Thread: NW Alignment Service - ongoing

Rides

NW Alignment Service - ongoing

NW Alignment Service

As you probably noticed we have tried to arrange an Alignment Day, but this has been hit by a number of issues, mostly people seem to need it doing at different dates.

It's also hard to find someone to take a lot of cars on a given day and have the correct equipment and expertise.

Therefore we've come to an agreement with Nigel Langs Garage in Bolton. This is a central location that has good feedback from members who have used the aligment service.

http://www.nigellangsgarage.co.uk/wheel_alignment.htm

There is an agreed club rate of £65 plus Vat and will include three sets of adjustsments and a decent amount of time. They won't charge us for every angle change like some places, but if a car has to go over the generous time limit they give he'll charge it at £10 per 15 mins, the lowest rate he can do.

To get this rate you need to book in directly with the garage :

Nigel Lang's Garage
    164 Crook Street
    Bolton
    BL3 6AS
    Tel: 01204 392995

You'll need to be a member to get this rate, and please tell him that you are a member of the Nissan 200sx Owners Club and you'd like the alignment at the agreed club rate.

The only downside is that we can't claim a £5 subsidy each as it's not an event, but hopefully the extra flexibility of this service will outweight that. Generally the garage would need a few days notice, but for a Saturday best to give about two weeks notice to book your place.

We have three waiting to use the service at the moment, he can fit two in this Sat 6th, and one on Friday 5th which I think is exactly what is needed. So the sooner you phone him the sooner your place is confirmed, you don't need to pay a deposit.

Please let others know what you think of the service

2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Thanks for this Scottie - hopefully this will prove to be a good relationship for both the SXOC and Nigel Lang's

I'll give him a call tomorrow and get mine booked in

Rides
    Yep, I've tried a good few places.

Two other good ones are obviously DCMS, but I've spoken to Graham and he is snowed under, and also Demon Tweeks, but they are quite far from some and also want us to get at least 7 or 8 for a club day.

Other tuners we know and like don't do the alignment on site, so that has an effect on price. All in all I think it should be a good deal for both sides. As soon as I get some new suspension I'll be going myself

Rides
    Great news will get mine booked in this week/next , thanks for sorting it Scottie

Rides
    Got mine booked in for the 13th in the end as this weekend was looking a bit busy.

Will report back when it's complete

Rides
    Well a big thanks to Scottie for spending the time sorting this out. Got my alignment done today. Well pleased.
    Garage was real helpful and friendly. Had no problems. Well be back next time I need it doing.

Rides
    Great, thanks for the feedback, I'll be going there as well soonish.

Have only ever heard good things about them.

Rides
    Got my alignment sorted on Saturday and really pleased with the service. The alignment guy Peter was very friendly and showed an interest in the car, and clearly knew what he was doing. They even had the Whiteline sport settings for the S14 already in their computer!

Will be going back next time I need it doing .

Rides
    are these the guys that do alot of stuff on mx5s?

ive hear dof them before. ive got an mx5 runabout which pulls to one side and has some very stange camber on one of the front wheels!

also have my s13 just waiting for a paint job and that will be back on the road ;-)

Rides
    Booked my car in for tomorrow Quick one did any of you get charged extra for ride hight adjustment ?

They have told me that it may be extra

Rides
    Well took the car in to NL, picked her up last night and although I have not driven it much at the moment, it feels much better . Had good chat with peter before hand (nice chap) also asked him to have a look see if he could see any other issues which he was happy to do. In the end I have came away happy and would recommend them in the future
    Last edited by Robbhp; 16-03-2011 at 14:32. Reason: spelling

Rides
    What price did you pay in the end Rob, if you don't mind me asking? Did they play with your ride height?

Rides
    No not at all, had a front tie rod that was stuck on and i had them adjust the rear ride hight, came in at £118.00 in the end so £20 more than i though it would be but it has transformed my car. Having said that me and a mate had set the alignment up by eye and done a piss poor job at that LOL so anything was going to be better.

Rides
    Used these guys today, well what can I say top notch Peter is a decent bloke who appreciates cars that are a little different from the norm

Thoroughly recommend them

Rides
    Mines booked in for monday morning so will let you know how the MPS gets on

Cheers Scottie.

Rides
    Been this morning to NL and great service from Peter. Would definately recommend these guys again

Rides
    shall be attending soon myself as i have changed alot on the ceffy so need it doing cheer scottie

Rides
    will be going myself very soon as well, subframe back on and 10/8 coilies now

Rides
    I spent nearly 3 hours in there on Tuesday, I can only echo what others have said now I have tried this service myself.

The car was setup spot on, feels really good, and they are friendly, professional and genuine enthusiasts as well.

I like the extra touch's you'd not normally notice, like extending the arms past the required point so they can grease the threads to keep them moving freely over time. Sign of good quality workmanship

Rides
    Had alignment setup by Peter today.. spot on service as usual. Forgot to mention the club rate (doh!) but spent a fair amount of time in there so probably wouldn't have saved a great amount anyway .

They have started doing the alignment for Japspeed's cars now too