Thread: "Stock" multi CD changer not working...?

Rides

"Stock" multi CD changer not working...?

Firstly, what's the stock cd changer in the s14a? I have a clarion 6 cd one. seems a little battered and the cover is broken. looks like someone just shoved it in there. is this the stock one?

anyway, it's not functioning properly. i had both ends of the wire connected but nothing at all.

I know that's not enough info on electrical related problems, but any regular checks would help.

Can I take it outta the car and test it another way to see if there's life in it at all?

Rides
    a sony 10 disc came in mine, think thats the standard one as its included in my owners folder,

i hafta say i bloody hate mine with a passion, cant play a cd without the damn thing jumping, im on standard suspension.....,if i accelerate quick, it jumps, if i go over cats eyes on the motorway, it jumps, if i brake hard, it jumps, i am a gnats hair length away from pulling over, ripping it out and throwing it under a lorry....rant over

i would say just get rid of the damn thing and buy a cd case instead

Rides
    earlier cars had a Clarion setup, later ones had Sony. To be honest CD players aren't designed to last 10 years! Probably time for a new one.

Rides
    lol, they're not very good then. I got a 6 cd changer in my bora and it works great!

Think I'll scrap the cd changer, as I've got mp3 playability on my HU.