Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flying lap of the Nords in a single seater with aero package - in the Wet!

Rides
    I can do the outlap just fine - it's after starting my BTG run that I tend to crash
    That or when I find myself running close behind the computer and can't see braking points due to spray

Has to be said though the F3000 has too much power and grip compared to whatever the Ring school car is - even with the downforce reduced a fair bit. But then again sims don't have rivers of water and standing puddles to comtend with

Rides
    I was using my Nissan GT500 GTR with racing wets on and 754hp, it gives a similar OMG fear factor in the wet it's awesome in the dry with slicks, but in the wet it's very much like that open wheel thing - lots of understeer and then power-oversteer, I'm just often not quick enough to catch it 956 times required to complete 1 lap

Rides
    I'm tempted to try the Formula BMW that's available as it's probably very similar in terms of power/weight - it's only let down by having really good wet tyres so I thinik I'll try it on slicks

I can find out if Evo can simulate aquaplaneing

Rides
    I've found a dry contender spent a million on a Mclaren F1 for a laugh, then tuned it to 850hp and bought slicks, but didn't touch the suspension or gearing or anything. It's a bit of a handful! 230mph down the back straight though

Rides
    Formula BMW on slicks FTW - only has 140Bhp but is still wheel spinning in 4th
    Havn't even got as far as Aremburg in the 2 attempts I made

Rides
    Epic vid

I got the feeling he got 'bored' halfway round so thought he would have some fun