Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suarez V Terry

Rides

Suarez V Terry

As a casual observer of the overpaid, under achieving set.

why has Suarez got an 8 match ban based on one persons account and no other witnesses. Something that would not stand up in court and infact would never get to court.

But

Terry's case is strong enough for a prosecution but no ban? Not even a suspension.

Can someone explain?

Rides
    The FA re not really involved in the terry case yet, if he fails in court they'll be involved as they don't need to decide his guilt/innocence. You can't have a national or club captain that's been convicted of racism.
    No one made a complaint to the police over the suarez case, so no police involvement, whereas I think some fans reported the terry case to the police.

Rides
    The difference is that Terry is a mildly annoying cnut whilst Suarez is a cheating, player biting, grade A cnut.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Silane View Post
    The difference is that Terry is a mildly annoying cnut whilst Suarez is a cheating, player biting, grade A cnut.
    There is that.
    He's more than mildly annoying, though.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezz_S13 View Post
    No one made a complaint to the police over the suarez case, so no police involvement, whereas I think some fans reported the terry case to the police.
    ...........or maybe not

http://network.yardbarker.com/soccer...vealed/8850439

Rides
    That's a scouse conspiracy site.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezz_S13 View Post
    There is that.
    He's more than mildly annoying, though.
    True. Relatively speaking, he is mildly annoying.

Rides
    Suarez did admit to using a particular word though, but maintains that it wasn't meant offensively. Only one person in the world knows if he's lying and that's himself.

Suarez is a bloody good footballer, so it's a shame he spoils it by being such a nasty piece of work .

Rides
    Terry can kiss his England career goodbye if he is found guilty and looking at the video i cant see how he going to talk his way out of it

I wonder if he shook Antons hand afterwards
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Apparently in his country calling a black person by the 'N' word is complementary.

or racism is so rampant in his country that they use it as a complement as well as insult

Rides
    I'm finding it hard to believe what the respective clubs have come out with. Liverpool aren't doing themselves any favours with their antics and should keep the comments to a minimumn while they decide whether to appeal or not. If they appeal and it is overturned then by all means release statements in defense of him and criticising the committee but at the moment he's guilty, no ifs, buts or maybees.

Chelsea, well after the Ashley Cole air riffle incident a while back it's quite clear the players can do as they please and face no punishment so their stance on Terry is no surprise. I wonder if the FA will have the balls to charge him if he is found guilty.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl_S13 View Post
    I'm finding it hard to believe what the respective clubs have come out with. Liverpool aren't doing themselves any favours with their antics and should keep the comments to a minimumn while they decide whether to appeal or not. If they appeal and it is overturned then by all means release statements in defense of him and criticising the committee but at the moment he's guilty, no ifs, buts or maybees.

Chelsea, well after the Ashley Cole air riffle incident a while back it's quite clear the players can do as they please and face no punishment so their stance on Terry is no surprise. I wonder if the FA will have the balls to charge him if he is found guilty.
    I doubt it - he'll probably get fined his weekly champagne budget and told to do some cummunity appearances at suitably ethnic venues whilst wearing a nuns habit. Whilst the club continue to support him bringing in their own lip readers proving he was asking ferdinand how his mum was after her particularly nasty bout of cystitus.

Rides
    Nope terry is a bigger Cnut. Suarez has some talent at least.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzomagic View Post
    lol, even as a Chelsea fan I'd admit Mr Terry is not a shining example to others but even the most blinkered surely has to admit he's been one of the best defenders in the Prem for the last decade

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzomagic View Post
    How many players has Terry bitten?

How many teams has Terry denied the chance of progressing in the world cup by deliberately sticking both hands out like a keeper would?

I agree that Terry is a cnut but Suarez is more of a cnut IMO. Plus he plays for Liverpool....
    Last edited by Silane; 23-12-2011 at 15:19. Reason: Typo

Rides
    How many players had Terry bitten?

How many teams has Terry denied the chance of progressing in the world cup by deliberately sticking both hands out like a keeper would?

I agree that Terry is a cnut but Suarez is more of a cnut IMO. Plus he plays for Liverpool....
    Defoe bit Mascharano.

And what player wouldnt have done the same in the WC if it meant saving your team getting knocked out?

If you watched the game back focusing on Suarez and Evra, then Evra should be the one getting banned. He loves to accuse people of racism. Absolute shithouse of a player

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JulesS14200 View Post
    Defoe bit Mascharano.

And what player wouldnt have done the same in the WC if it meant saving your team getting knocked out?

If you watched the game back focusing on Suarez and Evra, then Evra should be the one getting banned. He loves to accuse people of racism. Absolute shithouse of a player
    Is Defoe the same person as Terry then? Not quite sure what point you're trying to make with that one?

I've had the discussion about the handball with people before. How can anyone justify cheating? Especially denying the other team a clear goal. Only a complete cnut could happily live with the consequences of that and even smile after the incident.

I can't comment on the racism and Evra situation because I have not see in but, yes, I do agree Evra that is a knob. That doesn't make Suarez and less of a cnut though.

Rides
    Just saying I dont remember everyone going on and on about Defoe biting another player for ages afterwards!?

And I bet most players in that position would have handled it, its an instant reaction in that situation. Football players want to win, and will do anything to do it.

I didnt notice Thierry Henry telling the ref he had handballed twice to knock Ireland out of the WC finals.

8 games is a joke decision. The positive is Andy Carroll will get a run of games and transform his Liverpool career

Rides
    And evra said in his evidence he didnt think Suarez was a racist, and admitted he had abused Suarez.

So why isnt evra banned?

Rides
    I'm not the FA so I have no idea.

Are you suggesting that Suarez is a lovely, honest chap who is the victim in all of this?

Do you support Liverpool?