Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ed's RX-7 - Such a beautiful car!!

Rides

Ed's RX-7 - Such a beautiful car!!

Arguably the most beautiful car to have come from Japan, it's hard not to agree!

I've been to detail Ed's lovely FD today, unfortunately Ed is is Spain so won't see it in the flash for a couple of weeks.

The paint was in over all good condition but had a lot of swirls and the paint had a grey look to it rather than back.

So the car was washed, clayed, polished with Menzerna polishes and CYC pads. Then glazed with Poorboys Blackhole and lastly protected with Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid.

Anyway, enough waffle, you guys want to see pictures, oh and a couple of videos

This shows the condition the paint was in, lots of fine scratches and swirls, you can see the dullness in the darker areas of the reflection:

This was glue residue from a door edge protector. Again you can see the dullness of the paint in the reflection of my trousers. The glue was easy to remove with tardis:

The I got down to the polishing, I don't know why, but I felt the need to take these two pictures mid way through!:

Then after eight hours this was the result:

Rides

Rides
    To be completely honest with you Jem, thats the first time I've wanted to go home since I got out here in March. Missed a mates wedding, my own 30th and my Mums b'day, but Valencia has always had something to offer in return for work making me miss them.

I dont think V-town has got what it takes to replace how you've made my FD look

Thank you so much, I seriously cannot wait to see it now

Rides
    That looks fcuking mint. Ed, have you got somewhere undercover to put it, or shall I store it in my man cave to keep it looking fresh?

Rides
    Cheers dude. I'm still in 2 minds whether to bring it out here or not, so may well take you up on that offer

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    To be completely honest with you Jem, thats the first time I've wanted to go home since I got out here in March. Missed a mates wedding, my own 30th and my Mums b'day, but Valencia has always had something to offer in return for work making me miss them.

I dont think V-town has got what it takes to replace how you've made my FD look

Thank you so much, I seriously cannot wait to see it now
    You're more than welcome

Shame it will be dirty by the time you get back

Rides
    Not if I have anything to do with it. And its not just because I've got a dream of having 2 FD's in my garage!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    That looks fcuking mint. Ed, have you got somewhere undercover to put it, or shall I store it in my man cave to keep it looking fresh?
    Cheers Si,

There's no need for it to be stored undercover, I left the Corsa of doom at Ed's and drove home in the FD

(well that's what I would have liked to have done!)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    That reflection is incredible, it looks like a brand new car! Amazing work!

Rides
    Amazing work as ever!
    I'm still trying to figure out what's the reflection in the first picture? Looks like a house with a house on top joint by a massive chimney??

Banned
    Rides
    wicked work, what else can you do with the paint as I have a few cars that need tlc my STi would polish up well but my F150 needs a few stone chips sorting but I havent tried getting out to touch it up yet as unsure if I can get the Yanky paint or is it the same as ours?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by itrhondaboy View Post
    Amazing work as ever!
    I'm still trying to figure out what's the reflection in the first picture? Looks like a house with a house on top joint by a massive chimney??
    Yeah it does look a bit odd, the darker bit towards the bottom of the picture is in fact the same wall with the window in it, it's just the slight 'hump' either side of the bonnet making it reflect like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattirowland View Post
    wicked work, what else can you do with the paint as I have a few cars that need tlc my STi would polish up well but my F150 needs a few stone chips sorting but I havent tried getting out to touch it up yet as unsure if I can get the Yanky paint or is it the same as ours?
    Touching up stone chips is on the whole quite easy, doing a very good job of it requires filling the chip with paint and letting it dry, then wet sanding the area flat and then polishing up. Done well they are nigh on impossible to see where the repair is, but it's a skill on it's own and something I'm still practising on scrap panels, it's very easy to sand through the surrounding paint

Getting the paint shouldn't be a problem, it will have a paint code which you could get a rattle can made up from

Banned
    Rides
    sweet, cheers - Ill see what I can do & sort but contact you later as at the min the threads hijacked lol
    bumped it up though eh.
    well impressed with your work, keep posting em up.

Rides
    Looks great Jem, seriously thinking to use your services on my is200 before JAE.

Rides
    Im in love with this. Once my driver door is painted. I WILL be calling your services. Your work is looking second to none! Brilliant. :P

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
    Looks great Jem, seriously thinking to use your services on my is200 before JAE.
    Get me booked I have a big soft spot for the IS

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Again you can see the dullness of the paint in the reflection of my trousers.
    Jem - so clean and shiny even his trousers are reflective.

That looks awesome mate, tempted to have you come and have a crack with the 350 ........
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post

That looks awesome mate, tempted to have you come and have a crack with the 350 ........
    You're not far from me too

Rides
    Ed, have you seen the car in the flesh yet?

Rides
    Ed, have you seen the car in the flesh yet?
    Might be Xmas til I see it now