Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63

Thread: Suggestions thread

  1. #41
    Member Daz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    16,948
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    I think we will name it the Daz

    I see what you're saying about the concave etc. It's likely 2 moulds would be made, one for front type sizes and 1 for rear, and a few different offsets from each.

    I am really liking them though - you're a star
    Ah I have no idea how they make wheels, I thought it was a different mould for each size.
    Aren't I good to you , spent probably about 10 hours in total on all of those, that would be 500 at work lol.

    Just don't call it DAZ, thats already taken


  2. #42
    Guest cChance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hemel Hempstead
    Posts
    1,451
    Rides
    0
    Im liking the most recent ones just posted by "Daz" are definately very very nice! Liking the difference in concave, not 100% whether i would prefer a teeny teeny bit more concave on the front, but id still part with the cash, if i had it

  3. #43
    Guest Polo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Buckinghamshire
    Posts
    5,652
    Rides
    0
    How about these!! There probs my fav wheels!! Just Rota grids with some dish prety much!




    Last edited by Polo2; 09-12-2010 at 22:06.

  4. #44
    South West Rep Evilchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    18,020
    Rides
    0
    They're pretty smart Polo

    We're just waiting for the thumbs up on forged wheels, from Rota, then designs can get more crazy and weights and keep on tumbling

    Daz, I do appreciate your efforts, hopefully this has also helped get your eye back in on your drawing program I'd say it's working a treat I'll get you some pics tomorrow of some wheels to give you an idea of what changes with different offset

  5. #45
    Member Daz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    16,948
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    They're pretty smart Polo

    We're just waiting for the thumbs up on forged wheels, from Rota, then designs can get more crazy and weights and keep on tumbling

    Daz, I do appreciate your efforts, hopefully this has also helped get your eye back in on your drawing program I'd say it's working a treat I'll get you some pics tomorrow of some wheels to give you an idea of what changes with different offset
    No worries, I look forward to the pics tomorrow to see what you mean.

    I don't mind doing more models if you need them .

    It's helping me get back into the program nicely as I've been using it for 5 days solid at work but it's been a few months since I last used it. It's the rendering program to produce stuff like this that I use for work.


  6. #46
    Guest Polo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Buckinghamshire
    Posts
    5,652
    Rides
    0
    Nothing changes with offset, its the width that changes the look of the wheel.

    From my understanding, youl have one mold for each width, then once out of the mold the flat face is machined that mates to the hub, how much is machined off is what changes the offset. Obviously the wheel nut holes are also cut at this stage to, so they get the correct depth engaugment for differant offsets.

  7. #47
    South West Rep Evilchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    18,020
    Rides
    0
    That's largely the case Polo.

    It's sort of hard to put in words, I'll throw up a couple of pics in the morning.

    Most people dont realise that a 9.5 ET12 has the same concave as 9.5 ET35. Yes the 9.5 could probably have loads more, if the same mould didn't need to produce the ET35... This is potentially where centrelock wheels and hub adapters come in, as they'll be the easiest things to do spacers for ever

  8. #48
    Guest
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,569
    Rides
    0
    polo that strawberry faced rs13 is sexual....

  9. #49
    Member Daz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    16,948
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    Nothing changes with offset, its the width that changes the look of the wheel.

    From my understanding, youl have one mold for each width, then once out of the mold the flat face is machined that mates to the hub, how much is machined off is what changes the offset. Obviously the wheel nut holes are also cut at this stage to, so they get the correct depth engaugment for differant offsets.
    Thanks Paul.

    I thought I'd search youtube and it saves the day for me. Very impressive stuff, that flowforming looks pretty cool.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq1Yy...eature=related

  10. #50
    Guest Polo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Buckinghamshire
    Posts
    5,652
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by remo View Post
    polo that strawberry faced rs13 is sexual....
    Strawberry? Where?? Its s14a face not s15 lol

  11. #51
    Member Daz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    16,948
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    Strawberry? Where?? Its s14a face not s15 lol
    and it's a PS13 not an RS13

  12. #52
    Member zeppelin101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    9,738
    Rides
    0
    Ooo this looks like a good excuse to start messing about with 3DS Max again. I think I'll have a play over the weekend

  13. #53
    South West Rep Evilchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    18,020
    Rides
    0
    Here we go:

    18x9.5 ET12:


    18x9.5 ET30:



    As you can see, same size, same concave, just different in the very centre

  14. #54
    South West Rep Evilchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    18,020
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    It's helping me get back into the program nicely as I've been using it for 5 days solid at work but it's been a few months since I last used it. It's the rendering program to produce stuff like this that I use for work.
    Looks like your work has nice textures for everything except carpet

  15. #55
    Member Daz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    16,948
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    As you can see, same size, same concave, just different in the very centre
    Ah yeah. I see what you mean now. So its the back section where the studs come through just moves to suit the offset.

    I'll have another go a doing the slipstreams based on that then. The more concaved the better yeah

  16. #56
    South West Rep Evilchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    18,020
    Rides
    0
    Yeah, concave is good. Generally you can have concave, or you can have dish. If you have both, the offsets and widths go wild, for a wheel that will have to be produced and sold in numbers rather than random one-off sets like some brands, they cant be too insane

  17. #57
    Member Daz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    16,948
    Rides
    0
    Oh, Ben, can you measure the depth of the fixing holes where the studs come through

  18. #58
    South West Rep Evilchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    18,020
    Rides
    0
    The bit that's just hole is about 6mm. On top of that is the 60 degree taper where the nuts sit.

    The thickness of the centre part is approx. 18mm overall, curved at the edges where it joins the spoked parts rather than being a 90 degree step.

    Does that make sense? All this talk of nuts and holes is making me worry about myself

  19. #59
    Member Daz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    16,948
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    The bit that's just hole is about 6mm. On top of that is the 60 degree taper where the nuts sit.

    The thickness of the centre part is approx. 18mm overall, curved at the edges where it joins the spoked parts rather than being a 90 degree step.

    Does that make sense? All this talk of nuts and holes is making me worry about myself
    Makes perfect sense .

    It's friday so go to your missus and discuss your nuts and holes lol.

  20. #60
    Member Daz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    16,948
    Rides
    0
    Ben, got one more question for you. What is the min distance from the mounting face to the back edge of the spoke? I'm guessing about 15-20mm for that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •