Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The get me to the Nürburgring project.

Rides
    Amazing work so far, im trying to do the same but sadly doing it all on a drive so not as through, will be reading this to the end!. Keep up the great work. Wish I was able and had the means to do the same to mine!

Rides
    Cheers mate,

I feel your pain, i started mine in a powerless garage.

Rides
    Not a massive update but it feels like i have passed a massive hurdle as at last the sills are complete thanks to some MK3 Fiesta jobs from ford.

Still some grinding and filling to do but for now they look like so.

Also decided that as i have gone this far, to paint it with the windows in would be criminal. So out they came. Cue the man from Autoglass

Those back windows are a pig to get out. Then it was off with the rear subframe again so i can finish off and underseal the rest of the car now the sills are all sealed up. Next job after that is to prep for paint inside and out. Sure that will be fun. Also have finally decided on a colour and cant go back as it has been ordered and delivered. Also you may notice the big line of filler. Well a repair in the past left the swage line as level as the North Sea in a storm, so i have decided to smooth the body and take the lines out.

As it stands now. Gheto engineering at it's best.

Rides
    Just another quick update

Spent most of the afternoon on my back rolling around the floor. But now the entire underside has been seam sealed. Letting it cure then will paint and underseal tomorrow.

Missed out the parts on the left where the exhaust runs close incase it decides to melt.

Rides
    Love the attention to detail mate keep up the good work!

Rides
    Cheers mate.

Attention to detail is nice when you see the end result, but sometimes doing the jobs can be a right PITA. LOL

Rides
    Another small update as i can only carry out a few hours work at a time at the moment.

Let all the seam sealer cure overnight then went back and painted over the whole bottom of the car with black paint. After that lot had cured i then undersealed the car front to back twice. This was with the spray on stuff the wont dry out and flake off. I have a tin of brush on thick stuff that i will probably apply to the bits on the outer side of the chassis rails, where no bits go on.

Looks like this now

Then as my tank straps are goosed i set about making new ones. Got 2 bits of steel cut to the correct dimensions to start with. Total cost of 2 euro's

Old V's New

Drilled out the spot welds on the old brackets and cleaned them up ready to re spot weld back on

then bent over the other end and welded the lot up.

All that was left was to cut off the excess, drill the hole back in, then primer. This was as far as i got and i forgot to take a pic of it finished so will post up once complete. All in not bad for about 5 quid once you count in primer and paint. And the rubbers fit back on perfect.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kingj View Post
    Love the attention to detail mate keep up the good work!
    As said above, I can just imagine the satisfaction when you stand back and look, great job.

Rides
    Cheers,

It has been a roller coaster i wont lie. There is massive satisfaction when one job is complete but then a slump when you start ripping the next bit apart and find problems. Cant wait till all the ripping apart has finished.

Rides
    Managed to get a few bits done recently before i am forced to have a break from it.

Finished the tank straps.

Cleaned up and got some Hammerite on the fuel tank.

Cleaned the fuel tank surround thingy

And got some fuel lines made up.

That is all for now. Work have decided i would be better employed elsewhere till June, so will be taking a little break from working on the car for a bit. But due to other commitments when i get back, the car needs to be road going before August Can it be done?

Rides
    So now i am back i have been able to get some bit done to the car again.

First up i managed to source all the parts needed from a couple of scrappers to fix the centre windscreen wiper pivot and it now looks good as new Well almost.

Then i decided to test out my spray gun and re do my subframe. So everything came off and it now looks like so,

Then it was just a case of putting everything back together.

Fuel pipe going on

Rear end almost complete

Rides
    Then all the parts had to get ready to spray,

And the car had to be rubbed down and filled

with a few repairs to be carried out

but now a few parts have managed to see some primer

along with some parts of the car that are finished

All thats left to do now before paint is finish off some filler work and get the rest of the car in primer. I hope by the end of the month to have some colour on it.

Rides
    Well it's been a while but i can finally start to see the end.

Engine has been tarted up a bit and put back together with the gearbox. It now sits back where it belongs

New timing belt and tensioners and genuine nissan water pump

Putting it all back together

and finished ready to get put back in

Then it was dropped in

And apart from the addition of a propshaft, and the fuel and power steering lines all p clipped away, this is pretty much how the underside is looking now.

Rides
    It also contains all the oils and coolant that it needs and has had 30L of fresh v power racing put into the tank, which was drained first.

Just waiting on the battery charging and tomorrow i am living in hope that it will fire up

Rides
    Quick update before work.

It's been an emotional couple of weeks, but it's a couple of trim panels from finished

Here she is

Better pics to come once all the panels are back on and I get my good camera out.

Rides
    Nice project. When do you plan on taking it to the ring?

Rides
    Cheers.

Was supposed to be this year but with winter fast approaching it will be next summer now. Give me a chance to fit the other parts that i have managed to get hold off since finishing, such as an Apex FMC.

Rides
    Seen this car in the flesh last night when Jono picked up the ultralites off me and it's a nice car! The white wheels will go really well with the blue paint!
    Was good meeting u mate

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Ah I do remember your thread now its been bumped Jono! Car does look good in the flesh, good to have a good re-read!