Thread: bit of advice .

Rides

bit of advice .

Hi jem , need abit of advice from you if i may.
    Washed and polished my car on friday of last week and then treated it to some Autoglym High Definition Wax treatment ,now i've already put one coat on already a few weeks ago and was very pleased with the results ,unfortunatly i had to go and do something for a couple of hours which meant only half the car was done , so came back and finished it off , waited bout 15 minutes for the rest to cure as it describes and proceded to buff off with the micro fibre cloth provided in the box .well ,,,what a bloody nightmare to get the stuff off ,really had to scrub hard to get it all off ,my arms were falling off by the end of it .
    The trouble is although it looks like i've got it all off ,on the roof and the bootlid when you catch it in the sun you can still see where i've applied the wax and i can't get it off ,like little swirl marks , you know what i mean ?
    How can i rectify this without resorting to "T Cut " or something ??

Please help .

Matt.

Rides
    It's hard to say without seeing the car but it sounds like the carnuba wax is melting in the heat so as you're trying to buff it off you're just smearing it about. I would clean the was offf with IPA but you can use normal household window cleaner. Another option is to polish with something like AutoGlym Super Resin Polish which will remove thr wax and then reapply the wax

Rides
    I had this with the very same product

I wiped it all off, and it looked like a residue was left on there, sort of an oily look but not so easy to remove.

I left it a little longer, then went at it with a clean microfibre and it came up well with no trace of the residue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    I had this with the very same product

I wiped it all off, and it looked like a residue was left on there, sort of an oily look but not so easy to remove.

I left it a little longer, then went at it with a clean microfibre and it came up well with no trace of the residue
    A lot of waxes are like that, leaving a little longer to cure helps, but some still need a second wipe. AutoGlym HD wax is a good product. Buy it online as its a lot cheaper than most motorfactors.

Rides
    Cheers bud .