Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The project continues

Rides

The project continues

Well, had a close shave with nearly selling the car last week but changed my mind now and will be keeping the car and carrying on with the project with the kind help of Alan, cheers mate!

I've got a baby on the way now and think i got into a bit of a tizzy fit about having an s13 but somehow, all will be ok

So, i'll get some photos on this thread of the project so far and turn this into a project thread me thinks

Story so far then, bought the car back in feb with a dicky starter motor and changed this myself for a second hand one which turned out to be no better than the original one!, so then i ended up buying a brand new one and doing the job again, this time it was quicker tho as the bolts were easy!

Next on the list was the knakered cold start valve which alan kindly came over and fixed, the car wouldnt start and i hadnt a clue really

After this there was another non starting problem which i managed to track down to be a sticky ignition relay, so got that swapped over.

Anyway, on numerous sunny sundays spent at Alans, Alan has done the cambelt, put standard cams back in instead of the horrible aftermarket ones, changed the rocker cover and the cas sensor, changed the suspension struts for his 180sx ones as mine were knackered, new front bottom lower arms on there, viscous fan instead of the electric one as this went a few weeks ago!

Cheers Alan for all your help so far

So, next on the menu is fitting the track rod ends which have just this minute landed at work, and i've got some nice alpine speakers on their way to replace the front door ones, as their crap and knackered wish i hadnt left my £250 alpine head unit in the gt4 when i sold it

Rides
    photos of my car, how do i get the pictures enlarged onto the thread?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by craiglancs View Post
    create a photobucket/imageshack account. upload the pictures, then copy and paste the img code onto ya thread

Rides
    still struggling with photobucket it keeps saying invalid on the add attatchments!

Anyway, quick update on the progress, i did the track rod ends on friday, so steering response feels better now, theres still a bit of clunking tho when i park, so maybe its the steering rack bushes?

Fitted some Alpine 4x6 in the front doors last night so they sound a lot better than the original rubbish, although i think i want bigger speakers than 4x6 in the front, and i might demote these 6x4's to the back to get rid of those original ones!

Painted my rear bumper tonight, but i think i've put too much trust in halfords and ended up witht the wrong red! Under the bonnet it says ag2g, but following the halfords chart i bought aj4 flame red, and the band on the can looked the same as the car, have i cocked up?

Rides
    Well, had a fun night with the power tools tonight and made 2 front door mdf speaker brackets for my pioneer 6.5 inch round speakers i bought the other week. They fit perfectly and sound awesome, especially now that i once again have an Alpine headunit

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by craiglancs View Post
    Like this:

Click on the pics, copy the URL where the pic is hosted and add [img] pic [/img] codes.

Rides
    cheers for that! I'll giveit another try on that photobucket, thanks again!

Rides
    fingers crossed!

Rides
    2nd attempt

Rides
    painted the bumper again tonight with made up ag2, why has it gone lighter in colour when it has dried, is it because i used laquer? It was looking good till i did that!

Rides
    shouldnt need laquer on a flat colour i.e red, black white etc unless they are metalic, pearl or 2 part paint i.e base coat(colour) and top coat(laquer)

Are you using a rattle can ?

Rides
    yep, rattle can, is it just that 1 can isnt enough, as i used it all on the bumper?

Rides
    did you use halfords lacquer? if so, that's the reason. It's bloody awful stuff.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    yep, halfords laquer alan, do u reckon thats jeffed up my job then?

Rides
    Big day yesterday, me and Alan, mainly Alan, fitted an apexi full 3 inch exhaust system to replace that crappy powerflow thing which sounded aweful and was leaking in

The new Apex sounds awesome, quiet off boost and at motorway cruising speeds, and really nice and throaty on boost! And no more leaks

Also, new(er) petrol tank fitted yesterday, the old one was horrible and was leaking around the filler neck, cheers to iky for the very decent fuel tank, and lucky Alan was on the job as he had to weld one of the tank straps with a fresh piece of bendy metal

So all in all a good day with lots of progress on the car, no more petrol and exhaust smells for me, cheers Alan

Photos to follow

Rides
    Glad your getting it done mate, And yeah pics would be nice.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosseef Hussain View Post
    Glad your getting it done mate, And yeah pics would be nice.
    Yep, it sure is getting done, getting better by the day!

Next up is new interior as its a bit faded, fix the leaking boot, new rear brakes, more suspension work subbframe etc, and gonna get a new refreshed CA in there, FMIC and t28, aiming for about 300bhp i think

Rides
    a few photos, the new and the old!

Alan i should have listened to u and got the butyl tape for the lights

Rides
    yeah, you should, I don't think that toothpaste will work too well
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.