Thread: Flocking

Rides

Flocking

I just got a quote for flocking my Dash, Door Cards and Center Console from www.Autoflock.co.uk and i was actually suprised at the price to be honest... £305 inc collection and delivery which i thought was pretty good considering the size of the items. All work is warrantied and all work is documented and accompanied with a photo diary of the work being done..

I am in no way affiliated with them but thought it was a very good deal.

Rides
    Have you gone ahead with this mate? The only reason I say is that one of our undergraduates here at Vauxhall does proper quality flocking in his spare time and I'd hazard a guess that he'd be 2/3 the price of that, although it wouldn't include collection and delivery.

He's demoing on mine at the moment and I'd be happy to transport for you as I'm up in Mansfield every other week.

Rides
    ah cool matey.. I havnt gone ahead with it but would definately be interested.. you have pm

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Have you gone ahead with this mate? The only reason I say is that one of our undergraduates here at Vauxhall does proper quality flocking in his spare time and I'd hazard a guess that he'd be 2/3 the price of that, although it wouldn't include collection and delivery.

He's demoing on mine at the moment and I'd be happy to transport for you as I'm up in Mansfield every other week.
    Thats pretty tempting. How long does it take him to do? My Aunt lives in Northampton so I could drive down rip out the dash and then refit it and drive back and have a wee break at the same time. Could you get me a rough idea of cost as well please mate

Rides
    Can do mate, I think tho that'll have to be it for me getting prices for people. I'll send on his information to people in future but I'm wary of looking like I'm trying to trade. YHPM.

Rides
    There's an outfit on Skylineowners in the trader section that does flocking, and his prices seemed to be very good. Can't vouch for the workmanship though as I've never seen his work. Might be worth a look.

Rides
    My friend does it ... this is his business http://atouchofflock.co.uk/

He is the tits, hes flocked engine bays, covers, alloys, exhausts, interiors ect... Top notch stuff.

Rides
    Flocked exhaust!?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mossyg View Post
    My friend does it ... this is his business http://atouchofflock.co.uk/

He is the tits, hes flocked engine bays, covers, alloys, exhausts, interiors ect... Top notch stuff.
    His website is shockingly poo.

Would like a load of stuff flocked myself, seen a few guys on Zilvia giving it a go themselves, anyone tried?

Rides
    Someone find me a photo of a flocked S13 dash wanna see if I want it lol

Rides
    redlinezak has done his own flocking before, pics in his thread. its a very messy process though. i can get flocking done cheap, shame your not more local. would probably be able to get it done a fair bit cheaper than what you got quoted.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chopaholic View Post
    Flocking useless....

Rides
    My mate does flocking. £120 for a full dash or £100 + exchange. Amazing job. PM if interested.

Rides

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nash`s View Post
    redlinezak has done his own flocking before, pics in his thread. its a very messy process though. i can get flocking done cheap, shame your not more local. would probably be able to get it done a fair bit cheaper than what you got quoted.
    Don't bother with a DIY flocking kit unless you are only doing a very small area. It will look patchy and pretty crap. It will look even more crap when you see a professionally done dash

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chopaholic View Post

Would like a load of stuff flocked myself, seen a few guys on Zilvia giving it a go themselves, anyone tried?
    yeah its currently being revamped!