Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fake Nardi Wheels - The Driftworks Opinion!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by clive View Post
    what you mean fake

their not 'trying' to be anything
    Sorry I was looking at these lol

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product...roducts_id=341

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymbob View Post
    This won't load on my phone what happens?
    Fake Nardi wheel subjected to a minor pulling about whilst attached to the column, it bends - a lot

The end

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by m.d. View Post
    they are massive too which does my head in, the OMP ones are a sensible size which is why initially i got one.
    They come in all different sizes dude, 330mm, 350mm, deep corn (dished), classic (flat), or we do the Personal range if you prefer....

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    My OMP Corsica dished steering wheel cost me £129 and the prices have now gone up. Add on the cost of a boss and your at £200. If you don't wanna pay that then keep the standard wheel.

The quality of most of the cheap steering wheels I've seen is shocking as well, poor stitching, poor materials.
    Yup, OMP, Sparco, etc are all expensive too. The Personal range is more in keeping with the general market. Nardi is a special, almost designer brand, so commands a premium! At the end of the day, you do get what you pay for, and the Nardi and Personal wheels are fcking ace, loads better than anything else on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by zornyan View Post
    For me 200 quid is lots of money for a steering wheel with a label. As above omp, sparco are much cheaper and still safe.

200 quid is a spare t28 ffs lol
    They're not MUCH cheaper, they're a BIT cheaper and not a Nardi. It's just a 'nice' thing! People clamber over expensive, ****ed old worn out second hand Nardis so nice brand new ones make sense to me....

Can I just point out we have a 25% sale on Nardi and Personal at the moment??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon Bon View Post
    Can I just point out we have a 25% sale on Nardi and Personal at the moment??
    No, you can't

Rides
    Loving the video

Rides
    Bon Some mountney /momo steering wheels are 50 quid, I know you've got you're discount on which is ace but at rrp that's £150 cheaper. I appreciate the quality is top but my point was more on the fact they won't all bend.

£70 for that wheel is a joke, as said I had a £25 quid eBay jobbie a few years ago and it held up fine in a pretty serious crash, I'm 18st

But I see the appeal of a nardi to someone who has the money to spend, my question was mainly could anyone recommend a deep dish wheel that's cheap, because I'm not a brand whore I just hate my current wheel.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    Crazy that video!

In normal use I suspect most people will be ok with them... but it's not normal use where it matters.

Standard/genuine items aren't necessarily any better, aftermarket steering wheels are often 'easy' to bend if you have a bit of force behind you, even big name brands. Christ in my micra crash I bent the nissan standard steering wheel when bracing.

As for those OMP rep's get the 30 quid ones from a scottish seller on ebay (can't remember the fella), they are reasonably decent and quite strong.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    Crazy that video!

In normal use I suspect most people will be ok with them... but it's not normal use where it matters.

Standard/genuine items aren't necessarily any better, aftermarket steering wheels are often 'easy' to bend if you have a bit of force behind you, even big name brands. Christ in my micra crash I bent the nissan standard steering wheel when bracing.

As for those OMP rep's get the 30 quid ones from a scottish seller on ebay (can't remember the fella), they are reasonably decent and quite strong.

Rides
    When you say replica, do they carry OMP branding?

Rides
    I think the point is being missed slightly here.

People get all excited about these cheap Nardi* copy wheels because they think it's a cheap way to get a Nardi* in the car, however....

a) they look COMPLETELY different
    b) the quality is terrible
    c) they're dangerous!

I KNOW you can get cheaper wheels that won't kill you, nobody ever said you can't!

*replace Nardi with your choice of brand, there are loads of crap ripoffs on Ebay.

Of course steering wheels bend when you crash, in the same way a car bends when you crash. We're not talking about when you crash, we're talking about when you drive down the road and OH LOOK the wheel is about to fall apart.
    Last edited by Bon Bon; 23-09-2011 at 10:43.

Rides
    What he said^^^ and my point was more that although anything can bend in a crash, these will snap and end up with a jagged bit of wheel hub sticking out of your face if you crash, and slit wrists from the same bits of ruined cheese-metal.

Rides
    sometimes branded wheels can go tits up too, this is/was my Mountney

seriously, who rivets a wheel together!?!? its now been replaced with a 1 piece Grant wheel

Rides
    Can I just point out that Mountney isn't exactly premium quality either?! lol

Rides
    my genuine omp wheel was about £133 from the omp website last xmas, and is the tits

even though the misses stumped up for it, i think its relatively cheap for an awesome wheel

Rides
    not wanting to detract further but i have a mountney and whilst 'asthetically' it isnt as good/pretty as the nardi, its bloody strong

im 17st and wailed on mine trying to get the boss off and it didnt bend at all

ended up taking a big hammer to it all to get the boss off and it still didnt bend
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    yeah its true, but they have been arround for years so you would expect at least some quality! rather than being cobbled together with rivets

the grant ones lovely though

Rides
    I'd doubt mountney would be dangerous if demon tweaks and other big companies sell them. Don't forget with any aftermarket part you can have issues.

I've seen pics of japspeed track rod ends stripped of their treads, and you could turn round and say "who in their right mind would make the threads out of ally?"

I think it's slightly more hit and miss with cheaper stuff. But generally you're ok. Didn't someone post up earlier that they had managed to bend their genuine nardi wheel?

Rides
    In the eyes of many deep dish wheels are cool now and everyone wants a piece so theres bound to be unscrupulous people out there ready to take advantage by knocking out cheap shit immitations and its also a fact that people love bargains so will keep buying these shitty things fueling the fire more Just look at the flood of fake brides , takata's and DV's etc .

To the people crying over the price of the Genuine Nardi's well thats the unfortunite price of quality im affraid , put a Nardi next to most other wheels and you will see for yourself how much better they look , how much better they feel and how much better they wear. The cheap deep dish wheels on Ebay are just that cheap shite and they look pretty damn awfull IMO.

As with everything in life you get what you pay for and if your prepared to spend £70 on a fake on Ebay why not dig a bit deeper and get a Genuine brand wheel ,Sparco , momo , personal , Omp or Nardi atleast you know its the real deal and will get a good looking wheel !

That Mountney is pretty shocking TBH

Rides
    erm.....only just seen the pic of the mountney.........yeah thats pretty bad
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake Ben Taylor View Post
    erm.....only just seen the pic of the mountney.........yeah thats pretty bad
    i am just glad i was only going slowly when it happened

credit to them i sent them a pic and they got back to me very quickly and said i could have any wheel i wanted from their range free of charge