Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ordered my floor paint.

Rides
    Thanks very much for that, I appreciate it !

Rides
    Just put down my second coat of sealer, its the same stuff you bought Jesus-Ninja.

Did you wash it down after it had fully dried?

Trader: Plus Four Engineering Plus4E's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by andeep View Post
    Just put down my second coat of sealer, its the same stuff you bought Jesus-Ninja.

Did you wash it down after it had fully dried?
    No. Should I have done? I think I just left it 24hrs between coats of sealer and then a few days before epoxy.
    Where ever you go, never take an idiot with you. You can be sure you'll find one when you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by TomK View Post
    The lower front bar was also showing the typical signs of any metal attached to an s13

Rides
    I bought a 25L bottle and 2 x 5L bottles. On the big 25L bottle it just says 'wait 24 hours before washing down', but on the little 5L ones it says 'wash down once dry'.

Its probably just to remove any residue from the surface that could contaminate the epoxy layer. Don't really think it matters though...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by andeep View Post
    I bought a 25L bottle and 2 x 5L bottles. On the big 25L bottle it just says 'wait 24 hours before washing down'
    Doh.
    Where ever you go, never take an idiot with you. You can be sure you'll find one when you get there.

The lower front bar was also showing the typical signs of any metal attached to an s13

Rides
    Did your sealer look fully dry? It's been a few days of drying with him and there are patches that are darker and look wet still. Did you also have these damp looking patches? I think mine might need longer because its quite cold at this time of the year.

Rides
    I suspect you're right. I had no damp patches, but then my concrete had been out in the sun for weeks before the garage went up, and then the weather was still warm when the sealer went down. Have you got any heaters and ventilation in there?

Rides
    Yep there is some ventilation, but not great. Nope no heaters.

Would it be an idea to leave the garage door open? Even tho its cold outside?

Also did you get any white coloured patches?
    Last edited by andeep; 24-01-2012 at 15:01.

Rides
    No - to be honest it all looked pretty even. I wonder if the frost has got it?

Rides
    No - to be honest it all looked pretty even. I wonder if the frost has got it?