Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper+ GB (Stickers etc)

Rides

Proper+ GB (Stickers etc)

Teggers is running another Sticker GB

Quote Originally Posted by Teggers
    Please read ALL the below as important info contained therein.

Ok guys and girls, in March I organised a group buy from Proper+. It came about as I didn't want to pay more more the postage than I paid for the stickers I wanted, so I posted up this thread asking if anyone else wanted to order some and split the cost of posting expecting maybe 3 or 4 people to be interested. As it turned out, quite a few people wanted to and I ended up setting up a spreadsheet to cope with the demand.

After that one went through I have received more than a few requests to set up another. So here it is! I have been emailing the owner of Touge Factory/Proper+ and he's more than happy for me to set up another GB. This one will not just be for stickers The Proper+ site also offers some accessories and clothing so feel free to choose from those as well! www.itsproper.com is the site to see!

Using the same system as before, decide what stickers, t-shirts, gear knobs, air fresheners you want, pick from the drop down menu on the items page the EXACT name, colour and price and pm me or pop in in this thread.

The way I worked out the postage and charges last time I believe was fair to all: I will take the total order, work out each persons total costs as a percentage of the whole and divide postage, customs charges etc by this. E.g: if your percentage is 5% of the total order of £1000, and the postage is £50, customs £100 you'll pay a total of £57.50 plus a pound or two to cover my costs of posting the bits to you when they arrive. (Figures there are totally made up and only as an example)

As all payments need to be done via Paypal, you need this facility to participate. Also bear in mind I will be using my own paypal account which will be cleared out before I start accepting payments.

Payments will be as follows:
    -1 week before order submitted, all payments for goods and US postage to be received.

-Upon receipt of customs charge, if it is within my means at the time, I will pay it and send out the goods upon receipt of your % of the total. If it is not, I will need payment from everyone before I can pay the charges.

-Upon receipt of the goods with me, I will package them up in each persons order (Proper+ were great at this last time and seperated everyones order into baggies and gave us all a freebie), get postage costs - a few stickers would be a cost of approx £1.50 to cover recorded delivery and envelope (slight increase from last time as a)postage has gone up and b)I ended up slightly out of pocket covering this last time) and more goods would ovbiously be, well, more!. The % figure will be rounded up to the nearest 5p. This, hopefully (for me!!), will cover any fluctuations in the exchange rate between receiving payments and submitting the order. The postage costs (unless you have a large package that needs to be weighed and checked at the post office) will be added onto the customs charge to keep things simple.

Remember I WILL need your address before I can send the stuff out

I will let each individual know what their contributions will be at each stage.

Bear in mind the charges involved before jumping in with both feet Last thing I want is to have paid for items sitting here because someone doesn't want to pay their share of the charges.

The good bit: Last time on the stickers, we received a whopping 30% discount (apart from on the tribute stuff as that money was sent to Atsuki Kuroi's family RIP dude ). I have not yet received confirmation of figures but would hope for something similar this time round too. That alone for many was more than enough to cover the costs of customs and postage!

Timescales:
    I suggest we keep this open for one month from today. LAST ORDERS MUST BE IN NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY 14th JULY. One week after this I will submit the order and will keep the thread updated as I receive tracking information. Upon receipt of the goods, I will send them out within a few days. Bear in mind I have a life outside SXOC so it may take a day or two depending on how busy my work is and the size of the order!

I will keep this thread updated with new info received or if anyone suggests a better way to do anything, please feel free!

Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible for any errors in the order (not that they made any last time!), neither will I accept responsibility for items lost/missing in the post. I will do everything I can reasonably do to ensure you get your goods in good condition but if they are lobbed over a fence and the dog attacks them or the post office loses them, sorry guys, thats not my fault! Also, if the exchange rate fluctuates more than I expect it to, I may need a small contribution to cover the difference - obviously if it fluctuates the other way I am happy to refund you the difference! www.xe.com will be used as a rough guide to calculate exchange rates - Paypal tends to exchange at a slightly higher rate hence rounding up to the nearest 5p.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Cheers Mark

Rides
    Is it this thread we post our orders in. I will do mine at lunch today

Nice one Teggers

Rides
    Yes mate - post order in here or pm me with it if you don't want everyone to knnow what you want!!

Rides
    Dint mean to seem ignorant/stupid but using the link you provided I'm abit confused....it's a blog and I can't navigate it to find bits I want to buy nor the prices.

Rides
    Yay Teggers

I'm going to hit the Proper site later, there's loads I want on there but I wasn't prepared to be bummed for postage!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymo_sx View Post
    Dint mean to seem ignorant/stupid but using the link you provided I'm abit confused....it's a blog and I can't navigate it to find bits I want to buy nor the prices.
    There is a menu down the left
    Mark is right.

Rides
    yesssss at last teggers! I'm guessing you want it in the following format:

flush vinyl - 1 x chrome orange 1 x oilslick chrome - $10
    JDM Obake Wheel theif - 1 x chrome cherry red - $6
    You drive this on the street? Hell Yeah!!! - 1 x reflective red - $6
    TF 2010 logo - 1 x chrome raspberry purple - $5
    Touge Factory Woodpecker - colours same as on site/ multicoloured? - $6
    scrape - 2 x dark green - $8
    TF, I GOT THIS - 1x oilslick chrome - $5

that is atm till i find some more.
    Last edited by riske; 14-06-2010 at 11:52.

Rides
    What Mark said. Left side of the page, Proper+ products pick from Air fresheners, apparel, shift knobs (some ones there!) or vinyl stickers.

Riske: yup - need prices too as the vinyl is priced individually per colour Some are rather more expensive than others!! The TF bird image shown is "oilslick chrome" on there

Rides
    Has anyone got any pics of what the chrome and reflective red looks like?
    Mark is right.

Rides
    There were a couple ordered last time in those. Can't say who at the mo as the spreadsheet is on my laptop at home. Will find out and let you know who had them.

Rides
    I think because I'm using iPhone it's not displaying the page correctly cos I can't see the menu on the left

Rides
    whens the deadline for this GB?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturge View Post
    whens the deadline for this GB?
    See this, grabbed from the first post

Timescales:
    I suggest we keep this open for one month from today. LAST ORDERS MUST BE IN NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY 14th JULY. One week after this I will submit the order and will keep the thread updated as I receive tracking information. Upon receipt of the goods, I will send them out within a few days. Bear in mind I have a life outside SXOC so it may take a day or two depending on how busy my work is and the size of the order!

Rides
    cheers

Rides
    I'll PM my order over later

Rides
    anyone got any examples of the stickers?

Rides
    PROPER+ Bubble Shift knob: SK16 : - $40
    You Drive This On The Street?! HELL YEAH!!! - Black - $4
    Royal Flushness - Brushed Gold - $5
    Stance Ace - Brushed gold - $5 x2
    Scrape - Not sure what colour, its a dark purple third one from the bottom on the picture lol (is it Chrome Raspberry purple?) x2 - Price not sure yet.

Dont put these on the list yet as I might change the colours, will let you know once I am 100% sure

Rides
    Originally posted by Teggers on his original thread:

Rides
    Awesome! I'm all over this like a fat kid on cake