Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steve, fc tuning????

Rides

Steve, fc tuning????

Sorry if this post is in the wrong forum.

I have ordered a re-map from steve saddler from fc tuning for my s14. He was supposed to send me a base map so i can fit my injectors and z32 and drive it to the rolling road. But he has gone of the grid, I have tried communicating with him but both numbers are down and no reply from email.

m: 07710 561615
    t: 020 78707549
    e: steve@fctuning.com
    skype me: steve_s13

Guys what the hell am i supposed to do, he has alot of my money and i have nothing to show for it!!!

Rides
    This guy is a good guy and so dont worry about your money or map because he will do it. He is just sooo busy because he is very good. Hes probably abroad somewhere mapping cars. He will do what he said he will do. Ive used him in the past with very good results

Rides
    That makes me feel a little better and i really hope your right. Just seems odd both numbers are disconnected!

Rides
    Did you pay up front for a map??

Rides
    As stupid as i sounds but yes. But he said i would need a base map to get the car to him because of the injectors and z32, and he couldnt do it unless i paid for the map upfront.

Rides
    Have you been on DW, he responds more there then on SXOC?

Rides
    Okay i shall try on there also, thanks

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzomagic View Post
    Have you been on DW, he responds more there then on SXOC?
    He is banned from here so DW is probably the best bet

Rides
    He isnt banned for bad reasons btw only because he communicated in a trader form and wasnt a official trader so was banned.

Hes a good guy and im sure you will be very very happy with the results.

Rides
    Okay thanks guys, hope he is just busy!

Rides
    He isn't as good as everyone makes out, my mate got his car mapped there weren't running very well, then went to jez and now its 100 times better. Also steve locked his ecu so no one else could touch it and wouldnt give him the code so he had to wipe it clean and completely start again!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky3510 View Post
    He isn't as good as everyone makes out, my mate got his car mapped there weren't running very well, then went to jez and now its 100 times better. Also steve locked his ecu so no one else could touch it and wouldnt give him the code so he had to wipe it clean and completely start again!
    I can kinda understand a mapper locking his work, so that no one can just go round copying it, but then again a custom map is different for every car, and at the end of the day its your ECU.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam00 View Post
    I can kinda understand a mapper locking his work, so that no one can just go round copying it, but then again a custom map is different for every car, and at the end of the day its your ECU.
    What's the point in copying a custom map? Would be as good as a base map!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky3510 View Post
    I had pretty much the opposite experience. I think the same thing can be said for any UK tuners really!

Surely another tuner should have started a fresh map anyway as opposed to just modifying a map done by someone else?

Anyway, he's well known and (arguably) well respected around the tuning scene, so he won't run off with your money. He's usually pretty good with emails/calls but he might be really busy or something.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam00 View Post
    i would be pretty pissed if someone locked MY ecu

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by clive View Post
    i would be pretty pissed if someone locked MY ecu
    I would assume all tuners would lock their tune, which the Nistune does allow.

Does Jez not do the same on his Nistune tunes?

Rides
    People that dont understand mapping your ECUs wouldnt understand the point of locking etc. If a map was correct then why not lock it. Job done sorted. Be patient my friend im sure he will be in contact soon. He is very very good at what he does hence why he is so busy

Rides
    I assume he has full liability insurance and the like for doing this?

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by riske View Post
    He isnt banned for bad reasons btw only because he communicated in a trader form and wasnt a official trader so was banned.
    Sorry Riske, but ignoring the admin on here and continuing to trade "under the radar" is bad reasons as far as Im concerned. Everyone else contributes to the running of this club - Id hope traders would see fit to as well.

Id also argue that if you had paid for a map it becoms your property so shouldnt really be locked - I know the mappers Ive used wouldnt lock it anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Id also argue that if you had paid for a map it becoms your property so shouldnt really be locked - I know the mappers Ive used wouldnt lock it anyway
    For a Jez chip, they are not lockable (are they?), so guess it wouldnt be possible to do anyways?

However Nistune is lockable, if Jez and others lock 'their' Nistune tunes also they are no different???