Edit: it is compatible with Win 7, I was wrong, but there may be some issues if you do not have your USB drivers installed correctly, or the latest chipset drivers installed. Please check the camera works with a XP machine and also refer to your chipset manufacturer for the latest drivers.

Q: is the camera Compatible with a Mac?
    A: I Don’t Know, I don’t care, be a man and buy a PC with windows XP, instead of drinking coffee win Starbucks with the MacBook air. Think of how many cameras you could buy with the money saved NOT buying starbucks

Q: how do I change the date time or remove it?
    A:
    Quote Originally Posted by immy21 View Post
    It bugs me the date and time is wrong

So I emailed the seller and got this:

Time set

1) Delete everything on the MicroSD card.

2) Create a text file called TAG.TXT in the root directory of the MicroSD card.

3) Open TAG.TXT and enter the following, correcting the date and time:

[date]

2009/09/27

21:00:00

4) Save TAG.TXT.

5) Eject and power-on the camera. The system will analyze TAG.TXT, then set system time according to what the file indicates. After that the text file will be deleted by the system automatically.

The player can play AVM format video, please install the software, it’s AVM converter, please choose 160×128 Frame Size.

Please have a try.
    hope helpful. thanx, hope the futher orders from you

在 2010年3月11日 上午

If this doesnt work then:
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyd View Post
    Well chuffed with these

Just managed to set the date and time. Had my windows extensions hidden. so was creating tag.txt.txt

Create a txt file at the root of the memory card, called tag and put in the correct date and time. Put in the data below.

[date]
    2010/03/12
    19:28:00

save file.

Turn off camera and then on. If it has worked the tag file should have been erased.
    Q: how do I attach the camera to my car/bike/cat/dog/fish?
    How ever you want, but driving a nail through the middle of the camera "may" stop it from working and void any warranty you have. I have used duct tape other fine these magnets work fine http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=140286970049 taped to the camera not sure of the best way to attach to an animal as they are not magnetic.

You also can use this, it sticks like sh!t to a blanket https://www.actioncameras.co.uk/black_tack

Q: I've taken the film now what do I do?
    A: connect camera to your computer via USB, your PC (PC running Windows XP before anyone gets pedantic) should auto detect and auto play giving you an option to open or play the vids, if it don’t it will be in My Computer. Or you can remove the card and put it in an associated proprietary card reader designed for this purpose.

Copy vids to your computer and delete them off of the camera.

you can watch them as standard AVI's, to convert/edit them you can use a multitude of program’s available for free and to pay for, you should have Windows Movie maker on your PC (and if you want to wind up Cluck PM asking him how to use it, or start a thread saying how great it is) or you have Adobe Premier, Sony Vegas etc.

You can then upload to YouTube etc and link/embed to this http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=449840 page, do not put vids in the buying spy camera thread.

Q: what else can the camera do:
    You can use it as a webcam, the drivers are here http://service.alan-electronics.de/C...Webcam-Driver/

Quote Originally Posted by Grazor
    When you plug the cam in the usb you have to to click to on/off button once to put it into webcam mode. Windows should then detect it as a camera not just a usb flash drive.

I haven’t tried to do it yet.

You could also use it to hold down £5 notes on the table if a weak to moderate breeze goes through your office

I will probably add to this as and when I remember find question/answer

If you still think I haven’t answered your question please have a look here

http://chucklohr.com/808/

Maybe of some use
    Last edited by GrahamB; 19-03-2010 at 14:54.

Rides
    **** me thats awesome!
    Where from? I guess its some kinda spy cam?

Rides
    i need to know whrre from
    excellent quality for the money, really surprised me. i didnt think the vibration was to bad either.
    Last edited by Simaroon; 02-03-2010 at 20:20.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kam View Post
    **** me thats awesome!
    Where from? I guess its some kinda spy cam?
    Seconded, where do you get them from?

Rides
    That footage is really impressive especially for the money.

Where you get that from then?

Rides
    i've updated the original post with the Ebay seller i bought mine from, just one thing i should warn you about. the timestamp at the bottom of the camera cannot be disabled. but honestly, is it that big of a problem?

Rides
    just bought 2 thanks for link
    £9.46 tho not £8

Rides
    oh, it also takes 5 Megapixel Photos. pretty much the same as a mobile phone

Rides
    Awesome find Liam, Gonna get a few to try out as helmet cams and to see how well they work at capturing Downhill in forests and stuff Might stick one onto my frame somewhere as well for the banter

Rides
    brilliant find dude just ordered one for the car

Rides
    That's brilliant Liam, ordered one too

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    oh, it also takes 5 Megapixel Photos.
    Quick send it to Apple

Rides
    Ordered one too - saw it over on Bikechat but haven't got round to doing it yet, so since I've spotted this it's the ideal opportunity

Rides
    Nice find, I was looking for something like this

Rides
    im just going to buy one look how many he has now sold in the last 2 hours lol

edit thats 17 now including mine
    Last edited by Chris_13; 02-03-2010 at 21:58.

Rides
    Nice!

Check this out

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hidden-Pen-Cam...item27af45c76c

Took me a while to find the camera!

Rides
    Ordering

Rides
    I was shown these about two weeks an saw actually footage recently, the quality is outstanding, made even more impressive with the size of them

Rides
    Good find, a couple on thier way to me for the weekender

Rides
    FFS - why didn't we just SXOC group buy them

For the cost of the individual postage they've probably given them away