Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Dare's 14A Project - The Middle

Rides
    Thanks guys, I was just worried about going too far with the sanding and having to respray it again, but in the end I knew that i'd never be happy leaving it how it was so had to go all or nothing.
    There's some very fine scratches that still need removing but that picture really doesn't show off how crystal the reflection now is, happy to take it to the Weekender now

Rides
    Dp

Rides
    Looks like an excellent job there dude!!

Your 14 is really coming along... hope I get to see both you and the car soon. Gutted you missed our last Trafford Centre meet

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by James_S15 View Post
    Looks like an excellent job there dude!!

Your 14 is really coming along... hope I get to see both you and the car soon. Gutted you missed our last Trafford Centre meet
    Believe me I was dead set on making that, but then both the mates that I would have gone with dropped out due to money troubles and I just didn't fancy turning up all on my lonesome
    Will watch out for the next opportunity, how can I pass on the chance to see yours in the flesh!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dare View Post
    Believe me I was dead set on making that, but then both the mates that I would have gone with dropped out due to money troubles and I just didn't fancy turning up all on my lonesome
    Will watch out for the next opportunity, how can I pass on the chance to see yours in the flesh!
    i saw james at japfest. its given me so many ideas for mine, its a beaut

Rides
    Ah gutted dude!! Don't worry next time just come anyway as Gav was there and I'm sure you know a few of teh guys now

Quote Originally Posted by wardy01 View Post
    i saw james at japfest. its given me so many ideas for mine, its a beaut
    Thanks mate - really appreciate the thumbs up!

Rides
    Mate of mine showed me a pic on his phone today saying he saw a car like mine with same wheels as mine an it was yours lol. Was parked at asda in Preston this morning I think lol. Do you work around there or live in the area as my gf lives very close to there and I'm only round the corner in Leyland?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by woods1 View Post
    Mate of mine showed me a pic on his phone today saying he saw a car like mine with same wheels as mine an it was yours lol. Was parked at asda in Preston this morning I think lol. Do you work around there or live in the area as my gf lives very close to there and I'm only round the corner in Leyland?
    Ha well I was at ASDA in Blackburn on that day if that works? I rarely leave my hometown

Rides
    What with saving for a house and having the insurance renewal coming round I haven't been able to spend much money on the car. But that hasn't stopped me working on it as I took a look at some of the bits that i've accumulated and realised it was time to sort a couple of things out.

First up was the interior which was looking a bit like a builder's yard after stripping it out. I sprayed it all black, including the inside of the boot and just generally tried to tidy it up.

You might also spot the washer bottle install that I finished this morning. I was sick and tired of the jets getting blocked and it looked like the problem was dirt getting into the washer bottle that was in my engine bay (a small one to fit by the fmic). And when I took out the old one I was proved right by the beach that came out with the water still held in it - no wonder i'd killed 2 pumps with it! So yeah now I have a super clean, if a little functional looking washer set up that is working perfectly and still wired to my stalk so the only difference is the volume of the pump now that it's behind me

I also have quite a few electronics bagged up from a while ago, a lot of gauges that I've never got round to fitting due to my fear of wiring. They're still on my to do list but I did reinstall my turbo timer, slightly more subtle this time as the stereo is now double DIN.

Hard wiring that has given me the confidence to make a start on the gauges so I should have more progress to share soon. And photos too if this weather holds up

Rides
    Hmm might steal your washer bottle idea. Interior is looking good bud. Will have to meet up soon so we can see how each others cars have changed. Mostly yours as mine hasnt changed much haha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rides
    Thanks mate, I know it's not the most professional looking change but the car is now function over form and there's all that space where the back seats were, doing nothing.

Would definitely be good to meet up, I have a few things that I keep thinking I need to compare with yours, like odd spare plugs in my bay that I don't know where they should be going to :s
    And I need to see that welding work in person, mine will need more treatment soon I reckon.

Rides
    Thanks mate, I know it's not the most professional looking change but the car is now function over form and there's all that space where the back seats were, doing nothing.

Would definitely be good to meet up, I have a few things that I keep thinking I need to compare with yours, like odd spare plugs in my bay that I don't know where they should be going to :s
    And I need to see that welding work in person, mine will need more treatment soon I reckon.
    I'm free most weekends if your ever free to meet. it was a good job that was done on mine. can pass the details of the guy on if you want. he can sort you out a friendly MOT test too.
    he also sent me picture updates of the work as he did it

Rides
    Spent a couple of hours today changing the gearbox oil, it's something i'd been avoiding for a while but turns out I shouldn't have worried, breaker bar was essential though

In other news i'm heading off to the States for 3 months for my work so I have to find a way of making sure this car is going to survive my absence...

Some recent photos of how it's sitting (might be more after the NW meet on Monday):

Rides
    Wow the states with work, that's pretty amazing !!

Car is looking good you shouldn't worry about gauge wiring you'll be fine.

Just use your multimeter an take an ignition live from the stereo cables and you can also get another live from that area for when you put the headlights on, you may have to tap into a button above your stereo tho as they are the ones that light up

Rides
    Thanks Matt, i'm really happy about it actually, California for 3 months is something that would be hard not to be pleased about I guess
    Might have to see if any car parts take my fancy when i'm over there.

Thanks for the tips on the gauges, they will get done and i'm just waiting for a weekend that's not interrupted with rain, can't believe another car show/events season is coming to an end, we have to cross paths soon!

Rides
    you lucky sod. id love to go over to the states for that long. enjoy it. ill look after your car for you lol

Rides
    They see me rollin...

My car whilst in California, actually excited to get back home already, at least to a manual!

Rides

I'm back:

Yep that's 3 months in California over with, won't bore you with photos but during the last few weeks I was making all the preparations to make sure my car was healthy by the time of the MOT today. I've been outside fixing things since I got back on Monday, the ABS wiring is sorted, along with a couple of dash lights. Also changed the front brake hard lines for new braided ones yesterday as there was pretty bad corrosion on those, hoping that's going to be enough to get it through the test today so I can relax and enjoy the car for at least another year. Can't stress how nice it is to get back to a manual with some power behind it

Rides
    Welcome home bud

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicmat View Post
    Welcome home bud
    Thanks Matt, looks like you have me on here for another year