Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: In the market for a new watch

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Maff_1991 View Post
    I wasn't really a watch guy, but a few months ago I saw this and couldn't say no to it, Now I have an obsession with skeleton watches, always browsing to see if another tickles my fancy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is really nice. I love Rotary. I have a chronograph, but need to take it in for repair. Crown wheel has come off

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    That is really nice. I love Rotary. I have a chronograph, but need to take it in for repair. Crown wheel has come off
    Was really nice, took it off whilst I was doing something, put it in my back pocket, forgot about it, washing machine, smashed the face

Rides
    think my Seiko has finally had it, after 20 years and such trauma, many hardtimes. It's been repaired a couple of times already but our local little watch repair man has long since retired - it'll costafortunum to send back to Seiko despite it being a relatively simple movement. Economical write-off and I have the sads.

Said to myself a while back I'd get a SARB033 to replace it with once it's gone. Can you bloody believe it that these days they're rare as sympathy from a Tory politician. Gits.

Might be a protracted hunt.

In the meantime I'm amusing myself by thinking of buying this little weirdo:
    https://shopuk.hamiltonwatch.com/aut...rop-green.html

Proper lairy balls innit.
    Last edited by arry; 23-11-2017 at 08:01.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    a SARB033
    Bought one. Through eBay, advertised as from Ireland but actually it's from Hong Kong. Let's home it turns up now; but not a lot of money to lose if it doesn't, I guess. PayPal'd that bad boy just in case.

Now looking at straps for it as I don't really like bracelets. Going to buy two I think; black goat skin and a green ostrich!

Rides
    Bought one. Through eBay, advertised as from Ireland but actually it's from Hong Kong. Let's home it turns up now; but not a lot of money to lose if it doesn't, I guess. PayPal'd that bad boy just in case.

Now looking at straps for it as I don't really like bracelets. Going to buy two I think; black goat skin and a green ostrich!
    Hong Kong

Is it real?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Hong Kong

Is it real?

I don't expect they're making fakes of ~£250 watches mate, but it remains to be seen.

Rides
    Why not? They'll fake anything these days.

Look how many fake SARD FPR's are available, they're what? £80-£90 for a genuine item???

Rides
    Granted; but it'd be unlikely enough I'm not too concerned. Seller has got lots of good feedback and there's no hints of it being a fake within the pics (I'd pick up on the usual quite quickly even from the advert pics).

Rides
    Well it turned up which is a plus

I was getting a little bit worried TBH; hadn't heard from the company re dispatch of the item until about Friday of last week. Then all of a sudden, it just turned up.

Have checked it over; it appears to my untrained eye, to be completely genuine. The weight feels right, the brushing of the case and the movement look spot on. It has all the right tags, books and guarantee cards which bodes well, too.

Excuse the crap picture - struggling to capture it properly with one hand.

Now time to go off and get some straps

Rides
    Finally got round to some fiddling. Basically I've spent the whole of last week too drunk to operate a spring bar tool

Installed new strap on my B&M - will swap the deployment clasp from the old strap over at some point; don't have a screwdriver small enough to hand at moment. This is only temporary until I get something better quality, but the guy I want to buy from isn't taking any new orders until the new year. After which, this strap will become available to the Seiko.

Then I took the bracelet off the SARB033 and started installing NATO straps for giggles.

Number 1 installed:

Number 2 installed:

Number 3 installed:

Think I like number 2 most, followed by 1, and then 3 for a day when a more boring effect is needed.

Sorry for crap pics - difficult to hold a smart phone one handed and can't be bothered to charge my camera

Rides
    You must be very f***ing bored, mate. How's the flu coming along ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    You must be very f***ing bored, mate. How's the flu coming along ?
    LOL was a bit. It's better; had a relapse over weekend - there's a lesson there, don't lay off the booze and the germs can't catch up.

Rides
    Pickled !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    LOL was a bit. It's better; had a relapse over weekend - there's a lesson there, don't lay off the booze and the germs can't catch up.
    That B&M is stunning.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    That B&M is stunning.
    Thanks yes I think so too. It wasn't what I was looking for at all when I bought it but having clapped eyes on it, couldn't leave without it.

It's beautifully finished for a relatively cheap watch compared to others I've seen at 1.5x or so the price point. I'd recommend highly.

Rides
    Went away for a few days on business which was going to be lonely, so I brought out the big guns to keep me company. Saves it sitting in a box.

Rides

In the market for a new watch

Went away for a few days on business which was going to be lonely, so I brought out the big guns to keep me company. Saves it sitting in a box.

[img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4615/25995904838_7034769cde_c.jpg[/i]

I love taking a watch away with me. Have you got a travel box for it? Breitling ones are great and are around £10-£20 on eBay usually.

Edit: here’s a cheap one due to a crap photo

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F222806336346
    Last edited by Sean-B; 25-01-2018 at 16:37.

Rides
    Not seen one of those before Sean - might have a looksy.

I've got a real hankering for a Steinhart Racetimer Blue but I would be buying blind as I've never seen one before. The other option is just to spunk the money on the Tudor Heritage it's based on; but I can see the missus going absolutely mental if I buy another 2G upwards watch for the 'collection'

Rides
    You'll be collecting shoes next you should be collecting s13s like a real man ! Lol

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jonny Wilkinson; 07-02-2018 at 20:21.

Rides
    Thoughts on the Rolex Explorer II?

Tried one on last weekend and liked the larger 42mm case compared to the 40mm Sub/GMT case with the massive lugs, but still not 100% sure...