Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Winehouse is dead

Rides
    seriously talented singer/songwriter RIP

messy life so sad what a waste

Rides
    With Dr Bob here, don't agree with slagging off the dead, she was a very talented woman, although when I saw her she was totally off her face. She was clearly in a dark place regarding drugs as happens to the best (27 year olds generally) a bit of a legend let her RIP xx too young to go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Prior View Post
    That could be the epitaph for most of the jazz legends who she tried to emulate. Billie Holiday immediately springs to mind.
    Billie Holiday is different to my mind - had all sorts of childhood mess - raped & subsequent prostitution, I find it hard to judge someone in that situation for making poor choices. From what I gather of Amy Winehouse's childhood, she had every opportunity - it's much easier for people to judge her for poor choices with that background.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    I'm not really arsed. A person is dead, and that's never nice. But she was massively influential to millions of impressionable youngsters, and went about the place smacked off her face.

Sad that she's dead, but talent or not, no great loss to society.

Rides
    Last edited by Fatchimp; 23-07-2011 at 22:09. Reason: Duplicated

Rides
    It's a shame people just remember her for the alcoholic junkie that she became. It's not that long ago that she was a sweet girl with a great talent and a potentially fantastic future ahead of her. Sadly, as often happens in her industry, she was drawn in by the wrong people and to weak to or naive to avoid all of the wrong temptations. I think what happened to her is sad.

Rides
    Predictable,but still a shame!Its the father i feel sorry for,he tried so hard to get her back straight!
    R.I.P Amy

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    Some people have no idea about addiction. Inevitable although her death was, there are many people currently going the same way. Most of them aren't evil or stupid, but addiction will make them that way if only to score the next hit.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dow View Post
    Some people have no idea about addiction. Inevitable although her death was, there are many people currently going the same way. Most of them aren't evil or stupid, but addiction will make them that way if only to score the next hit.
    Iv been there, done it and came out the other side thankfully!!! All it takes is one stupid mistake either when your down, young, nieve or having fun! you can get swallowed up so easy, getting out is a hole differant ball game. It was not her fault she was on that path, its the drugs, drink and maybe a bit of a weak personality.

Rides
    Loved her when she was curvy and singng good songs

Fame ruined her.

Rides
    Elton John is to sing at Amy Winehouse's funeral, a touching rendition of Candle Under the Spoon.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Elton John is to sing at Amy Winehouse's funeral, a touching rendition of Candle Under the Spoon.
    Tsk, tsk, tsk - Sikipedia?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtone View Post
    if it bring the price of fuel down Brown better be up a tree taking one up the arse
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Why?

If Dignitas gave you a discount for going early... would you?

Rides
    Loving the vibe of this thread....

Anyone else, like Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison or Jimi Hendrix, we'd all be celebrating their musical genius etc... but because her drug addictoin was hilighted by the media (probably cos phones voicemail may have been hacked) we reduce the girl to be a skank whore.

I for one loved her back to black album, as did many others. Saw her once in the Hawley Arms and she just seemed like a normal person.... bit pissed mind

Bot Adele and Gaga mention Amy as inspiration for how their music went.

I for one am sad that such a talent wasted away like this. RIP Amy

Vid seems ironic

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveCarter200 View Post
    I know, I was being funny.
    No, You really wasn't.
    You don't see people slagging off talent like

Jim Morrison died aged 27 (And his girlfriend Pamela Courson, 3 years later aged 27)
    Jimi Hendrix died aged 27
    Janis Joplin died aged 27
    Brian Jones died aged 27
    Kurt Cobain (Albeit shotgun) died aged 27

All drug related, So STFU just because it's someone you don't like.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by cherry1809 View Post
    No, You really wasn't.
    You don't see people slagging off talent like

Jim Morrison died aged 27 (And his girlfriend Pamela Courson, 3 years later aged 27)
    Jimi Hendrix died aged 27
    Janis Joplin died aged 27
    Brian Jones died aged 27
    Kurt Cobain (Albeit shotgun) died aged 27

All drug related, So STFU just because it's someone you don't like.
    "Like" has nothing to do with it. Morality and what's an acceptable way to live your life have everything to do with it. As I've said already if she were just the normal Jane Doe skank whore out on the town being a wino drug mess punching people in the face you'd think she fcuking deserved a slap and you'd wish she'd hurry up and die. Just because she brings out a nice little album with some songs on it all of a sudden that shit is acceptable? Is it fcuk.

You can't moan about double standards of others and then apply your own.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    "Like" has nothing to do with it. Morality and what's an acceptable way to live your life have everything to do with it. As I've said already if she were just the normal Jane Doe skank whore out on the town being a wino drug mess punching people in the face you'd think she fcuking deserved a slap and you'd wish she'd hurry up and die. Just because she brings out a nice little album with some songs on it all of a sudden that shit is acceptable? Is it fcuk.

You can't moan about double standards of others and then apply your own.
    Don't remember seeing her doing any of that, She kept herself to herself. Not her fault the papers followed her about. As I say, Times change, Nothing different from then till now, Rose tinted specs with regards to previous junkies.

Rides
    Don't remember seeing her doing any of that, She kept herself to herself. Not her fault the papers followed her about. As I say, Times change, Nothing different from then till now, Rose tinted specs with regards to previous junkies.
    But you're telling someone to STFU when you have absolutely no idea what his feelings are towards the others you have mentioned - he may feel the same for all you know; you didn't stop to ask.

Violent outbreaks against others:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009...assault-charge
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/345744...sault-theater/
    http://www.people.com/people/article...263520,00.html

Plus fcuk knows what else she got involved in. Plus no doubt continual drugs handling. Plus her skank husband's armed robbery biz.

Talented or otherwise she was a total cnutstick.

Rides
    Her husbunds/Boyfriends affairs aren't in the topic. It was pointed out what a skank she was and what a life she lead. Not like others haven't done the same in the past. Why jump on her past like she's the first to do it? There are plenty others in the pipeline waiting to die just the same way. If it's someone you like you wouldn't like it if I started saying fcuk it, They deserved it. Give her a break she's dead FFS.

Rides
    Her husbunds/Boyfriends affairs aren't in the topic. It was pointed out what a skank she was and what a life she lead. Not like others haven't done the same in the past. Why jump on her past like she's the first to do it? There are plenty others in the pipeline waiting to die just the same way. If it's someone you like you wouldn't like it if I started saying fcuk it, They deserved it. Give her a break she's dead FFS.
    I think what others are trying to convey, not very subtlely is that she effectively killed herself by the drugs & booze she took, the scumbag she married and people she associated with. While she was alive there was a never ending queue of people waiting to slag her off because of the disgusting way she portrayed herself. Now Its all "what a wasted talent, she was a genius, a beautiful person" etc etc, when in reality her legacy is she released a decent album and had a good voice.

I think what most people are most incensed about is that there were 92+ innocent youngsters slaughtered in Norway by some Madman thats been eclipsed by the death of a drug addict.

Rides
    Her husbunds/Boyfriends affairs aren't in the topic.
    Why not? Broken some sort of rule? They're associated topics of conversation up for debate; Hendrix and Cobain weren't 'in the topic' either but you felt it suitable to make them part of it. Fancy that; some double standards

It was pointed out what a skank she was and what a life she lead. Not like others haven't done the same in the past. Why jump on her past like she's the first to do it? There are plenty others in the pipeline waiting to die just the same way.
    I haven't jumped on her like she's the first - I couldn't give a fcuk if she was or otherwise. In fact, I couldn't give a fcuk about her full stop. I kinna do give a fcuk, as I've let on to repeatedly throughout this thread and Prior puts nicely, is the double standards of "oh my that's awful" when it's someone that's sung a few notes as if she's the shining light of work in the community or something when really, on any other day without her singing career, the fact she'd snuffed it would either be a) insignificant to the point of non-event or b) a case of "about fcuking time she deserved it the crack ho"

If it's someone you like you wouldn't like it if I started saying fcuk it, They deserved it.
    If it were someone like me it wouldn't make headlines And that's kind of the point as well. Moreover if it were someone like me I'd not be honoured the way which some seem so quick to honour Winehouse; that's the same of many that die with contributions to society that will greatly outweigh hers. Hers is a couple of albums, which she was richly paid for. Oh, and being a role model to young girls on how to lead their lives.

Give her a break she's dead FFS.
    She's dead, I don't think she needs any breaks