Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: RockNRolla

Rides
    Oooohh and the above comments on Exhausts I gave the Buddyclub spec II a miss but i purchased a Kakimoto exhaust of a member on DW.

I have heard nothing but good reviews for these exhausts , it will be around 96db but with the induction noise being easily louder than that on my car im sure it will be ok just can't wait to hear some sound from it

Rides
    These turned up for me the other day

Toda 11.3:1 ratio pistons , H-beam rods with ARP bolts and ARP headstud and nut kit

Rides
    Some serious kit there.

48mm carbs?! I thought my 45 were a bit too big and they were choked down to like 35mm. It must sound awesome, Kind of miss the sound and smell of carbs.

Also I'm in much the same position engine-wise 20v, f20c, SR20 or origonal 16v. I think my current 16v is on it's last legs as it has bad compression and quite alot of blue smoke on start, Trying to some up the costs wether it's worth paying to get the 16v rebuilt or just buy a 20v and get more power out the box and and scrap the 16v. (Not litrally it has HKS cams )
    Last edited by Ness; 03-02-2012 at 23:12.

Rides
    Cheers dude

Yeah the Mikuni carbs have been fine the car always ran well up until it went bang lol . Its the most awesome sound in the world hearing the open carbs howl as it hit 8k , I may change back to fuel injection at a later date as im using megajolt and coilpacks to run it all so would be easy to switch back i guess.

F20c and SR20 are wierd ones for me , I was convinced they would be better options but well part of the charm of these cars is the 4age hence why im rebuilding the 16v motor , 20v conversion would be cheaper for sure and 160bhp and ITB's out of the box but when you start to want more your just going to end up spending the same amount as you would on a 16v so its a tuff call to make.

Rides
    New ignition system so i can run Zetec coil pack and get rid of the dirty un reliable dizzy and single coil. Will allow for finer tuning of the ignition timing wich should make the car drive a lot crisper ,smoother , also i can plug water temp / oil temp sensors back in and be that little more reliable (hopefully). We just got to get it all wired in now lol

And the block is back from having the machine work done so it and the the sump pan have been treated to a lick of paint.

also found myself a cheap bride seat to stick in because im a JDM whore and the K-sport although comfortable doesn't satisfiy me at all lol

Rides
    ah man are those ARP bolts headbolts? I got sent the 16v ones and theyre wrong so I can sort you out for cheap....

I used to have the red label kakimoto on my ae111. Loud!

Rides
    Yeah dude ARP headstud and and nut kit , also got ARP mains to so covered but cheers though

Cool i like loud but it will have to be mega loud to drown out the induction roar on this

Rides
    theyre such cool engines. People always say to me "Is that a two litre turbo in that then?" When I tell them its a 1.6 they get a bit confised. Little do they know :-)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by EMENEAR View Post
    theyre such cool engines. People always say to me "Is that a two litre turbo in that then?" When I tell them its a 1.6 they get a bit confised. Little do they know :-)
    Awesome engines mate and so underated (even by me until id experianced a nicely tuned one) , I really don't understand why people swap them as they are litterally the heart of the car and just add so much to its character. Haha i can see how people can get confused mine is much louder and throatyer than the SX if that makes sense certainly turns heads anyway even if there just thinking why the hell is that old XR3i making so much noise lol

Rides
    ive always wanted a 86, will hopefully own one one day!

great car dude, loving the project

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by YannG View Post
    ive always wanted a 86, will hopefully own one one day!

great car dude, loving the project
    Yeah I was the same and after 7 years of S-body ownership i just fancied a little change so plumbed for one of these and i love it

Cheers mate ill try and keep the updates coming

Rides
    Everything was stripped from the bay including the front arch's , coilovers and steering rack etc . The arch's although incredibly dirty only had small amounts of surface rust so this has been treated and painted but as you can see pretty clean for its age.

Bay stripped for prep and paint

Other news block is together Toda pistons , Midwest 4AGE H-beam rods in and sitting on ACL bearings

Built up with new Oil pump and sump fitted

Also as my old clutch was fried instead of replacing the plate with a horrendously expensive Toda plate ive decided to fit a Helix plate in with the Toda cover and flywheel.

More updates to come when the pics etc are uploaded but coming along nicely now

Rides
    Painted the engine bay , the nasty creamy white was not very nice and was flaking. Just painted a simple black tidy's it up nicely and is not to in your face just clean.

Engine coming back together nicely head back on and shims adjusted for the larger cams.

And the new Cat cams back in with the toda pulleys installed

Good bit of wiring left to do but the battery has been relocated to behind the passenger seat and the fuse box to inside the cabin under the dash so the bay should be quite clutter free.

Rides
    hows the megajolt kit gone? all sussed out?

seriously cant wait for this till be done! Hopefully get to see it when i pop up this weekend!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymo_sx View Post
    hows the megajolt kit gone? all sussed out?

seriously cant wait for this till be done! Hopefully get to see it when i pop up this weekend!
    Yeah its a good bit of work to get it spliced into the loom as the guy in japan who had done the carb conversion had basically just snipped and taped wires up all over the place plus with relocating the battery and fuse box its the wiring thats taking up the majority of the time . Ians on the case and sorting it though , its all based around Zetec hard ware and thats his bread and butter so should be cool.

You and me both dude , sick of driving a shit car all the time haha and yeah if we get done or can get to the garage no worries

Rides
    Well this morning nice surprise when some Greddy coilovers turned up for the car , Not sure what it has on at the moment kyb shocks at the rear and although i was told there TRD's at the front having got them of the car im not so sure but they have a small weep on them any way so needed replacing hence why i bought these.

Set of new front lower arms and tie rods and ends and I should have a good comprehensive suspension set up to run on

Rides
    ok so progress has been a little slow of late , lost interest a bit but hopefully im starting to regain some lol

My painted bay with bits going back in , needs a few little touch ups here and there but looks pretty cool

Engine now back in

It should id hope progress faster but just need time to get things organised etc. One observation i did make is just how tiny the 4age looks in there now think its just the black hiding all the crap lol. Rocker covers will be painted next just going to do them black keep it classy.
    hmmmm so things to do fit the steering rack , suspension , refit carbs , exhaust /manifold, then fit the Loom and parts for the megajolt as all the brackets and wiring have been modded now for it.
    One more part for this poor update lol , i sold my Bride and bought another K-sport so for once in my life i will have a matching interior lol

On a a slightly maybe more interesting note I picked these up today

Carbon front wings , ive wanted them for ages ever since i seen them on the orange AE86 they where on , struck up a deal with the new owner and got them today. Need a carbon bonnet now although i may have that covered too.
    Test fit

They fit as good as factory wings so all sweet there , not sure who originally made them but ive never seen another set before only problem is one has a ding on the top but i have a guy who says he can re clear the top and bring it back . Just trying to find a colour to tie it all in nicely , im thinking a nice dark silver or grey at the moment.

Rides
    Alreet mate, gonna keep an eye on this. First time I've been on the forum in at least 2 years.

Lookin crackin.

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Blooming heck! Hi Chris!

Rides
    Bonjour.