Thread: Driftworks happy to come 2nd at Trax :D

Rides

Driftworks happy to come 2nd at Trax :D

Fredric Aasbo is probably my favourite driver in Formula D at the moment, and this weekend, the British Drift Championship invited him to take part in their 5th round of the championship. I'm not doing the whole championship this year, but there was no way I could miss this one..

The morning rain SUCKED!. But I despite the Driftworks S15 being a complete pig in the wet, I managed to qualify in 1st place, with Fredric in 2nd place.

The afternoon dried up nicely, and after battling through a host of amazing competitors, it ended with myself and Fredric in the final. Both of us with very similar 'balls out' styles, both of us with very well put together cars, and both of us running the fantastic Federal 595RSR Tyres.
    After both runs, neither the crowd or the judges could make a decision, but directly after announcing it would go one more time, Silverstone put an end to the day due to the over running timetable, and potential noise complaints. So the judges HAD to call it from the two runs. Fredric won the event by the smallest of margins because he had followed my line slightly more accurately than I did when following him, and to be honest I was more than happy with coming in close 2nd to such an amazing competitor

Here's a few pictures from the weekend.

Against Buff. Is there ever a day at Silverstone where we don't end up against each other?

And my biggest 'moment' of the day against David Waterworth, who drove superbly! I was milimeters from piling into him on the first corner, and only managed to save myself by clutching in with the engine on the rev limiter and dumping the clutch a few times to stay sideways. (Carbonetics triple carbon clutch saves the day!)

Rides
    That's actually awesome, I watch Asbo on the Formula D webcasts and he's really, really good to watch. Proper drifting there with proper cars, love it.

So, when do we see Driftworks in Formula D?.....

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    So, when do we see Driftworks in Formula D?.....
    Yeah, you guys must be in a position now to land a decent sponsorship deal with one of the main players - red bull, falken, monster ??

Logistically a complete cnut but it's got to be worth persuing - would certainly help raise the profile and image of competitive uk drifting

Rides
    It's always a thought, but it's just so rediculously expensive. I'd probably do another 'world challenge' if they did one again like the Redbull world championship a few years ago, but to be honest I don't have the time to spend my life in the U.S. so I'm not sure I'd be able to do a full championship.

Rides
    Nice do you have a video of your 'moment' against David Waterworth?

Rides
    That last picture is fecking awesome

Rides
    You guys at the final? I was gutted not to see you run at Knockhill.

Rides
    Nice shots. Really looking forward to seeing you guys in Mondello park this Sunday now!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Silane View Post
    Nice do you have a video of your 'moment' against David Waterworth?
    I don't I'm afraid. There was enough camera's on the cars all day though, so hopefully something will turn up

Quote Originally Posted by skinz180189 View Post
    You guys at the final? I was gutted not to see you run at Knockhill.
    I'm not I'm afraid. We decided to not do the complete championship this year as we had to dedicate all time and resources into Awesomefest. I'll more than likely do the whole champion again next year though

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Falco View Post
    Nice shots. Really looking forward to seeing you guys in Mondello park this Sunday now!
    Thanks man. We're a bit all over the shop with regards to their strict tyre regulations, and our Federals not being legal to use over there, but we have the help of some excellent people over the water, and even if I have to run on really crap tyres, I should still be there

Rides
    Was great to watch looked pretty tough in the wet, I have a picture of you spinning the S15, which is a bit of a rarity

Rides
    Never happened

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilMorrison View Post
    Thanks man. We're a bit all over the shop with regards to their strict tyre regulations, and our Federals not being legal to use over there, but we have the help of some excellent people over the water, and even if I have to run on really crap tyres, I should still be there
    Why are the Federals not legal?

Also, why is Aasbo running Federals? Isn't he sponsered by Hankook?

Quote from their website:
    Niall Murray, Managing Director of Hankook Ireland added, ‘We are delighted to welcome Fredric and his team to Ireland and support him during the course of the Jap-Fest event in Mondello Park. We are familiar with Fredrics previous success in Europe and his performances in Formula Drift USA; to have him flying the flag for Hankook at Irelands’ biggest tuning festival is very exciting.”

http://www.hankook.ie/drift/norwegia...odrift-finals/

Maybe he could hook you up with some Hankooks!