Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ticket prices seem to have gone up a lot!!!

Rides

Ticket prices seem to have gone up a lot!!!

PRICES 2011:

1 lap: € 24,00

4 laps: € 89,00, incl. € 10,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 1 ring°werk ticket

15 laps: € 310,00, incl. € 20,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 1 ring°werk ticket

25 laps: € 470,00, incl. € 30,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 1 ring°werk ticket

Season ticket: € 1.350,00, incl. € 100,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 2 ring°werk ticket
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    LOL, obviously they would with all the issues.

Stu@GarageSR, Aberdeen GarageSR's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    If the price per lap increases to such a level that its no longer financially feasable (sp?) for normal folks to journey out and the numbers drop drastically then there will be no option as the cost of maintaining such a huge track will far outweigh the incoming revenue. I'm all for paying a few extra quid for my laps, provided that the extra I'm paying is in line with the obvious increase in running costs....everything gets more expensive after all.

But what I, and I'm sure 99% of all who support the ring, grudge is the ticket price increasing by more than a quarter to help pay the debt owed by the so called entrepreneurs who arsed up their theme park? Which, tbh, the ring didn't need in the first place. You want a theme park...go to WB movie world up the road or Eurodisney. You want to drive on the greatest track in the world (well, in my experience anyway.....never driven on a track outside Europe but hey ho) go to the ring. Plenty to see and do if you are taking a day off from racing any way.

Seems like I wasn't far off then, and this is just the start

Clickme

Rides
    That, in my mind is quite expensive now.........
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    You might as well just do a trackday at Spa
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Indeed, made me wonder if its worth going tbh
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    You might as well just do a trackday at Spa
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake Ben Taylor View Post
    Indeed, made me wonder if its worth going tbh
    And so beginneth the end. Not good

Clickme

Rides
    Still worth going in my opinion, I can't see it will raise much more money, perhaps just make the track a little emptier - no bad thing.

Rides
    A trackday at Spa is going to be similar to a 15 lap ticket, and the 15 lap ticket would do you for three days when you take into account track closures, passenger rides in other peoples cars etc.

In fact I only did 8 laps last time over Sat evening, Sunday day, and one evening session.

Rides
    Im sure I did 12+ laps in a day. Id rather go to the Ring than Spa.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bren View Post
    Spa is epic too, Eau rouge

But the ring is just awesome, however many laps you manage to get in in a day

Clickme

Rides
    It does depend how clear of accidents the days are

I'd rather Ring than Spa.

Spa is a great track, but the Ring is Mecca for people like us. The surrounding villages and atmosphere of the whole area make it.

Rides
    1 lap 24 euro's, so say it takes me 15mins to drive round, it would cost me nearly £200 for 2 hours driving time? I'd rather do a full trackday in the uk for that cash.

Rides
    If you were sharing passenger rides with people, can you share tickets? For example, use a 15lap ticket between 2 people as long as you're both not out on track at the same time.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    1 lap 24 euro's, so say it takes me 15mins to drive round, it would cost me nearly £200 for 2 hours driving time? I'd rather do a full trackday in the uk for that cash.
    Youre nuts if you think any UK track would be a better day than a day at the Ring. When you get a good go at attacking the Ring its out of this world. No UK track Ive been to can come anywhere near the thrill of driving the Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Madda View Post
    If you were sharing passenger rides with people, can you share tickets? For example, use a 15lap ticket between 2 people as long as you're both not out on track at the same time.
    Yep.

Rides
    To echo Brens comments, you can't even begin to compare a sanitised UK racetrack (or even Spa) to the Ring, it's a different, rather fantastic world entirely, and just has to be experienced

I don't suppose it's worth mentioning how much petrol you get through during a lap, there are lots of gradients
    Currently scrabble powered - Leon Cupra 280

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Madda View Post
    When you buy laps you get a credit card type bit of plastic, this has your allocation on, and you swipe it at barriers to get on, just like the M6 toll road.

Last year someone bought a card with lots on and a few of us shared the laps out.

Rides
    Youre nuts if you think any UK track would be a better day than a day at the Ring. When you get a good go at attacking the Ring its out of this world. No UK track Ive been to can come anywhere near the thrill of driving the Ring.
    I didn't say better, I said cost wise. Not all of us have loads and loads of spare cash sitting in the bank account to splash out on trackdays.

I was simply pointing out that for someone like me looking at doing trackdays would rule out the ring due to the cost. Not really great at helping the ring get out of debt. I've never been to the ring but will do at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by SteA View Post
    To echo Brens comments, you can't even begin to compare a sanitised UK racetrack (or even Spa) to the Ring, it's a different, rather fantastic world entirely, and just has to be experienced

I don't suppose it's worth mentioning how much petrol you get through during a lap, there are lots of gradients
    Well I wasn't even talking about the experience of driving the ring , as above, was talking about the cost of it.

Rides
    I didn't say better, I said cost wise. Not all of us have loads and loads of spare cash sitting in the bank account to splash out on trackdays.

I was simply pointing out that for someone like me looking at doing trackdays would rule out the ring due to the cost. Not really great at helping the ring get out of debt. I've never been to the ring but will do at some point.

Well I wasn't even talking about the experience of driving the ring , as above, was talking about the cost of it.
    If you are talking about the cost you have to look at the quality of what you are getting for it.

If you could spend a night with Kerry katona for £20 or Cameron Diaz for £25, you wouldn't think twice about the fiver would you

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    If you are talking about the cost you have to look at the quality of what you are getting for it.

If you could spend a night with Kerry katona for £20 or Cameron Diaz for £25, you wouldn't think twice about the fiver would you
    Do I get a discount if I have both of them